1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Jokester

Don

They're the only ones I have figures for to hand. :)

2. StriderX

Capodecina

Why highlight some other countries domestic affairs when it doesnt concern you? is probably the better question here, he's butting in again, i dont think Mrs May butted in any of the school shootings... So that leaves his childish hatred for Khan who just so happens to be Muslim which considering he retweeted (which as we've all agreed on this forum is basically saying it yourself...) something involving "londonistan" from a known racist... he's such a clown.

3. Dolph

Man of Honour

Fair enough :)

As long as you're not going down the route of expecting overall deaths to change if guns are less available :)

4. Dolph

Man of Honour

Because trump is a racist idiot with access to twitter...

London does seem to be having a crime spree under Khan that wasn't there under previous mayor's, but I doubt that's why trump is highlighting it.

5. VincentHanna

Capodecina

It might seem like that, but if we look at statistics and take, for instance, murders then we aren't near the high of 204, that happened in 2003.

6. StriderX

Capodecina

That's because there have only been a few mayors, if we went back to the 1950s, oof, im sure if the police reports weren't such a mess i could make a comparison. (or as above)

The direction of travel is pretty ******, but you know i love blaming the Tories for this because all their policies have engendered a class of criminal behavior out of necessity and toxicity. Regardless t'aint the thread. I'm not entirely sure what Khan is meant to do when the MET even concluded that it was the government that was hindering it's ability.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  7. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

It’s not just London. The problem is country wide with knife crime. May as HS and then PM devastated police numbers and moral in the service, she carries more blame than anyone.

8. timmeh

Mobster

The pentagon are reluctant to discuss their cyberattacks in Russia without trump because they’re worried he’ll discuss it with foreign officials like he has in the past.

Also, he’s saying the latest article by the NYT is ‘virtual treason’ even though his national security officials said there were no concerns.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1140105392761888768

9. StriderX

Capodecina

Virtual treason for insinuating that your forces are dealing with an enemy state in kind? What a tit, and people wonder why he's such an obvious russian plant.

Someone should call him out, so atleast they can have a solitary snigger.

10. Evangelion

Capodecina

Trump's economy is working well... for immigrants!

[​IMG]

11. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

Never a good sign when the pentagon doesn’t trust the commander in chief to either not resist shutting it down or blurting it to the Russians.

12. Roar87

Soldato

Khan started the feud with Trump and continued it, Trump even said him getting elected was a good thing back in 2016, if the guy simply kept his mouth shut instead of pandering to the morons who lap up criticism of Trump then Trump wouldn't even know his name.

13. doodah

Capodecina

If only the guy simply kept his mouth shut.....now that's a good'un!!

14. Roar87

Soldato

Trump is *always* painted as the aggressor, same thing with Meghan Markle. She calls him misogynistic based on a private conversation he had with his mate once, despite the fact he's surrounded himself with women working in top jobs for him, yet when he says he didn't know she was "nasty (about him)" the media spin the story that he's called her nasty as if it's out of the blue. Khan wrote an article about Trump before he arrived, he continues to criticise Trump then people are shocked because Trump says something back.

15. kinetic747

Wise Guy

I was wondering how long the Trump fans were going to lie low. Any comment on his willingness to use information from foreign sources against his opponents?

16. StriderX

Capodecina

It's not private anymore, so yes grabbing women by their genitals is ******* misogynistic ok and a women should be able to make an opinion of the man on those grounds, because he represents something dangerous to them.

Much like how he represents something dangerous to Khan being a Muslim in a western country when he calls them all sorts of things, so he has the right to be annoyed and because he's in a position of visibility he should be able to make audible the concerns of people who dont have a voice as loud as his.

Regardless why aren't you moaning about how a foreign government is butting into our domestic affairs hmm? Would have gone ballistic under Obama no doubt.

17. Roar87

Soldato

I'm sure you've never said anything that would look very bad in public to any of your friends in private. In the context of the conversation he was essentially just bragging to his mate that the women who hang out around him let him do what ever he wants, I mean I'd imagine that's true for a lot of male celebrities, I bet a lot of them take advantage of that fact as well; he isn't groping random women in the street.

The fact is that in Europe during the years preceding his election there was a hell of a lot of Islamic Terrorist attacks in Europe, America had a few in those years but they mainly happened here, the majority of the voting demographic of Republicans were clearly worried about the kind of attacks happening in Europe becoming wide spread in America. Naturally Trump has to appear like he's doing something about that perceived problem. His "Muslim ban" actually turned into a ban from the following: -

Iran
    Yemen
    Syria
    Libya
    Venezuela
    North Korea

Now 2 of those countries aren't even majority Muslim as far as I'm aware. I'd argue you would struggle to take issue with a ban on travel from the other 5. He didn't actually say there's anything wrong with being a Muslim, his issues were mostly related to how freely a group that has a sig

You'd perhaps have a point if we were in the middle of a mayoral election campaign and he was telling us to vote out Sadiq Khan, but criticising Sadiq for doing a **** job when he's doing a **** job seems fair to me. Do you understand the difference here? Interfering with foreign elections and using your weight to encourage people to vote one way is incredibly bad, criticising someone for doing a bad job generally isn't bad. There's a distinction.

18. StriderX

Capodecina

Then tell me what is the Mayor meant to do?

What is your great big idea for him to enact?

19. Roar87

Soldato

I don't know, I'm not the Mayor, if I was the Mayor and people were getting murdered in great numbers in my city and I didn't feel I could do anything to enact change, I'd probably tender my resignation and cite the reasons why (not enough Police or whatever) instead of sitting in a job with a responsibility that doesn't apparently come with the adequate powers. Then either knife crimes keep going up and I can say "I told you so", or knife crime comes down and I can at least sleep better knowing people aren't dying because of my inability to do a job.

20. StriderX

Capodecina

Oh great its down to "i told you so" politics? Really?

Resigning wont do diddly other than make the guy look like a politically selfish ****, the fact is that he's limited by the GLA board and the Home Secretary, the Mayor cannot go outside the guidelines of the national government, maybe that is worth resigning over, but it would be pointless.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019