1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. h4rm0ny

Soldato

You have to be joking? He destroyed Libya (egged on by Hilary). He gave covert encouragement and aid to to rebels in Syria. Increased tensions with Russia massively. Signed off innumerable assassinations of people.

2. viathinair

Wise Guy

France sparked that and led it.

3. Roar87

Soldato

He obviously doesn't need to literally say "I told you so", it would be apparent.

https://londonelects.org.uk/im-voter/what-mayor-london-and-london-assembly-do

Well hang on, it says London has a budget of £17bn and he's (jointly) responsible for it? Is that wrong? Could he not elect to spend more of the budget on Policing?

4. StriderX

Capodecina

It requires a significant majority of the board to allow changes, so no he can't just plough money wherever he likes and it would mean damaging other things in the process likely to the detriment of resolving the issue in the first place.

This is a government problem as admitted to by the MET commission otherwise they'd be moaning about the mayor. The only criticism i could table at him is the lack of a action plan to deal with it, but the issue there is that it requires research and seeing what worked elsewhere, agreeing that with the MET and the GLA in general and acting on it takes time rather unfortunately, things don't just instantly resolve themselves when people pontificate.

So far it just seems to be increased Stop and Search's, which i frankly doubt will be the solution.

Regardless it's always a time problem, and we wont know until it's taken some months or years to develop into a strategy that actually works.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  5. Evangelion

Capodecina

In related news, Trump's just been smacked down by the NYT for the millionth time.

[​IMG]

(Source).

It's official: he's the most untrustworthy POTUS in history. His own Pentagon officials can't even trust him with basic intelligence.

6. Caracus2k

Mobster

Or alternately the London Mayor stuck his nose in first where it wasn't warranted and started a feud with a rather vindictive man.....

Do you have any evidence that Trump doesn't get into rather public spats with any white men he has fallen out with at an equal rate or is squealing 'racism' a substitute for an argument where you come from?

Its not the respective crime rates that matter so much rather than Khan thinking its a good idea, as a city Mayor, to start a spat with the head of another government (or at least a person running for office at the time)

I am not saying it didn't happen but can anyone point me towards a link for a previous Mayor (Boris) starting a public spat with the (prospective) leader of another nation of high significance to the UK?

Hopkins doesn't need to be a racist to 'pick' on Khan he's been a pretty rubbish Mayor regardless of his religious/ ethnic background.

Don't bring logic into this!

Colonel_Klinch was too busy projecting their own prejudices onto the situation!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  7. Caracus2k

Mobster

are you suggesting the Democrats / Hillary would remain silent if some compromising information was leaked into the public domain about a political opponent because 'foreign sources' were involved?

I know TDS makes it hard to tell political opportunism from 'Collusion' when it comes to Trump but I implore you to try your best

Of course in the real world the democrats have used (potentially rather dodgy) information initiated at the behest of foreign sources to go after Trump!

8. Caracus2k

Mobster

You might want to be careful making a judgement about a flippant comment made years ago to (a) peer(s) (rather than actions) because some devious soul might start doing some of their own digging and start selectively quoting you....

9. The Geezer

Wise Guy

How would you explain this, out of context or typically Trump behaviour ? The article is 8 months old

https://theweek.com/articles-amp/655770/61-things-donald-trump-said-about-women

All citations are provided

10. Evangelion

Capodecina

Wow, Caracus2k is still defending Trump's worst admissions about his own behaviour. Just incredible.

11. kinetic747

Wise Guy

I don't know but I doubt they'd be stupefyingly dumb enough to admit it on camera in the oval office.

12. Evangelion

Capodecina

Trump's own advisers confirm that Biden is beating him in the polls. Trump's response: deny the existence of the polls, and sack his pollsters.

(Source).

13. h4rm0ny

Soldato

Robert Gates wrote that in meetings, Obama self-described his position as "49-51 on whether or not to bomb Libya" with Hillary pushing very aggressively for him to do so. America destroyed Libya more than anyone else did. I don't excuse Obama because of French involvement and nor should you. Someone claimed that Obama wasn't war-mongering. He most certainly did.

It speaks well of President Trump if US intelligence doesn't trust him to serve their interests or let them do whatever they want, imo.

Right near the top of that article they get in their biased reporting with "Donald Trump’s presidential campaign pledge to ban Muslims from the US ". Not true.

14. h4rm0ny

Soldato

15. h4rm0ny

Soldato

16. Evangelion

Capodecina

Hilarious nonsense.

17. h4rm0ny

Soldato

Seems you are correct. Cursory search shows France dropped more than four times as many bombs on Libya than the USA. So thank you for the correction.

Hardly absolves Obama's decision to take a major role in destroying the country, however, which is the point I was making. Obama getting the Nobel peace prize was a sick joke.

18. doodah

Capodecina

I don't think you'll find anyone here who thinks he should have won the peace prize, especially in his first year.

19. VincentHanna

Capodecina

They gave him that before he had even done anything and he was loathed to accept it.

He gave the prize money to charity.

20. doodah

Capodecina