1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. doodah

Capodecina

I can't stop watching it, a 73 year old man!

Some reckon the cough was Mick signalling to Trump to be careful with his answer about releasing his financial records and Trump didn't like been told what to do.

2. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I like how the democrats are being positioned as the "radical left."

They are generally more right wing than our conservative party.

3. wesimmo

Wise Guy

It's beyond comprehension what is going through his mind.

I suspect that might well have been the case regarding Mick, i mean Trump was literally sitting there saying he wanted people to see his financial statements as they're "fantastic", but this time he was saying it to someone not from Fox News so he was getting called out on the question of whether HE would release them.

TBH i don't know why he bothered, yet again Trump managed to slap away the helping hand and make things look worse, but yet again it doesn't really seem to change the views of any of the core support he has.

4. Kyo

Mobster

The Central Park 5 story (mainly due to the recent TV show) has dredged up some uncomfortable attention to Trump where he at the time, had put in an Newspaper ad to propose and justify a need to bring back Capital Punishment. (Trump didnt directly implicate this should apply to the accused black teenagers but the intent was there). When pressed recently by Reporters on his part on the story, he had absolutely no words of apology or even sympathy on the injustice and hardship these boys now men had endured despite being wrongly jailed for so many years. His reply is both staggering and demonstrates exactly the type of person they have leading the country

Source

==============================

Just have a look at his new (part time) ambassador pick to Canada. All the best people especially when they donate ;). Looks like "both sides" is a very popular response in the Trump administration to questions they have absolutely no clue about.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  5. Evangelion

Capodecina

Russian state television is now openly mocking Trump's litany of failures:

6. Raoh

Gangster

Indeed it is, the majority of the posts in this thread are sufficient proof of that.

7. Yas786

Caporegime

Sufficient proof of what exactly?? That Trump supporters are mindless drones?? Oh for sure looking back at some of the Trump supporters responses....it’s like they live in an alternate universe where cold hard proof is no longer valid. But whatever Trump says is the gospel truth, anyone with half a brain cell can see right through his outrageous lies.

What is it now?? Almost 10k worth of lies and false statements. That takes some doing lol

8. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

clever. smart.

9. krooton

Capodecina

He really could start his own religion at this rate, which in itself is a terrifying thought!

Move over L Ron Hubbard, there's a new faith in town.

10. doodah

Capodecina

I think it's time machine time again....

So we are over half way and the deficit has gone up significantly, as has the debt and there are inklings of a recession next year. The tax cuts did exactly what opponents said it would - not pay for themselves, not bring in more revenue, not increase wages significantly (fastest uptick in a decade but far, far away from what Trump promised), they haven't brought the debt down which I think Trump claimed at one point. Trump said he would wipe out the debt in 2 terms.

Ooff this has aged a peach. To answer your question - revoking TTIP and justice reform. Let me guess you will ignore the thousand other terrible things he's done.

So where do you stand on the 10 instances of obstruction and the 14 referrals?

(referring to the Mueller timeline compared to other investigations). A fairly fruitful investigation considering it's laid bare the lengths Russia went to in order to interfere, the guilty pleas, the charges and showing the public Trump is/was willing to obstruct justice. The icing on the cake was Trump admitting the very thing he spent 2 years denying/

11. Raoh

Gangster

I think the last several responses here has proved my point nicely - thanks for that.

It's nice you took the time to find my old posts, and I agree, they have aged a peach, but ironically not in the way you're trying to point out and I still stand by the points made and think there's still a lot to be revealed here yet, but hey, whatever suits your Trump bashing agenda I guess. :)

In an attempt to be constructive (probably lost on this thread but I try)...

I wasn't against or for Trump, tbh I thought him and Clinton were both terrible prospects for leaders and I hate politics and the sliminess that goes with it at the best of times, but what I did see, and cannot stand for that matter, was an agenda to slander someone and spin events negatively in any way possible whatever it is, or to remain silent when there is the slightest possible positive to say. Now why is that, are there no positives about the Trump presidency, not even the slightest to report on - if the extremely one sided reporting on this doesn't raise eyebrows or spark a few questions in you then I don't know what to tell you, you may be beyond help at this point.

Is there a reason why stories and certain details which would be huge scandals and front page news if about Trump are not reported (or very minimally) if they cast a negative light on the Democrats or could possibly cast anything Trump does or is connected to in a positive light?
    There's only so much of this you can keep witnessing over and over again (again, I had no bias in this I could have cared less for either candidate and was impartial) before you begin to ask questions as to why this is, unless of course you are one of those 'manipulated mindless drones' that was mentioned earlier, who has a simplistic view on events and asks no questions about this bias.

Well anyway - back to bashing Trump lads.

12. doodah

Capodecina

You made a little over 10 posts in this thread, it wasn't particularly hard.

So are you going to address those points in relation to your earlier predictions? What good things do you think Trump has done for the American people?

Did you ever consider he has little to no good points/policies? You kind of seem to be missing the obvious. Why is he the most unpopular candidate and president (excluding within the GOP)? He's the only president that's had more of the country disapprove of him than approve for every single day of his current term. Does not speak volumes?

And yes - we really believe you're not for Trump. I genuinely wouldn't care if you provided instances and facts of all his wonderful work. You see the other Trump supporters always fail at this. He could punch a baby and we'd hear something about Obama several minutes later. Not all Trump fans in America are racist low-information people, some had simply had enough of incremental neo-liberal politics shafting them but I am still waiting for an actual measurable outcome that has helped American citizens.

Lets just recap. You predicted the terrible finances needed more time to turn around and deflected to Obama's bad economical policies. You claim this is a Trump bashing thread yet haven't addressed your points or given us some positive actions from Trump (I think). You predicted the Mueller report would turn a blank.

Deflection, ignoring and straw-manning - sound familiar?

13. StriderX

Capodecina

Yes i will bash trump tyvm.

Biden is still well out in front of him, i'm loling.

14. doodah

Capodecina

It's a weird angle isn't it. Somebody demonstrably awful and yet we're called Trump bashers :confused:. Are there groups of people online who defend Gary Glitter until they're blue? What has Trump done for these people to blindly defend them?

Edit - @VincentHanna - they did over $24m in 24 hours :eek:

15. Raoh

Gangster

I'll give this response about the same amount of effort your post took, seems like a fair exchange of time and energy right?

Just so I'm understanding you correctly here - just checking you see, so I don't miss the obvious of course; you want me provide you with instances of good things Trump has done for the American people, as you state, when you then go on to say:

So, you basically want me to spend my time to provide you with something you genuinely don't care about?
    Do you make it a habit of wasting people's time with inane requests or is this a special occasion?

Gee I wonder why if the above is any indication, probably because they lose the will to live with this thread and its ridiculous bias.

For the record, I don't claim this is a Trump bashing thread, it's plain to see for anyone not afflicted with TDS - once more for emphasis:

You seem to be afflicted, it may well affect other parts of your life so you may want to get that checked.

I'll tell you what I will do though, I'll post some content on here going forward to bring a bit of balance to this thread, but please understand, I don't make it my life's mission to live on this thread or forum (like some) so bare with me, you'll have plenty of history searching ahead of you.

Anyway, back to the usual Trump bashing, I'll insert a token reply here for you lot, you know, to fit in and all:
    "hur-de-hur, he didn't post any facts of Trump's good work - we got another one fellas, huh-huh-huh" *pat* *pat* *pat*.
    /echochamber

16. Raoh

Gangster

Defending Trump compared to defending a Paedophile - nice comparison there chap.

17. StriderX

Capodecina

18. doodah

Capodecina

Yet here we are - still haven't responded to anything yourself.

19. chroniclard

Capodecina

Note how all his supporters on here are a bit mental with their views and quite unpleasant in general. Also prone to a conspiracy theory.

20. Yas786

Caporegime

Don’t forget they are also prone to a bit of violence too ;).