1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Jono8

Caporegime

Ding ding ding! (He still probably doesn't understand though)

2. D.P.

Caporegime

Ehh, they are in their country trying to fix it. One step has been made and that has been to officially declare Trump's language as racist.

3. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Therefore what he said can't be racist if they go home within the USA.

Seems to have gone full circle.

Dems insult the president, he insults them back... so much butt hurt on both sides.

I see that the Russian collusion and obstruction of justice banshees have gone very quiet.

4. Kyo

Mobster

Trump supporters rallying their man.

5. Jono8

Caporegime

Lol. Are you intentionally missing the whole point ?

6. chroniclard

Capodecina

lol at the desperation of trying to defend Trump. People really need to step back from their ideology and have a look at themselves and their morals.

7. Jono8

Caporegime

Indeed. It took a few days for the regulars to find some sort of spin on what he said. I knew they would post some hilarious rubbish eventually but I must admit, it's even more ridiculous than I thought it would be.

8. VincentHanna

Capodecina

The one where Mueller said he literally couldn't charge a sitting president with Obstruction?

A 1973 decision by the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel states that a sitting president cannot be indicted. For that reason, Mueller said, charging Trump with a federal crime "is unconstitutional."

"Charging the President with a crime was therefore not an option we could consider," Mueller said.

9. Kyo

Mobster

He doesnt care about facts or specifics, how many times have went around in circles on this topic or actually took notice in what was in the report. As far as he is concerned Trump was exonerated completely........because Trump said so.

10. wesimmo

Wise Guy

Trump supporters having a debate be like...

11. plasmahal

Wise Guy

No, not at all.

It's all double standards and hypocrisy.

I'm looking at it from both sides so I have not supported trumps comments but when the dems are racist it's OK but when the president is racist, it's the end of the world.

I was trying to get the logic when people said that telling someone to go back to their country of origin (e.g. Somalia, south america etc) was racist which I see that it is, then those same people state the fact that they are from the US, it's still racist to tell some to stay in their country.

12. Murphy

Wise Guy

You've conflated intention/implication with fact there, the fact is they were born in the USA so can't go home to their own country because they're already there, the intention of what Trump said, i assume, was not to suggest that however, unless he's so stupid that he doesn't know you can't go to a place that you're already in.

When he said they should go home the implication was that the USA was not their home.

13. plasmahal

Wise Guy

I'm not denying that, but if that is their laws, case closed and move on.

14. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I did, you bought it up!

You - People have gone very quiet about collusion/obstruction.
    Me - Well this is the reason he wasn't charged...
    You - Oh stop bringing up collusion/obstruction and move on with your life.

15. wesimmo

Wise Guy

That's why there is an enquiry, they can amend the law if they find it's not fit for purpose and has resulted in a hostile foreign power effectively putting an incompetent puppet in charge.

16. Kyo

Mobster

Which @plasmahal still refuses to face facts. He trying desperately to spin this into something rational when it clearly isnt the case. Just look at the type of "supporters" that is celebrating his tweets.

17. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Agreed, many things are implied and therefore open to interpretation depending on what side of the fence you are on. It seems to be of a case of creating controversy to divert peoples attention away from other things happening like, links to Epstein, ICE raids and to put Pelosi at the back and the squad at the front of democratic politics.

18. MartinPrince

Hitman

Trumps own former Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, called him a "f*****g moron". Calling the President names and insulting him is one thing but what you really should not do is use a persons race in your reply because then you may well end up being called a racist.

I suffered a fair bit of racist abuse in my youth but I grew up in the days of the National Front which many might not remember or know of.

On one bus journey into town a guy sitting behind said "Go back to where you came from you black sambo". Now you might not see a problem with that but what might make the guy behind me better than you is that he knew a racist remark when he used/heard one.

Of all the insults I heard as a kid 'go back to where you came from' was probably the most used. Ironically 'sambo' is never used today and even some of the black guys I play football with in their late 20's did not know the term, with one of them even having the nickname that all his mates called him as "Sambo", totally oblivious to the fact that was a racial slur for us older guys. ;)

The fact that I was born here did not matter to the guy behind me. The fact that Rashida Tlaib (who said "were going to impeach the motherf*****") was born in Detroit does not matter to Trump. Telling somebody of colour to "go back to where you came from" in ANY context is simply racist, whether you understand or acknowledge it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  19. doodah

Capodecina

**** me this is getting tiresome. I don't support Trump or his actions but what about this/look over there....

20. plasmahal

Wise Guy

not denied any facts!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes: