1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. plasmahal

Wise Guy

OK, so you can see way I asked for context, lol.

2. JRS

Capodecina

Yeah. We do.

It's no wonder you're missing context if you're missing half of the damned post. Fix your bloody browser :p

3. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Yup :D

This is what that post looked like to us:

[​IMG]

4. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Gone back to post #34833, turned off ad-blocker but cannot find any links etc. Never had to do anything to see items embedded in forums. Using chrome and do not anything really apart from ad-blocker.

5. ANDREW GREEN

Hitman

Erm you do realise you just linked a post backing up what I said, I take it you didn't read it:

Fox News is mostly right-wing; it was designed in 1996 by a conservative Republican who created it to be the media arm of the Republican party; it has become a friendly place for Republican politicians, somewhere that actively promotes pro-Republican policies. But— and this is important to remember— Fox News has some actual (and reputable) news reporters, like Bret Baier, Chris Wallace, and Shep Smith. They often lean center-right, but they are all very fair and very reliable. On the other hand, Fox News is known for its conservative commentators, who are seldom fair and have a specific viewpoint: they are very much pro-Republican, pro-Trump, and anti-Democrats.

CNN was established in the early 1980s to be an unbiased place to get the news of the day. It made a name for itself as generally centrist, and it has always had commentators from both sides of the political spectrum. Unfortunately, Pres. Trump decided to make CNN his personal whipping post, and he relentlessly insults the network— often unfairly. His main complaint is they are not Fox News— they don’t praise him and they don’t accept whatever he says as gospel truth the way the Fox News commentators do. These days, some critics believe CNN is left-wing, but there is no real evidence of this. Some of its reporters may be center-left, but most are just centrist. Is CNN perfect? No. Do their reporters sometimes make mistakes? Yes, and they correct them. But despite constant ridicule and complaints from the president, CNN’s journalists do try their best to be fair to the facts.

6. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Oh, FFS. Seriously I have not got anything blocked other than ads and turned that off now and still don't see it.

7. Devilman

Gangster

Do you use anything like "uBlock Origin" extension for chrome? It can block 3rd party sites content from being loaded (such as the embedded twitter / youtube stuff)

8. plasmahal

Wise Guy

This is what i see and there are no links or anything to click on in the empty'ish space.

[​IMG]

9. Pottsey

Mobster

You don’t mention her directly but you use the same the same style of deflection as the whataboutery Hilary posters causing people to lump you in with them as you sound just the same.

When proven wrong as you have been multiple times in this thread. You either vanish for a while and then come back posting something complete different or use transparent deflection trying to write off the other peoples post with your obsession about the left in just the same style as “whataboutery Hilary”. It’s very clear via you posting history in this thread that you are not interested in real debates. I tried to engage you reasonably many times and look how you acted.

You do realise this is a forum with a posting history we can all see! Not every time but you have failed repeatably to backup you opinion or admit when you have been wrong instead responding by ignoring posts, deflection, lies and plagiarism. That’s why people have been calling your posts troll like. You barely if at all responded to my debates with real evidence or in a real debate style. You got shut down because you where wrong not because people didn't want to debate and what little evidence you posted we didn't like for good reason. Are you really telling me you still don't understand why we don't accept sources from the bottom? How can you remotely think those sources are suitable. They don't backup your opinion one bit in fact using sources from the bottom of makes your opinion weaker.

10. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Yeah, no links show up for these as placeholders. Whenever I post one, I have to refresh before it'll show up (For me). Maybe you need to hard refresh (CTRL+F5) or clear the cache or something?

11. JRS

Capodecina

@plasmahal - can you load up the tweet if you click on a link to it? Link. That'll help rule out whether it's a site issue or an embed one.

12. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Oh man... Sorted it. DuckDuckGo by default sets up site private protection and by default blocks trackers for google and twitter. Turned that of and boom, a load of stuff showed up.

Right now its a total facepalm.jpg.

13. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Apologies to @Colonel_Klinck, i just couldn't see what you posted so it made no sense. :(

14. JRS

Capodecina

Glad it was a straightforward fix :)

15. cheesyboy

Capodecina

This thread seems worth a read:

Particularly interesting is the date of Trumps Putin call, followed by the INF Treaty withdrawal and then Trump championing Russia at the G7.

16. plasmahal

Wise Guy

I can't see how they have info that the special counsel and US Intel don't have. Let's see.

17. Greebo

Caporegime

Not really. Neither people answering that backs up your point that Fox News is a valid source. Just one person mentioned three fox news reporters that had credibility and perhaps worthy of quoting. I assume therefore that since this is your evidence, everytime you quoted Fox News you have only used reports made by one of these three reputable journalists?

18. doodah

Capodecina

Question is, if true, which of his lackeys are going to be stupid enough to get involved with the cover up.

19. Kyo

Mobster

He has surrounded himself full of yes men and other cretins ready to do his bidding. So I doubt many will have the sense for self preservation until it's too late.

20. robgmun

Capodecina

Same things happen to me sometimes and I have uBlock Origin, refreshing the page often then brings it up