1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. chroniclard

Capodecina

Trump is in DC, you are saying he is a bigger liar than trump. Which given there are hundreds of trump lies documented is a big call.

2. Freakbro

Capodecina

As pointed out, yes, you did.

I think you need to brush up on your geography of where the White House is

3. Jono8

Caporegime

Did you even read the article? It is completely ridiculous.

The only contact, was when the whistleblower spoke to a staffer for the Intelligence committee, who advised them to go through the correct and proper legal channels (ie with the IG/DNI).

Schiff's statement that the commitee (ie members of congress) had not spoken directly with the whistleblower is therefore completely true.

Stop believeing all the ridiculous spin that Trump and the right wing media put on things.

Furthermore, IF Schiff was lying ( he wasnt), what would he have to gain by doing so? The Whistleblower approached an IC staffer, who said to go through the correct channels first before speaking directly with the comittee. There is no reason whatsover for Schiff to hide that or keep that quiet. Trump is just trying to dupe people like you into thinking that Schiff lied, and then trying to make out that if he did, it has any relevance to anything. It is complete and utter obfuscation and distraction.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  4. Evangelion

Capodecina

It's sad that Snowden is on the run. He does deserve protection. However, it's not sad that these whistleblowers are being protected. They deserve protection too.

5. plasmahal

Wise Guy

No, Re-read it, I said from the swamp in DC.

People need to re-read what they have said as it was clearly stated that Trump is not a politician so therefore not part of the swamp.

That's what you guys have asserted.

The swamp is made up of career long politicians, which Trump is not.

If you think I'm wrong, then you are basically saying Trump is a true politician.

So my assertion about Schiff is correct.

6. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Yes I said that.

Why did you delete that part of the quote?

Deliberately trying to be disingenuous or just assholishness?

7. Jono8

Caporegime

8. Freakbro

Capodecina

WTF sort of stupid mental gymnastics is that? :confused:

You are wrong in about every statement you make there.

a) Trump is the President of the United States, therefore he is a politician

b) The swamp does not mean 'career long politicians' - it is just a metaphor meaning to root out corruption

Please back up that Schiff lies more than any other politician in DC

No, didn't think you could, ergo you're statement isn't correct

9. randal

Capodecina

Trump resides in DC in the Whitehouse does he not? The position of President falls under the bracket of "politician". I wasn't aware there were rules as to how long you had to be a lying politician to be in the place colloquially referred to as the swamp.

Live by the sword, die by the sword regards of how long you hold it (or how effective you are at swinging it about).

10. Tefal

Capo Crimine

He is...its literally his job?

11. Evangelion

Capodecina

[​IMG]

Because I agreed with it, and saw no need to comment on it.

But I would like to address this:

It wasn't a case of 'backbone' with Snowden. Unlike the current whistleblowers, he had broken the law; he stole government property, and violated the Espionage Act of 1917. He also publicly exposed state secrets that potentially compromised national security.

So there was a lot of motivation to chuck him in the slammer, and very little to keep him out.

12. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Worst defence ever.

13. chroniclard

Capodecina

Just take your fail and move on, be a man.

14. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Well, that's what i said in the thread some time back and got shot down for saying it.

It's their rules not mine.

15. kinetic747

Wise Guy

I think you're right in saying he isn't a politician, which just happens to be the reason he's the worst POTUS ever. Most leaders try to win over a section of the middle ground, to a certain extent anyway, but Trump's mantra is divide and conquer.

16. Tony Edwards

Mobster

That there is flat earther logic.

17. Greebo

Caporegime

Wait you said Trump is a lying and corrupt politician and got shot down for it?

18. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

It will depend on the poll numbers. If Mitch thinks his Senate majority is at risk as well as the WH, they have Pence in the wings who the party can get behind for 2020. He is nothing if not pragmatic and they have Pence in the wings who the party can get behind. Trump might energise this base but he energises the Dems base as well. This won’t be another 2016 where lots don’t bother to vote.

Although I have sympathy for Snowdon due to the time he was living in there were still whistleblower protections and he made a choice to not go down that route but instead go to the press. He knew the consequences of those actions. I think another 10 years and he’ll quietly get a pardon or be offered a minimal jail time sentence and he’ll head home.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  19. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Yep, although the emphasis was more on the politician part. I know he lies, corrupt, possibly. But then most of them are in that arena.

20. Yas786

Caporegime

But not to the extent Trump does, of course politicians will lie...no matter where it is in the world there will always be politicians that are only out for themselves.

But when it comes to the sheer amount of lies and fake claims, I don’t think anyone comes as close to Trump and that’s universally agreed.

History will not be kind to Trump, I mean compared to Nixon...Nixon could be considered a saint lol.