1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

2. FTM

Soldato

I think the turkish military might get a shock...the kurds got pretty good at fighting in the last 2 years

3. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Unfortunately the Turkish military got pretty good at mass murder in that time as well. And they won't be attacking the Kurdish soldiers; they'll be attacking the civilians.

4. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

We can only hope but after years of conflict with IS I cant imagine troop numbers are particular high. Best estimates say 40k troops, it just wont be enough against Turkey.

Trump has basically sentenced them to either death or exile and he well knows they will always fight rather than run.

Talk about instability in the east, Trump just threw away the best ally he had in the region to appease Turkey of all countries!

No one with any brain cells would say that getting involved in the IS conflict was a bad move...they were a force heavily reliant on total war to take land. That **** just doesn't wash in modern warfare no matter the region.

It got complicated because of Syria but the fight was always to get IS out of the region as quickly as possible...we did that with our Kurd allies who suffered significant loses as a result. All while Turkey sat on their asses doing nothing and not even letting refugees into the country.

Make no mistake we could not have done it without them and if any are left by the end of all this, you better believe that they will never help again no matter the stakes. Let's pray that IS dont resurface.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  5. Doggie2k

Hitman

I think it serves the Kurds right for not being with us on the beaches on Normandy in WW2!

6. bjorkiii

Gangster

Some of the statements his made regarding Turkey and the Kurds seem so bizarre, it's like his living on another planet?

7. Jono8

Caporegime

He is.

Trump rejected objective reality years ago.

He lives in an alternate right wing conspiracy theory driven world. His ww2 comment clearly came from reading an article from the website Townhall, which is one of the biggest garbage right wing news websites there is. It posts lies and conspiracy theories for fun.

His mind is being melded by these ridiculous websites.

The trouble is , they are all at it.

Here, we have Pence's wife praising Trump's respect for woman.

Trump..the man who has spent his entire life making disrespectful comments about woman

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...-women_us_5d9ed188e4b087efdba8232b?ri18n=true

They have all rejected reality, because it is too hard to reconcile with their beliefs and ideology.

8. bjorkiii

Gangster

The statement he made regarding Is forces just turning up in Europe so it's not America's problem :eek: , someone should remind him there are quite a few American interests in Europe aren't there. It's as if his baiting Terrorists to do something.

9. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

There is nothing like wanting revenge when being stabbed in the back by who you thought was your friend. He has made more enemies in the middle east.

10. Jono8

Caporegime

I think he genuinely doesnt understand the strategic importance of having bases and military projection across the globe.

He seems to think America help and have forces in other countries out of the goodness of their hearts....He doesnt get that money is spent around the world to help America's global military reach.

He is a simpleton.

11. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Yes and it's high time some world leaders called him out, including our own.:mad:

12. a1ex2001

Capodecina

It is sad that all in the wet including the UK seem happy to sit by and watch Turkey essentially perform an act of ethnic cleansing on the Kurds, statements condemning the actions are meaningless if we are unprepared to put troops on the ground we should be applying significant and damaging sanctions to Turkey with i immediate effect and urging the world to follow suit.

13. Jono8

Caporegime

But...but...our trade deal!!

It is going to be amusing if we leave the EU and Trump gets either impeached and removed,or voted out.

14. Evangelion

Capodecina

*cough*

[​IMG]

*chortle*

15. Kyo

Mobster

Does this really surprise us at all? He is an absolute idiot that needs to be reminded the key points to stick to. Also if you were the parents would you trust Trump to act on a fair and just way for your son? We all know the answer to that.

16. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Trump will only look after himself, above everything else.

When will people realise that?

17. Evangelion

Capodecina

Remember when Trump promised to repeal Obamacare, and didn't? Remember when he promised to replace Obamacare with a better system, and didn't?

Welp, this just in:

(Source).

Is anyone really surprised that Trump wants to erode anti-kickback legislation?

18. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

my post was correct then.

19. doodah

Capodecina

Looks like you can add Turkey not killing any Kurds to your ever growing list of getting things wrong when defending Trump Trusty.

20. C.R.A.Z.Y

Mobster

You only need to watch the video of Turkish government forces/thugs brutally attacking peaceful Kurdish protesters in Washington to see the undiluted Turkish hatred towards the Kurds.