1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. garnett

Mobster

Quite. His base got fed the meme "Trump Derangement Syndrome" to legitimise this part of their unthinking dismissal of anything critical of Trump.

It's funny though. His critics only comment on the truly dumb stuff now, and there's still more material than can be adequately covered.

2. Minusorange

Mobster

I wonder if the ceasefire is more to do with the SAA moving up to the border since the Kurds cut a deal with Assad than it is to the US whispering sweet nothings into Erdogans ears

3. doodah

Capodecina

Mulvaney's acting with forgetting key people's names was utterly convincing :rolleyes:.

4. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

Wow. That is some statement

5. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

Expect a tweet attacking Fox again

6. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

Rudy must be crapping himself and waiting for the knock on the front door

7. Jono8

Caporegime

We

Wow.

8. doodah

Capodecina

Down goes Perry, this is all unravelling very quickly.

9. Evangelion

Capodecina

He's never going to do any of that. Especially now Pence has successfully negotiated a ceasefire with Erdogan.

And don't forget that Erdogan is holding 50 US tactical nukes hostage.

10. Jono8

Caporegime

Yup. I very much doubt Trump will survive this.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...ine-investigations-sondland/story?id=66341931

Trump directed me to work with Giuliani to push Ukraine on investigations: Sondland

Sondland will say that he did not know the political nature of those investigations, that Giuliani never discussed the Biden's with him, and that he didn't know the Biden connection to Burisma -- insinuating that if he did, he would have opposed the effort.

"Inviting a foreign government to undertake investigations for the purpose of influencing an upcoming U.S. election would be wrong. Withholding foreign aid in order to pressure a foreign government to take such steps would be wrong. I did not and would not ever participate in such undertakings," his opening statement reads.

11. Evangelion

Capodecina

I thought it couldn't get any better, but look at this!

(Source).

Total insanity!

:D :D :D

12. Sleepery

Sgarrista

13. Jono8

Caporegime

I don't think they quite understand what they have done wrong.

Quid pro quo's involving agreed upon foreign policy by the whole government are obviously fine.

Quid pro quo's involving dirt/conspiracy theories related to you your political opponents, involving your about to be indicted personal lawyer are not, and are quite illegal.

14. StriderX

Capodecina

I cant keep up anymore...

15. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

That press conference was a car crash! Mulvaney was driving and everyone in the room could see the crash except him. I expect him to follow Perry out of the door soon.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  16. Nitefly

Man of Honour

I think that is a genuine tactic. There is so much twitter noise and person X saying Y that I’m sort of numb to the whole thing.

17. The Geezer

Wise Guy

What the hell is going on, I’m sure I had a grip on reality but this Trump parallel universe has got me thinking I’m out of sync with reality.

We know his impeachment won’t get the required votes in Congress so he will continue to behave as he is doing today. Giuliani will go to prison not Trump like his previous staff.

52 states in the US and the G7 ends up in a Trump property, what were the odds.

18. Jono8

Caporegime

Trump withheld congressionally allocated military aid from Ukraine in an effort to extort them into finding dirt on his political appointment.

This is a blatant abuse of power and is also illegal.

Trump will likely be removed from office. I think eventually the Republican Senators will snap.

19. Evangelion

Capodecina

They'll get the votes in the House, but not in the Senate.

20. Jono8

Caporegime

I am not so sure yet. Cracks are starting to show:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...kowski_us_5da8c45ae4b034f1d69f6b58?ri18n=true

“You don’t hold up foreign aid that we had previously appropriated for a political initiative,” Murkowski, a senior appropriator, told reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday afternoon. “Period.”