1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Poneros

Mobster

What do you think the damages total? Like how big's the pay off for this to even be at the Doral. I just have a hard time seeing how the negative PR is going to be worth it unless it's a lot more $$$ than I suspect.

2. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

Bit late shutting that door Mick. The horse is miles down the road already

3. wesimmo

Mobster

He's not clever. In any way.

He's just blatantly grasping at what he can before he goes down. TBF it'll likely be his last pay day, his name as his brand is going to backfire soon I think.

I'm starting to believe that things are becoming so blatant and widespread even the GOP can't keep looking the other way.

4. Kyo

Mobster

This moron is actually congratulating himself on a job well done. What is everyone so worried about? its all part of Trump's master plan. Nobel should be coming any moment now......

He is so delusional its not even funny anymore. Lives saved???. Destablising that entire region and wasted all that progress on IS over the years and he manages to absolutely **** things up so bad and he still trying to BS his way out of this situation. Trump is living on another planet?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  5. randal

Capodecina

Anyone else getting worried this impeachment business isn't going to amount to anything?

6. StriderX

Capodecina

I think the big worry is actually that it does, Trump won't be giving up his immunity to charges that easily as he's truly ****** if he's not sitting in that chair.

7. Yas786

Caporegime

Not worried but nothing will come of this impeachment. He will win another 4 yrs and the world will have to deal with his stupidity for another 4 yrs. **** by that time the world might be obliterated due to this idiots incompetence.

But no nothing will come of this impeachment. The GOP are not going to allow themselves to “lose” against the enemy aka the Dems.

8. B&W

Soldato

Last time the Greeks tried it with backing from the Western powers it didn't go well for them did it.

Like it or not Constantinople is gone, Turkey is here to stay. And the Kurds will have to suck it up.

9. StriderX

Capodecina

Things can always change... I think we should invade Turkey and take it back.

10. Poneros

Mobster

Of course it won't. Tbh I think it's a self-inflicted wound for the dems as these sort of inquiries do nothing but shore up support from the base. Tho I don't know they could've done anything else. One look at their candidates to oppose him and there's not much to inspire confidence.

In the end, Trump or not, an incumbent with a strong economy is almost impossible to dislodge. At least with the impeachment they get to have some fun and maybe help themselves in other races.

11. StriderX

Capodecina

Even if it does help his base, it's still just a base, they are limited in their voting potential and frankly it's more important to destroy the Trump image (stop Ivanka or his sons from running) in the future than it is to try and dislodge him, which could still happen, but assuming it doesn't.

12. Flibster

Caporegime

Aaaand another one is gone. Rick Perry has resigned.
    Energy Secretary is now a vacant position. Unfortunately, stick in a Trump yes man may be problematic as they're in charge of the nuclear weapons.
    Then again, they've left 50 or so on base in Turkey... so...

13. B&W

Soldato

Thinking and doing are two different things. The latter requires some testicular fortitude that many liberal hippies no longer have.

I hope Imran khan gives them some more nukes for leverage.

14. StriderX

Capodecina

Lol, Turkey are actively pushing away their allies and they have no nukes, the base they reside is heavily guarded by US forces and if it were ever at risk they like have orders to detonate it if it can't be returned. I do hope Russia doesn't nuke them and then we do nothing because we're not their friends anymore, that would be a shame.

I feel truly sorry for the Moderate Turks in the north west, led by a genocidal maniac. :) If ridding Iraq of Saddam was worthwhile, then ridding Turkey of Erdogan is as well.

Turkey actively funded the **** out of ISIS, do you support this for some reason?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  15. StevieP

Soldato

It tickles me that with all of the **** that Trump appears to have got away with (both before and after the election) that democrats have chosen this issue to try and unseat him with!

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump not only doesn't face any consequences but that he actually gets a 2nd term!

16. StriderX

Capodecina

What exactly were they meant to do? The Republicans in Nixon's era were far more patriotic, and they can't realistically do much without their support.

17. timmeh

Mobster

18. StevieP

Soldato

I'm not criticising the intent, I'm just amused that the transcript of a conversation with the Ukraine dude is what they chose to hang their hat on!

His laundry-list of idiotic statements and actions are far more incendiary in my opinion (although I concede that these are perhaps less "indictable"?!?)

The fact that he contradicts himself within hours (and on occasion in the very same press conference!) indicates an severely unhinged mind in my opinion!

19. Evangelion

Capodecina

The Democrats have been reluctant to act earlier because they didn't have enough ammunition. You can get away with a huge amount of dodgy stuff as POTUS. Inflammatory statements don't even register on the impeachment radar.

But Ukrainegate is extremely serious, and genuinely indictable. It's not just the transcript, it's the involvement of other people and the clear premeditation behind it.

I have always believed this, and still do.

20. StriderX

Capodecina

Slightly hoping that the EU starts putting tariffs on US goods to fully begin the recession in Trump's term (US-EU trade is basically 1:1 and mostly inside US companies, far more damaging to the US services wise), it would damage the EU as badly, but another 4 years of Trump seems like it'd be more of a problem.

The EU hasn't acted yet, hopefully once it does, retaliation is more swift as we near November next year, where he'll be grovelling for his economy to stop collapsing, if he's so weak vs Erdogan, once it starts looking like he's going to prison... it's the EU and China's gain assuming the recession doesn't open huge wound in multiple bubbles that have been blowing up.