1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

All you doom and gloom merchants on Trump winning 4 more years need to remember he won by 70k votes. The electoral collage vote looked great for him but he won several key districts by a very narrow margin. His base does not get him 4 more years. He needs to take a good chunk of independents and Obama voters as well. I'm not saying he won't but its far from being in the bag. Way too early to be calling anything.

2. StriderX

Capodecina

Yep, and GM is likely closing 3 plants in the NA, one in Ohio. I think the Republicans are unlikely to hold it, but it is a weak red state ultimately, Biden would likely flip it back just from the female voters i believe.

Texas is the real problem for the GOP however, lot's of people stepping down and the voting pattern has likely evolved since O'Rourke almost took it, if they lose that state it's over regardless what happens.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  3. The Geezer

Wise Guy

You have seen ‘Turkey’s voting for Christmas’, there are farmers who still back Trump whilst their crops rot in fields, don’t know what to plant for the next harvest all while collecting their bailout cheque from the government.

4. D.P.

Caporegime

Eh, With the Ukraine issue there Democrats have black and white evidence that Trump requested a foreign power to interfere with elections. That is straight up impeachable offense.

An idiotic statement is not an impeachable offense.

5. The Geezer

Wise Guy

Completely understand, it’s one of the reasons he’s been on rallies ever since he got into the WH. POTUS has divided the country and has a permanent 30-35% base, they will not blink it’s Trump all the way.

Now the bad news the Dems have no coherent message for voters.

6. D.P.

Caporegime

The GOP are also masters of voter suppression, gerrymandering, propagation of fake news, and are perfectly happy to support any illegal activity if it keeps them in power.

The GOP also have the electoral college on their side. The Democrats have to win millions more seats to have a chance. People overwhelmingly voted for Hillary, should got a sizeable majority, yet that still wasn't enough because people who live in populous states apparently are not as important as those who live in predominately rural states.

7. StriderX

Capodecina

Well not sure what you expect, they haven't found a runner yet, i do think the caucus isn't viable in this particular election, but at least they didn't just assume Biden would win like with Clinton last time.

The message on Trump will be state specific for most part (especially Ohio, which he's failed to "protect"), nationally it'll mostly speak for itself, but he's providing all the ammo himself at this point, it'll depend vastly on the economy which likely will save him, but it can equally end him considering he and he alone has made it likely a recession will occur. All that need happen is for the EU to start retaliating... which they will be forced to and for his China deal to fail.

The message is written by Trump already, the Dem's just need to reiterate it.

If it's Biden, it'll be a message of stability, not rocking the boat, stopping meaningless trade wars that hurt America, but he's damaged by conspiracy theories.

If it's Warren, i'm not really sure tbf, but if he starts attacking her, he's going to lose more of his female support i'd hazard.

Edit: also wtf Elijah Cummings died?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  8. The Geezer

Wise Guy

The US economy is a big fallacy, his tax giveaways have created a deficit as well as his trade wars which means the debt is climbing - will he address it ? yes possibly, by taking from the most vulnerable in society watch out for cuts in healthcare aid and education (Betsy is the grim reaper that's for sure). We all know the GOP are fiscally minded when someone else is in charge. This should be the only talking point the Dems raise, "Debt needs repaying, a country as large as the US can't go bankrupt following Trump's "Art of the Deal"'.

The independent and women voters hold the key to the WH, can't see Trump making headway here.

PS. Anyone seen Meth Lab Barbie in the last 2 weeks ?

9. doodah

Capodecina

So Turkey wanted the Kurd's land and were willing to wipe them out to get it. America have negotiated a deal to stop the fighting, give the land to the Kurds and not involve them in the negotiations. So Turkey gets what it wanted and saves money on the operation. What a ******* joke! I bet you all of the GOP that were balling their eyes about betraying the Kurds have little to say about this now, they only cared about their precious military industrial complex.

10. Jono8

Caporegime

Indeed. I actually think it's more likely he loses.

I can't see how he has GAINED voters. He has spent his whole term alienating anyone who doesn't or didn't support him. His approval rating has been ~40% for basically his entire presidency.

Also, with his term being an absolute **** show this will likely encourage some non voters who don't really like him to turn up and vote as well.

He lost the popular vote and he will do again as well.

11. doodah

Capodecina

Independents, level of cheating and thus the turnout and the state of the economy - I think they will be the key drivers. At this point I wouldn't put money on him losing :(.

12. StriderX

Capodecina

It's precisely why Iran is acting out, they sense how easy it is to manipulate him, the closer it gets to election day the more likely they are to do something that any rational president would act on, but he promised to get the boys home... Israel must be ******** itself.

13. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

You really do post some rubbish in these threads.

14. doodah

Capodecina

So what do we think? Mulvaney wanted to get fired or he was chosen as the patsy of the week?

15. StriderX

Capodecina

Considering the US is suffering from it's tariffs, why should the EU just take it? It should go on the offensive until a recession destroys trump's election chances and it'd be all his fault.

You could have posted something more substantive, but clearly that's above you.

16. Trusty

Capodecina

The EU is far more fragile than the US. It won't work

17. Evangelion

Capodecina

18. kinetic747

Wise Guy

He's a complete failure of a man, everything he touches turns to ****, surely the GOP will show some balls and give him the boot? :confused:

19. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

You're advocating collapsing the economy's of europe/usa/China and destroying billions of lives just because you dont like Trump, clearly reality and sanity are above you.

20. StriderX

Capodecina

Trump is already doing that, so best to get rid as soon as possible and then resolve it. ;)