1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. The Geezer

Wise Guy

What do you think Trump is doing to the Chinese economy, you know if they break we ALL break. The Chinese have a nuclear option in their back pockets, they hold government bonds for all the countries they do business with - what do you think would happen if they cash in their nearly $2 trillion in US bonds ?

2. Evangelion

Capodecina

Top diplomats break their silence over Trump's corrupt and incompetent administration:

(Source).

Trump is Putin's best investment since 2013, when he massively increased his power by introducing a law that allows him to pick Russian governors.

Nope. Look at the way they've supported him through thick and thin. They're not backing down, they've put all their money on Trump and they're going to ride him all the way to the next election.

3. timmeh

Mobster

Mattis has all the jokes now :D

4. FTM

Soldato

also nice to see Alex Jones lost his appeal...I hope they take him to the cleaners as presumably any other sandy hook parents now have a green light to sue him

5. Evangelion

Capodecina

A burn so savage, no amount of ice will cool it.

:D

6. Yas786

Caporegime

Ooh that gonna hurt Trump right in his bone spurs :D

7. Trusty

Capodecina

James Comey has been referred for criminal prosecution by Horowitz. Not much about it in the MSM though, which is surprising.

8. JeditOjanen

Mobster

It is. It's called deadcatting. You throw a dead cat into the room, and everyone talks about the dead cat until the thing you wanted to distract from goes away.

In the case of the Trump administration, however, they're throwing in dead cats to distract from the last dead cat.

9. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

Nothing, as you clearly have no concept of what government bonds are or how they work.

Trump/USA are being tough on China because it's a corrupt communist country that abuses the worlds markets, engages in currency manipulation and exploits its "developing country" status by polluting the planet more than everyone else combined. Perhaps you would be happy if we were more like China and adopted social credit systems and punished wrong thinking, just look at how they are trying to destroy Hong Kong, one of the bastions of the far east. The list is endless of Chinas crimes against it's people.

10. StriderX

Capodecina

How is hurting the US consumer being tough on China?

I should also remind you that he praised it's 70th anniversary... of communism, considering all his other misactions, doesn't seem to me like he cares one jot about the people in Hong Kong.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/trump-praises-chinese-response-hong-kong-protests

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...ay-praise-china-rankles-republicans-who-decry

Said nothing about the protester that was shot, but loves to heap praise on any dictator he can find, still no word on North Korea? or Iran? or Turkey who continues their genocide?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  11. StevieP

Soldato

Perhaps not in and of itself but surely impeachment can be brought if the president is deemed to not be fit for office? (I have no idea legally, it just seems to be a sensible path?)

Not condemning white supremacy with the "very fine people" farce months ago just seems to have been forgotten!

Lets face it, any one of the dozen or so bombshells that came out during the campaign would have torpedoed any other candidate but all these seem to do is fortify his base!

There appears to be a very large number of questionable people in the US! :D

12. The Geezer

Wise Guy

OK got it, no global economic harm if China fails. Which seems contrary to what you said earlier :confused:

13. Flibster

Caporegime

A month ago...

14. doodah

Capodecina

No wonder I couldn't find any mention of it (as in now) on Twitter but good deflection Trusty. Any more predictably grossly wrong predictions to make about Trump, the US economy or Turkey?

15. Trusty

Capodecina

Couldnt have been, Howoritz's meeting with congress was on wednesday.

16. Trusty

Capodecina

Hows it a deflection exactly? What predictions have i made that are grossly wrong?

17. doodah

Capodecina

You're obviously entitled to your own opinion but you have a habit of making wildly false claims and predictions when it comes to Trump. And if you're not doing that you try and deflect with a month old Comey story, what's the point? Whack a mole of Trump defending.

18. Trusty

Capodecina

Yeah, not much too wrong with those actually.

We could go through it i suppose..

The Comey story is from Wednesday, this is new information. It's not a month old.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/horowitz-russia-investigation-misconduct-declassification-process

Video says wednesday

19. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

But China isnt failing? Do you even have a point to make, other than apparantly having no idea what government bonds are or how they work?

20. doodah

Capodecina

Please do...
    • Art of the Deal with NK - how's that coming along?
    • How's the economy coming along for the average Joe? Protectionism creating no problems? Lets hope there isn't a situation where the richest 400 Americans pay a lower tax rate than everyone else...
    • How's downplaying Trump's pathological lying working out? All politicians do lie - please name any one in American politics that compares
    • We're going to look insane when it comes to the narrative about Trump being corrupt - I really look forward to your response on this
    • Turkey won't kill any Kurds you say....
    • And my favourite has to be comparing Obama adding $10tn to the debt vs Trump adding $6tn to the stock market
    Fair enough about the timing of the Comey story* but I don't think you will find any one defending him much in here. It just seems somewhat odd that's all you have to say when Trump is currently battling some of the most overt corruption in modern American history, and not a peep from you...how very strange.

Edit - *lol thanks Flibster, shouldn't have taken him at his word. Quite foolish of me.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019