1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. doodah

Capodecina

Now be fair @Evangelion - he did say 8 years ;):p, not that he would do it in 80 years. Judging from his private/business forays, he probably thinks defaulting is a viable option.

2. DisrupTor75

Mobster

UN investigates alleged use of white phosphorus in Syria

Very disturbing news if accurate.

3. StriderX

Capodecina

Oh that would just be great wouldn't it, dabbling in genocide wasn't enough.

4. Kyo

Mobster

@JRS LoL -must have missed that one, that is the most hilarious thing i have seen in weeks. Haha :D

This calls for this.....

5. doodah

Capodecina

You can add that to your ever growing list of ridiculous and false things/predictions.

6. Yas786

Caporegime

What I’d like to know and still waiting for an answer is how do our very own trump supporters see him as a patriot exactly??

What has he done to make people think he’s a patriot??

Because I can’t think of one single thing in all honesty.

7. Yas786

Caporegime

Well seems like Turkey are not at all happy about Trumps most recent letter to them, the one where he says don’t be a fool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/c...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

8. LOAM

Capodecina

9. Yas786

Caporegime

He has the best words doesn’t he??

10. Minusorange

Mobster

I mean he is technically correct, as prior to the Pilgrims Americans were English and England was occupied by Romans

You could equally argue though the US is trying to culturally appropriate our (English) culture and that US culture shouldn't exist until 1620 or if it does then it is the culture of the Native Indians

11. 4K8KW10

Soldato

The "democrats" in the U.S must be aware of the breached human rights of the Kurd population in Syria, Turkey, Iraq and Iran. The Kurds actively support their own independence, they can't live any longer as slaves/prisoners/victims to the aforementioned freak.
    This is a peaceful population and also I find it extremely strange why Russia doesn't see a potential ally in them.

The russians are extremely stupid, after all they turned their backs on all the fellow slavic nations in the Eastern Europe... Poland, Ukraine, all can't stand with them anymore.

How on Earth would they call the Kurds "terrorists" when they are just being occupied by much more aggressive nations?

12. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

This is over the memos he wrote and released to his friend. Even if it is sent to the DOJ a grand jury would then have in indict him before it got near a court. Could well end like McCabe that if reports are to be believed couldn't get an indictment from the grand jury which is almost unheard of. Its been reported on ages ago though and still nothing happening.

13. Nasher

Capodecina

Trump says Turkey, Syria and te Kurds have been fighting for 100s of years and there is a lot of sand to play with.

That made me lol a bit, he has a point though...

14. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Doesn't he only run away from responsibility with silly trolling?

15. Nasher

Capodecina

But he's not wrong on that.

Maybe being called out bluntly like that they will realise and change (probably not).

16. StriderX

Capodecina

They aren't being called out though, it's just Trump trying being an idiot.

17. Nasher

Capodecina

So they haven't been pointlessly fighting for 100s of years over sand then?

18. Trusty

Capodecina

Maybe we should listen to the president of South Korea.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...m-meeting-as-result-of-astounding-imagination

Yes

The original post of mine was talking about deficits with exports/imports to other countries, not the overall debt.

Yea, i don't believe Trump can cancel 20t of debt, it's pointless trying to suggest he can within 8 years, but what he's doing with China can potentially solve that. The USA used to be a creditor nation, it's not anymore, it's a debtor nation, China is the creditor nation. American consumers have been living off cheap debt & money for the past 40 years, the whole of the West has actually, whilst the Eastern world has been a saver nation. That needs to swap around, and it will do, but it'll take 25/50 years, that's why its essential to tackle the Chinese problem now, if Trump can do some good with it, let him, he won't get the credit though, well not from the general population anyway.

China is a pretty big one, he'll get no credit for it, but it'll have a long lasting impact on the America economy.

Fair enough, i saw video which said it was recent, i assumed it was new info.

19. Pottsey

Mobster

No its not undeniable. How can you say that after how badly Trumped messed up in NK. What little trust and dialogue we had before Trump was involved has now all been destroyed by Trump. It wasn’t the media that side-tracked Trump, what happened is Trump made a giant mess of the situation breaking down relations to an all time low. What Trump did wasn’t open dialogue he completely shut it down and lost all trust. All Trump has done is made the relations with NK worse.

20. Trusty

Capodecina

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...m-meeting-as-result-of-astounding-imagination

There is obviously a lot of bluster from NK, as you'd expect, they've been a hermit kingdom for so long, they are paranoid, and rightly so probably, look at Libya. But there is obviously some movement with the situation that hadn't happened, it might take 4 years, it might take 8. Thats a relatively short amount of time considering the change that will happen to that economy over the next 50 years.