1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Israel didn't say they were going to build a big, beautiful wall and make Wakanda pay for it, either.

Here's how to make a wall that is at least as effective as Trump's fabled wall and cheaper to construct and maintain: don't bother.

2. Jono8

Caporegime

If only all criminals thought of that.

"No need to call witnesses! What i did was perfectly fine!"

Also, we could tell how "perfect" the calls is, if they released the full and unedited transcript....

3. Bubo

Soldato

Typical universal Trump sentence structure, suitable for pretty much everything he says:

"... ... ... and you have ... ... ... . A lot of people ... ... ... . And ... ... ... hoax ... ... ... . But ... ... ... . Believe me/That I can tell you"

4. doodah

Capodecina

Original whistleblower offers to answer written questions and of course Jim Jordan turns it down. How inconvenient for them, more unravelling of their deficient arguments defending Trump.

Didn't someone else have no issue providing written answers - can't think who it might have been....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  5. wesimmo

Mobster

Sad little man, all the carnage going on around him, and he bites back at a Tweet that he's not even tagged in.

Is he really still monitoring that hashtag?

6. JRS

Capodecina

The WH staffer who has access to his Twitter account is certainly monitoring the hashtag...

7. Jono8

Caporegime

and Trump wants him to testify and answer questions in person....something Trump refused to do for Mueller.

Maybe the whistle-blower will answer questions in person, when Trump does the same thing. Fairs fair.

8. Jono8

Caporegime

How incredibly sad that is.

Why is the Whitehouse wasting time on childish/playground **** like this.

"ooooo maybe it was some special word with a deep meaning that only we know about. oooooo, but you can't know what it means"

9. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

Imagine having that as your job description. I work in the WH as @realdonaldtrump # tag monitor

10. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

And the 2nd Circuit will not block the NY subpoena asking for his tax returns saying he is unlikely to win any argument that he is immune from investigation. He's going to have to appeal higher but it doesn't look good for him.

11. Hedge

Capodecina

It will end up at the Supreme Court and we still won't see tax returns.

12. doodah

Capodecina

That or if there is any capacity to do so, delay the SC hearing until after early next November.

You might say the SC will vote around 5-4 in favour of Trump...

13. Jono8

Caporegime

I doubt it.

He has zero legal leg top stand on. This isn't even to do with his conduct as President or his presidential work.

The Supreme Court might not even decide to hear the case.

14. timmeh

Mobster

Stupid question but what will he do with all of these investigations that he's palming off as "you can't impeach me, I'm President" once he's no longer president? Surely it'll be open season on him then? Same with all this corrupt **** that he's hiding away on top-secret servers? Surely they won't be deleting official records like that and the next person in office will have access to it all.

Have they simply not thought this far ahead?

15. wesimmo

Mobster

Haha thinking and the Trump administration don't go hand in hand.

It's all short term grasping scheming.

16. kinetic747

Wise Guy

If he had any sense (he hasn't) he'd get himself declared mentally unfit for office and resign. It's the only way he's going to avoid prosecution of some kind in the future.

17. Colonel_Klinck

Wise Guy

One problem is that there are statute of limitations on a lot of offences. As he can't be indicted in office and at present the DOJ says he there can't even be a stop placed on the statute of limitations he can see out both terms and be free of any liability when he is no longer president. Of course if he commits crimes in his second term he could well be in trouble out of office.

This whole a president can't be indicted is something I think they are going to need to look at after Trump. No one thought someone quite so brazen would become POTUS.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  18. Werewolf

Commissario

He's probably hoping that at least for some of them the statute of limitations will kick in.

19. Yas786

Caporegime

That’s why he needs, no desperately need a second term. Because he knows if he is voted out come next year, I really hope the Americans come to their senses and vote him out next year, but if he is voted out then he is well and truly screwed as it will be open season for the authorities to come after him.

20. timmeh

Mobster

Ok yeah so no plan other than to sit it out as long as possible then. Standard :D