1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Jono8

Caporegime

This really made me laugh

[​IMG]

Sums up that portion of Sondland's testimony perfectly :p

2. Minstadave

Capodecina

It's only going to get more entertaining as things progress.

3. Jono8

Caporegime

Indeed. I think the House should keep the impeachment investigation going for as long as possible. Turn the screw until he completely loses it.

He is guilty, he knows he is guilty, the republicans know he is guilty. All they have is lies and conspiracies.

Also, they really need to get Perry, Mulvaney, Bolton and Parnas to testify. If the Republicans want the facts and want even more first hand witnesses, then those people must take the stand, under oath.

4. BowdonUK

Mobster

You gotta laugh at these people who turn up to protests and haven't a clue why they are there lol

5. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

"from day one he was an evil **************" sounds about a good enough reason to protest him...

"his entire person"

"crowd size lies"

"perfect phone call lies"

6. chroniclard

Capodecina

Problem is nothing short of actually murdering someone or being a *paedo will change people's minds about trump. His polling is pretty similar regardless of what he does. Even with the bombshells in the inquiry the polls havent shifted much.

*though given the state of christians in the US you wouldn't put it past them to ignore that as well.

7. VincentHanna

Capodecina

What is the point of posting this? I could interview 100 Trump supporters, edit out the competent ones and leave in all the stupid ones.

It tells us nothing.

8. Jono8

Caporegime

I dont see how the Supreme Court can possibly think about taking up the tax return case.

Trump is under an impeachment enquiry, related to bribery and extortion. Major players in that (Parnas etc) have just been indicted for campaign finance violations. He has just been found to have committed fraud related to his charity foundation. Trump's own lawyer and former campaign manager are in prison for financial crimes...

If there was ever any moment in US history that requires House oversight to look at his tax returns, it is right now.

To argue otherwise is insane.

9. Azza

Caporegime

Look who's back.

10. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Just looking to get rich selling a book now isn't he?

11. C.R.A.Z.Y

Mobster

trumps adderall fuelled rant on fox 'news' this morning :eek:

12. Flibster

Caporegime

He'd get more Catholic votes if it turns out he partook at an Epstein party... ;)

13. Evangelion

Capodecina

Just gonna leave this here...

[​IMG]

And what a book that will be...

14. Jono8

Caporegime

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...ilitary-aid-quid-pro-quo-tv-2019-11?r=US&IR=T

In a Friday interview on "Fox & Friends," President Donald Trump openly admitted to holding up military aid to Ukraine to pressure the government to investigate a baseless conspiracy theory about Ukrainian election interference and Democratic collusion.

Then, critically, the president added, "We're looking for corruption, there's tremendous corruption, and why should we be giving hundreds of millions of dollars to countries where there's this kind of corruption?"

Trump essentially just admitted that he did it...on live TV...

*facepalm*

15. doodah

Capodecina

So Pompeo, Mulvaney and Pence are going to get away with resisting a subpoena? Didn't someone get 18 months for doing the same in the 90s (though she wasn't a politician)?

@Jono8 he's doing his 'admit in public' to control the narrative and make it seem less of a crime. Or he's that stupid. Genuinely hard to tell which :p

16. Yas786

Caporegime

Yep and his base will lap it up and say see he’s honest but he didn’t commit a crime.
    He’s done it on Fox so that he can control his cult and what they think.

17. steve5424

Hitman

That's pretty embarrassing. He is a rambling mess, the hosts look like they are being held hostage.

I noticed watching that Trump now claims to hardly know Sondland, lmao.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  18. doodah

Capodecina

There was a time where Lyndsey Graham was thought of as a 'nice' Republican, invited on talk shows like Stephen Colbert, best buddies with John McCain who I whilst I disagree with his politics almost entirely - he was a gentleman, showed civility and was on the right side of at least America's torture policy. Graham is quite media friendly and has that nice Southern charm to him, he even had compassion at one time....

I wonder if his family recognise the sycophant he's become, McCain certainly wouldn't.

19. mid_gen

Sgarrista

At this point it seems obvious to me that Trump supporters aren't really pro Trump at all (because he's so objectively an utterly despicable human being)...they are simply anti-everyone else.

Ditto Brexit tbh. People were given an opportunity to say "this political system is a pile of **** and I am done with it", and they voted for Trump, and they voted for Brexit, to make that view heard.

20. plasmahal

Wise Guy

It tells up that 98 of them are the competent ones.... :D:p:D