1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. doodah

Capodecina

Powerful words from Johnson. If only we had a deal in place that was doing that exact thing. It's sickening how desperate he is for a FTA.

2. Kyo

Mobster

So is Trump now suggesting none of the imminent attack, Clear cut evidence reasoning doesnt matter and perhaps not true. No way! You mean you were making it up and lying like you are currently with they were going to blow the US Embassy and then it was 4 Embassies which you cant even name. So your admitting you broke the federal law by not following War Powers Resolution.

Also he spelt "Eminent" first time around.

Absolute zero credibility. Forget Peter its Donnie who cries Wolf!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:43 AM
  3. Murphy

Mobster

I've done some horrible things in the past, there was that time i told a work colleague that he needed to buy some deodorant and then there was the time that i didn't give up my seat on the bus....I best keep my eyes skywards from now on in case America decide to take me out.

4. FTM

Soldato

it reminds me of the simpsons eposide where homer gets made head of sanitation then blows the entire budget on stupid promises and window dressing that dont improve the service

5. Kyo

Mobster

Poor Rudy, he only wants to help defend his friend and boss Donald. Unfortunately when he presented the idea to help in the Senate trial, the WH didnt take him up on his kind offer. Why? He would be a great addition to the legal team with direct knowledge and intimacy with the whole affair?

Rudy Giuliani Desperately Wants To Join Trump's Impeachment Defense Team

Source

6. doodah

Capodecina

Alan is on a mission to improve his alt-credibility...

7. Evangelion

Capodecina

Another conjunction of Trump, Russia, and hackers: 'Russians Hacked Ukrainian Gas Company at Center of Impeachment.'

This suggests that Putin has a vested interest in killing Biden's run for the presidency, which makes a lot of sense on multiple levels.

8. Yas786

Caporegime

And this is why he should not be the Dems candidate for the Presidency. Not because he is guilty of doing any wrong despite the insane bleatings of Trump and his equally stupid supporters.
    This is going to be another Hillary 2.0 if the Dems put their backing behind Biden.

9. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

i know losing isn't great, but let it not be forgotten that Hillary got more votes than Obama did for his previous election, it just wasn't all bunched in the correct places.

You also often will find that after 2 terms of dems, it just will jump republican.

that's no longer the case now we've had 4 terrible years to see what trump really is like.

you also had trump as the unknown, doing really stupid things that any experienced person would assume means that he will not get votes, yet he still did as people under estimated how much the public cared. that's been shown now and wont be underestimated.

10. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Johnson's comments regarding the Iran nuclear deal are disappointing. If Trump gets his way, it'll be interesting to see the difference between any proposed new plan and the current one.

11. doodah

Capodecina

There's a 99% chance it will be worse. Look how long it took with relatively level headed people to negotiate. And it's starting on even more shaky ground (Trump reneging the deal because of his insecurity, killing Solemani) - plus why would Iran ever trust America again regardless of who is president. I believe ballistic missile testing was left out and the Trump administration look like they want this as part of the deal which I would imagine Iran would label as a deal breaker.

Compliance, their usual ME interference/proxy wars and missile testing but no nuke vs restarting building a bomb and likely more aggression in their interference/proxy wars/missile testing. Nice one Trump.

In other, much less important news, the right wing media are trying to claim leftist outrage (including the Democrats been more outraged at this than Solemani's killing) as Trump and Melania making friends with Vince Vaughn. Problem is - it seems like barely any one cared in the first place.

12. Kyo

Mobster

So he endorsing someone petty enough to break their country's word agreement for no better reason than jealousy and basically bully his way into submission and potential conflict. Not exactly morally strong or just stance.

It will just encourage Trump and future Trumps to carry on and get away with this in the future.

13. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Ex
    Exactly, politics is pretty depressing at the moment.

14. Yas786

Caporegime

Yeh I get what you are saying, in reality Hillary won far more votes than Trump did but lost out due to the stupid electoral college vote. Which in all honesty is just a plain stupid thing to have.
    But the point I was trying to make is that Hillary was already tarnished due to that “email” case, which we all know didn’t amount to **** all.
    Now pretty much the same thing is happening to Biden and that’s why I don’t think he should be the candidate, and also I don’t think he’s what America needs if they want to fix themselves after 4 yrs of Trump stupidity.

As for the new Iran deal?? Lol like as if Iran would ever negotiate with Trump or anyone after him. Definitely not with Trump and I hope they don’t, they need to show the world that America is no longer and can no longer be trusted. Saying that they need to curb their nuclear program down, everything was going swimmingly when the original plan was in place. But nope because Obama lives rent free in Trumps head, he had to go and ruin it.

15. Kyo

Mobster

Pelosi expected to send the articles of impeachment to the senate tomorrow. Wonder what arrangements or agreements they have in place between the parties.

16. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

odd move. will be interesting to see what happens next. maybe she's hoping that it'll start looking really bad for trump the republican party might put up contenders to remove trump while they still can

17. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Good grief! Parnas' WhatsApp messages :eek:

It looks a lot like Guiliani's Ukraine heavies were tracking the US ambassador to the Ukraine, with a view to assassinating her!

18. viathinair

Wise Guy

Meh. If they did get her, we wouldn't have heard about the plot probably, and now it will most likely be swept under the rug, so...meh.

19. timmeh

Mobster

I don’t know about assassinating but it certainly sounds like they were out to harm her. I guess that’s why she was rushed out of Ukraine like she was. It also explains this part of her testimony:

I’m interested to see how the GOP spin this, especially since one of their congressional candidates was involved.

20. viathinair

Wise Guy

^ They don't have to put much effort to spin it - it'll be quickly forgotten anyway, no worries for them. Big load of nothing (don't mean that in the Trump-supporter way :p as I've heard them use that for any investigations and such).