1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Murphy

Mobster

It's almost like a country flooded with guns results in people getting shot, but that can't be right as guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Also in what world is the mafia considered to be radical left.

2. Freakbro

Capodecina

Presumably one Timothy Leary would approve of

3. Murphy

Mobster

*Goes to look up who that is*....

LOL. :D

4. Jono8

Caporegime

How embarrassing.

It is amazing just how partisan the USA has made the pandemic response.

A deadly and contagious virus doesn't care about politics. The only thing being followed should be science, not the machinations of lunacy that fart their way out of Trump's mouth.

5. JRS

Capodecina

A valiant effort, but I fear a wasted one.

6. md85

Gangster

:D No doubt.

I couldn't even care that much for the politics or opinion, but the blatant lying and absence of morality and honesty with his/their argument is tiring. I just can't comprehend the wilful ignorance; bending the truth, or worse in this case, completely making it up, to fit your preferred world view is abhorrent. The article very clearly does not contain anything like the point he posed, does he think no-one will read it and just take him at face value?

Sometimes you won't like the truth, that's how it goes, but you don't just make up a new one.

7. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

Indeed. To still support Trump you have to literally be in denial of reality and the body of evidence that has emerged over the last few years. It is simply not possible to square the circle of the objective facts of what he says and does and concluding that he is a good president who is doing a good job. It's the Brexit Brain Reset again, where personal opinion cannot be overturned by facts and logic as the true believer will still return and make the same debunked points no matter how many times they are shown to be objectively wrong.

8. Yas786

Caporegime

It’s jsmoke, so it’s not surprising he posts nonsense and gets called out on it. What makes it worse is that he isn’t self aware enough to actually read the article he is posting and trying to make a point, which failed miserably.
    I guess he’s seen the headline on the article and thought oh wow now I got those trump haters lol.

9. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

10. D.P.

Caporegime

its funny because he completely ignored all expert advice who said premature relaxation or insufficient control measures would have a higher impact in the long term, instead he thought that pretending there was no risk, it is all over and trying to open up the economy early has all back fired.

Countries with strong leaders stood up to the challenge and received massive support and popularity. Countries tend to flock to their leader in times of disaster. Johnson and Trump have failed so badly that they lost support.

Same with BLM. he could have largely ignored this, given some scripted speeches about police reform he would never intend to proceed with and things would have slowly petered out. Instead all he has done is stoked the fire.

11. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Trump skewering Biden for accidentally saying 120million deaths (he corrected himself immediately).

This is actually a fantastic tweet by Trump, because the unspoken punchline is "haha: only 120,000 Americans are dead on my watch, idiot!"

And that's a very strange thing for Trump to highlight. I don't think he thought this one through

12. Yas786

Caporegime

Does he ever think about anything he tweets??

Such an astonishing lack of self awareness, must be his perma tanned brain being constantly fried by those sunbeds he’s so fond of.

13. JeditOjanen

Soldato

But not the others. So we can safely say that while Trump isn't absent, he's not all there.

14. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

More info. White House says Trump and Pence never briefed. Yeah and I've got a couple of bridges to sell you

15. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

Says it all

16. Dis86

Capodecina

Just been reading the article in the guardian. Holy crap. I don't get how it's anything other than a declaration of war and how the hell did Trump not know?!

17. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Amazing that the best they can come up with after sitting on the issue for 24 hours is "we didn't tell the president"

18. ChrisLX200

Wise Guy

19. StriderX

Caporegime

Well at least we now know for sure that the US president hates the military.

20. plasmahal

Mobster

Facepalm.jpg

Based on this comment, there is no far-right or white supremacists.

There are radicals on both sides!!!!!!!!!