1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

You do know Micheal Cohen is in jail right? In part for the payments to Stormy Daniels and the Playboy model to keep them both quiet about his affairs with them. Trump instructed him to make those payments. He is “individual one” in the indictment.

2. plasmahal

Mobster

If Biden wins, which i think he will, he'll be replaced within a year or 2 at the most.

So who Biden picks as VP is going to be interesting. Kamala Harris is my bet. please not Warren.

3. Jono8

Caporegime

Its astonishing that this is just forgotten about. Trump would have almost certainly been indicted in this case if he was not president.

4. Jono8

Caporegime

Saw this comment on Twitter which summed it up (and made me laugh)

"TRUMP 2020: DESPERATELY RACIST"

There isn't really any question anymore.

5. plasmahal

Mobster

Paying hush money is nothing new for famous/wealthy/politicians etc.

The only thing they can do is to try and prove that particular payment helped sway the 2016 election, good luck with that.

6. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

yep he would have been a co-defendant with Cohen.
    Then we have the cases in SDNY and the New York States Attorney case in the SCOTUS at the moment.

7. plasmahal

Mobster

For what?

Hush money payments are very common place. The most dodgy aspect of this particular one is that some people think it may have swayed/influenced the 2016 election.

8. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

what are you talking about? Cohen was convicted/plead guilty. As Trump instructed him to make the payments it’s pretty much a given he’d be convicted of it went to trial. You don’t plead guilty to something you didn’t do. Not at this level anyway.

9. sigma

Capodecina

I’m no expert on the matter but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s not actually racist but is a) ignorant and b) very aware of the thoughts of groups of his voters. Therefore he has no choice but to share things that will resonate with his supporters.

10. StriderX

Caporegime

I imagine Stephen Miller is whispering exaggerations into Trump's ear about how there's a silent majority of white nationalists he needs to embolden, I only ever believed that Trump was ignorantly racist, as per his delinquency and his upbringing. His psychological state is such that someone only needs to constantly congratulate him to be in his favour, thus anyone who isn't just a raving sycophant can easily get their ideologies through and popularised by him with a base that is enamored by his demagoguery.

A legitimate demagogue would have accomplished everything that they had promised. Trump has quite literally done nothing that any other republican wouldn't have done, the policies of the last three and half years is decidedly plutocratic. Where's all the help for working Americans gone? The US is still living in a neo-liberal nightmare and Trump is peak neo-liberal.

I'd have some respect for people if they were actually following someone genuine, all I really feel is pity.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  11. Zuma

Wise Guy

yeah the cognitive dissonance required to deal with that is pretty intense.
    Not to mention Trumps recent plea to the supreme court that he has absolute immunity from all supoenas from congress and all courts or law. Why would he need that?

12. sigma

Capodecina

I’m also not sure why people can’t see that instead of draining the swamp he and his family simply jumped right into it and took a bath.

The response will be: ‘yeah, but there all corrupt anyway’.

13. The Geezer

Mobster

You really need to brush up on the facts but as a CT pusher I guess facts don’t come into play.

Given everything is public domain, I’ll give you a clue “violation of campaign funds”

14. Mr Jack

Capodecina

What makes you think this? No, Biden will run a full term unless he suffers a major health issue - which is possible but not probable at his age. Whether he'll run again is a more interesting question. Becoming POTUS at 78 is already old, starting a second term at 82 is surely a stretch.

15. Sankari

Caporegime

If I had to summarise the Trump administration in a single image, this would be it:

[​IMG]

16. Dis86

Capodecina

300m of them and it's ******* Trump vs Biden. Jesus.

17. Apex

Capodecina

"if hillary wins, she will be replaced/dead within a year or 2 at most. her health is terrible. she's secretly dying."

It's as though we're back in 2016

18. Yas786

Caporegime

Lol facts aren’t even considered when it comes to the insanity of the ***an acronym I know that I shouldn't be posting*** ;).

19. Yas786

Caporegime

:D

No doubt Trump will try that tactic again with Biden in the run up to the election.

20. JRS

Capodecina

I don't know why* Tapper didn't push that one harder when he instead said "well we just played it for you, but I'll move on". Screw that. Channel the ghost of back-in-the-day Paxman, keep asking the question until their stonewalling becomes a complete embarrassment.

* - well, I do. The network wouldn't have allowed him to do it. But it'd be amusing if, just once, one of these anchors actually went feral. Hey ho.