1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Apex

Capodecina

And you believe who when told otherwise?

Any proof to back up that claim you just made up in your head?

2. DisrupTor75

Mobster

If you base it solely on Policy and possitive to negative effect on the individual voter then yes the demoracts are the "good guys"

Well, as good as anyone can be in that political cesspool but of the two parties they are the more acceptable. At least IMO that is.

3. Jono8

Caporegime

I'm not sure the mayoral party can be considered the overarching reason for crime in a city..?

if we go down other spurious connections, i could say that 4 of the top 5 most violent cities per 10,000 residents have republican governors in charge of their states...

4. ANDREW GREEN

Hitman

There's more crime in cities than the small towns where Republicans govern. There seems to be a confusion about the causality

5. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

Explain Trump, Bush x2, Reagan, Ford, Nixon. Or the GOP controlling the House and Senate when it has.

Or is it that the GOP has been trusted to run them at points or parts of them and have managed to **** it up and got kicked out again.

Not having a POTUS that tweets out "white power" videos might do something to get the black and hispanic vote on board as well. Being blatantly racist might work well for MAGA rednecks but not so much for people of colour.

6. JRS

Capodecina

Citation required please. It's not that I don't believe you when you say that the WaPo said that, but...

(NARRATOR: he does, in fact, not believe a single thing Grim5 posts until it's been fact-checked in minute detail)

7. Yas786

Caporegime

How many times have we heard this in the past?? If the Ukraine pro quid pro saga didn’t end him then highly unlikely this will either. Due to him and his administration feigning ignorance etc.
    Only way he can be ended is by voting him out in Nov and although polls are saying Biden is destroying him, I’m not putting much faith in those same polls that had Hillary wiping him clean.

8. Murphy

Mobster

They are now but, and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm guessing they didn't start out as one.

9. plasmahal

Mobster

Still begs the question why most violent and poor cities are run by democrats.

10. Yas786

Caporegime

Well to be fair I’m highly doubtful that the ***an acronym I know that I shouldn't be posting*** even understand the concept of causality...so of course they will parrot their nonsense.

11. doodah

Capodecina

There are credible allegations Trump did nothing when presented with that intelligence, he stood in front of West Point graduated likely knowing there were bounties on their deployed colleagues. COVID cases have reached record highs and what does Trump do? Play golf and post white power videos.

He says he didn't hear the man shout "white power", he didn't see the Russian intelligence, he didn't know about Juneteenth, he said he didn't know Matt Whitaker two days after appointing him acting AG, he said he "didn't know Manafort well" and only ran his campaign for long (it was 5 months), he said he didn't know anything about David Duke despite commenting on him several times before, he's allegedly said it wasn't him on the Access Hollywood tape privately and he says he has one of the best memories on the planet.

But as plasmahal says, Biden is just as bad so lets defend Trump.

12. Jokester

Don

Probably not, but that was their genius, subvert the slogan and have tons of ignorant people giving them free advertising.

They've begun to wake up to it in the states now, some protest organisers were asking not to use the Black Lives Matter slogan.

13. plasmahal

Mobster

But when Biden calls black non-democrat voters 'not black' and basically branding them uncle tom's is OK???

You keep blowing the dog-whistle of double standards.

14. doodah

Capodecina

Remind me of a single time Trump has acknowledged a mistake and apologised including his many racist comments.....

15. plasmahal

Mobster

Not what i said at all.

So lies aside, I said they are both bad (in different ways) so both are bad choices. Cannot defend or support either.

16. Murphy

Mobster

Yea it's the subverting that i don't like, the website, manifesto, and all that is counterproductive IMO as it's turned what probably started as simply a movement into an organisation with a political agenda. IDK a great deal about extinction rebellion but it's a bit like that, everyone can get on-board with saving the planet but as soon as they get into telling people how that should be done, other things they stand for, demands and all that stuff they lose support as while people may support the main principal all the other stuff causes people to turn their noses up and i don't blame them as some of the stuff on the BLM website sounds like it's been written by a hippy commune.

17. Apex

Capodecina

how does one respond to this? years of blindly defending trump at every turn, and now (funnily enough at the same time as trump is clearly looking like a loser) plasmhala starts to pretend he's not a trump supporter. Seems timed so that come november and trump suffers an embrassing defeat, he can hide behind his "i don't actually support trump" lies. you know trump is done for when the likes of plasmahal are dumping trump.

no it really doesn't as the answer has been given to you. democrats don't pick the cities they run, the voters do.

poorer cities voters prefer democrats as they feel they will be helped more than by the republicans. poorer cities also have higher crime rates.

it's really really simple. have you considered why you're struggling to understand this?

18. Murphy

Mobster

Maybe it could be something to do with poor cites voting for people who will do the most for them.
    Sure, but when the insensitivity of his comment was brought to his attention he apologised for it, an admirable quality IMO. Can the same be said for Trump or even a typical Trump supporter?
    True but then again Hitler and your typical murderer are both as bad, saying they're both as bad is a false equivalence as one is demonstrable worse than the other.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  19. Bubo

Soldato

Everyone seen Sacha Baron Cohen's latest troll of a white supremacists rally? Must be working on a new series of Who Is America. Interesting to see how he goads them along to get the best footage, they just can't help themselves.

20. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

He apologised for that comment immediately. When has Trump ever apologised for anything? That's right, once, for the Access Hollywood tape which he later walked back saying it wasn't him.

You really have changed your tune haven't you. Go back a few months and you were a staunch Trump supporter, now he's made a mess of every crisis that has come his way in 2020 and is staring defeat in the face "he's a bad choice". You must think we all have short memories from the GD Trump thread. Although at least you still show your face unlike @deuse and @tang0.