1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Bubo

Soldato

I think he must be referring to the 2019 part. The reporting I have seen says that John Bolton verbally briefed Trump last year about this. Bolton cannot now confirm this since the info would have been classified, don't if that is what makes it "fake news", or whether it has been disclaimed elsewhere. But the fact remains, Trump has done nothing, except have the White House try to get the GOP get their story straight in private briefings yesterday.

2. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Why not comment on the bounty revelations now you're here?

3. Pottsey

Mobster

I thought that was what he was commenting on. He called it fake news which I don't understand unless I missed some evidence.

4. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Oh yes silly me, I forgot that anything negative is fake news.

5. ChrisLX200

Wise Guy

Nobody with a balanced world view could look at Trump's odious personality, his appauling record in office and say 'Yes, I want 4 more years of this!' The only reason I can think is that his supporters actually want a total breakdown in law and order in the USA - that, or they're simply blind to what is happening.

6. doodah

Capodecina

To makes matters worse, the WH are now briefing on the intelligence but supposedly only inviting GOP members. Definitely not all trying to get their stories straight...

7. kinetic747

Wise Guy

I think it started out as a protest vote but no-one could have envisaged this level of ineptitude. His supporters are in that deep, or are that wilfully ignorant, that it's impossible for them to hold their hands up and say they made a mistake.

8. VincentHanna

Capodecina

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/trump-phone-calls-national-security-concerns/index.html

9. kinetic747

Wise Guy

10. Six6siX

Mobster

I think it's a bit of both. A lot of people get entrenched in their views - especially when bombarded with so much evidence that they are wrong. And there's a general unwillingness to admit they were wrong, thinking it shows weakness somehow. I have at least a bit of respect for those who can admit they got duped into it and are able to change their mind. Same with Brexit tbh.

But you also get the unwavering few who genuinely believe he has done a "good job" - though, a good job to them is probably nothing more than "sticking it to the liberuls!!!" rather than doing anything positive for the country as a whole.

11. Jono8

Caporegime

12. JeditOjanen

Soldato

Because the Boomers cannot and will not let go of the reins. They were given everything and are obsessed with keeping it no matter the cost to themselves or to their children and grandchildren, and that includes political power. They really are the worst generation.

13. plasmahal

Mobster

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best you go back through the thread as i gave an answer.....

14. doodah

Capodecina

No you didn't. I thought you're British so surely you can't vote anyway like most of us in this thread.
    So if you had to choose, who would your preference be and why? You seem to not want to answer....

15. Apex

Capodecina

don't forget i also asked and was ignored too. Plasmahal, seeing as you've already answered this, why not show us the answer :)

16. BowdonUK

Mobster

I seen the Trump latest campaign advert.

As I said before, Trump set a trap for the Democrats and they walked right in to it appearing to endorse the rioting lunatics.

17. cheesyboy

Capodecina

I felt quite inspired by the video, to be honest. No joke.

Maybe it just plays well to conservative types.

18. Jono8

Caporegime

Yeh its rather embarrassing all that played out under his watch as he continues to divide the country....

One would have thought that a president who lost the popular vote and has averaged ~40% approval for nearly four years might have tried to build some bridges and unite all Americans..

19. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

He’s made an advert that will appeal to both sets of supporters to vote for their own choice... Good job. Haha!

Not to mention this is all happening under his watch and he’s doing absolutely nothing about it but make it worse.

20. BowdonUK

Mobster

The people that will swing a vote are the people on the centre.

The Democrats should be moving to the centre ground by coming up with real alternative solutions to the situation. But so far there hasn't been anything. It's all just Trump reactionary stuff.