1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trump presidency

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by datalol-jack, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Jono8

Caporegime

As has been pointed ouy to you repeatedly, absolutely NOTHING suggests that Trump supporters are in the majority. He lost the popular vote in 2016. The dems won the House by 8 points in 2018 and his approval has averaged 40% for his entire term.

Every bit of tangible evidence displays that Trump only has a minority of support from tye American people.

2. Sankari

Caporegime

Bloody hell. He is desperate to cheat his way back into the White House.

3. Yas786

Caporegime

Someone needs to ask Sen Susan Collins if she thinks Trump has learned his lesson.....

Oh and as Adam Schiff said last time round “he will do it again and you know it”.

And here we are again less than a year since the Ukraine saga, Trump yet again trying to get help to win the election this Nov.

4. timmeh

Mobster

I went out into the countryside yesterday and I’ve never seen so many trump flag in one place. One of the flags read “Trump 2020. no more ********” but it had blown around the flag pole a few times and the word ‘no’ was no longer visible so it just read “Trump 2020. more ********”. :D

There was even an RV with a full Trump Pence wrap, it looked like an official Trump campaign bus.

it was a really poor area too, I just can’t understand how these people can support him. He’s done absolutely nothing to improve their lives

5. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

How will it be their un-doing. Explain to us what you mean by that statement.

6. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

So while Trump is saying mail in voting isn't safe, Eric is emailing those on GOP mailing lists telling them to get their absentee voting in early :rolleyes: We then find out The Postmaster General has banned overtime in the US Postal Service. Yeah they aren't planning anything are they :rolleyes: The US is just a few small steps away from becoming banana republic.

7. kinetic747

Wise Guy

I would say it's even closer than that. Everything they do is blatant and yet the Dems seem powerless to stop it.

8. Sankari

Caporegime

That's because the Dems control Congress, but Republicans hold the Senate. McConnell can delay bills sent from Congress to Senate for as long as he likes, so that's exactly what he's doing. It's yet anther failure of the pathetic American political system.

''Grim Reaper' Mitch McConnell Admits There Are 395 House Bills Sitting in the Senate: 'We're Not Going to Pass Those'.'

9. Rilot

Don

I dunno. Trump is only 6 point behind where Obama was at this point in his presidency. It won't take much to push him over the line again. One piece of bad publicity for Biden or his VP could be enough.

10. plasmahal

Mobster

What i mean is they should not sit on their laurels and do nothing. They should be forceful in making all efforts to show they have a better candidate to those who are undecided.

Sitting back and letting Trump do his thing is no guarantee to winning the presidency.

11. Rilot

Don

It really is a totally stupid system isn't it? It's designed to promote compromise but all it does is cause a massive blockage for legislation unless one party controls both houses.

12. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

The only hope is that the Dems win the WH and Senate and pass a new voting rights act that puts every citizen automatically on the electoral register for Federal elections. Its difficult because the States actually control the elections but I'm sure something can be done. They need legislation to reverse the SOCTUS decision that stopped States from carrying out massive voter suppression and disenfranchisement.

13. kinetic747

Wise Guy

It's tragic that one piece of bad publicity would override all Trump's wrongdoing.

14. Colonel_Klinck

Mobster

But why rush to do anything right now? Trump is imploding, he goes from gaff to gaff. The death toll keeps rising, the economy is a disaster. Its not like there are 4 people in the race and Biden needs to beat 2 others and Trump. its a binary choice, Trump or Biden and Biden just needs people who voted for Trump in 2016 to either vote for him or stay home. At the moment that is looking likely. Of course if that looks like changing it can go on the offensive but we are still 90 odd days out. Lots of time to push his message. Why risk giving Trump any ammo now when he is struggling so badly?

15. Sankari

Caporegime

It's a system that was originally designed to benefit white male land owners, and despite the passage of centuries it has not evolved much beyond that highly specific purpose.

16. Rilot

Don

As Napolion said: "When the enemy is making a false movement we must take good care not to interrupt him.”

17. StriderX

Caporegime

Napoleon also didn't listen to his own advice to be fair, though it was hubris and underestimating how much the enemy didn't care about burning down it's own house to spite the invader that ended his triumphalism. That is assuming that this account of history is accurate, which is never absolute as it may well have been coincidental.

I suppose it's strangely familiar. The GOP have been trying to destroy the only thing that protects Americans from a brutal corporate exploitation for decades, however they also know that if they succeed in doing so that their base in net recipient states will lose out far more than their arch rival liberal states who provide all the revenue. There's not a single bone in any of their bodies nowadays, it's just a big hypocritical blob of empty rhetoric and false promises. Anyone supporting them is just embarrassing themselves at this point, if there's one thing that the GOP dislikes more than liberals it's their own supporters, who they loathe and attack on a daily basis without them even realising it.

The only positions that the GOP stands for is oligarchy and themselves, everything else is just noise for elections, they couldn't give a single **** about abortion or drugs, as they partake in both often enough. Probably the only valid if sad reason to vote for them is that of pure partisanship, a childish and self-destructive act purely done out of spite as it usually hurts themselves more than it hurts their opponents. I have nothing but pity for them.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  18. Sankari

Caporegime

^^ This.

Biden is not president, the pressure isn't on him. But he has been extremely busy demonstrating why he's the better pick.

His policy platform is detailed and specific. He's explained how he'd address the pandemic. He's explained how he'd tackle other issues that Trump is failing to handle properly. He's engaging with voters and the private sector.

It's nonsense to claim that the Democrats are doing nothing.

19. Apex

Capodecina

Says the man who wants biden to fail. They should do the opposite in fact. Trump is punching himself in the face. Why join in?

20. Pottsey

Mobster

Did you not see my post before this one? There is no 100% guarantee but what do you think about my other post and Trump sitting on his laurels not bothering to do anything about the growing schism within the Republican party which is tearing itself apart and attacking's each other more effectively then anything the Democrat have managed to do? How do we expect Trump to win when he has lost a large group of his own party who voted for him last time and this time want him out and wont vote for him. If its not already to late Trump has a major problem with not much time to fix it. Are you going to answer my other post before this one? Are you aware of the large schism within the Republican party and the amount of Republican money being spent by Republicans to get rid of Trump? Worse yet those Republicans have said they would rather have Biden in power then another cycle of Trump.