*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Man of Honour
It is different though? No magic ammo/healing aura, definite animations for healing, reviving etc and if you dive and go prone then there's a pause before you can move/fire. Definitely different to any previous Battlefield games. I'm interested.

I think those in our clan meant different as in something other than WW2, many of them feeling that BF1 plays almost like WW2 anyway. Quite a few were hoping for modern warfare, some were hoping for future, some were hoping for Vietnam. The others are fine with WW2 and looking forward to BF5, but its pretty much split down the middle within the clan.

Associate
Looking at all the release concept art, and the trailer, it looks to me that squads are 4 man now not 5.
Indeed... it does seem that the SL is more powerful. With the added incentives for squad play this may be a positive though. Smaller more dynamic and specialized squads to work together as a team. Will prevent them being too powerful if the squad spawn and revive is as described too... limiting squad spawn bombs and revive trains.

Caporegime
Indeed... it does seem that the SL is more powerful. With the added incentives for squad play this may be a positive though. Smaller more dynamic and specialized squads to work together as a team. Will prevent them being too powerful if the squad spawn and revive is as described too... limiting squad spawn bombs and revive trains.

The thing is though, doesn't this somewhat add to the fun of battlefield?

Associate
The thing is though, doesn't this somewhat add to the fun of battlefield?
My thinking is that it will shift the focus to be a bit more tactical but not MILSIM tactical. No more frantic rez everything LOLZ, or spawn on last man who managed to sneak past and hide in a bush GETREKT, or just rush in like Galahad because it doesn't matter... more risk/reward on any action, slower play but more to achieve tactically by thinking about a flank in force, encouraged team play because you wont survive alone in a charge. For me the fun was in working together to problem solve... not exploiting aspects of the game.

Again this is all speculation and wishful thinking... await gameplay trailers and breakdowns :p

Caporegime
See I quite liked being able to do a medic train, even when fighting against a medic train, just meant more kills and lols watching medics running around ressing only to kill them all again :D

Likewise with the spawn bombs, this is great when getting close to all flags capped and then having someone get to a flag and have the squad spawn in and proceed to work from the back etc.

Associate
How frustrating is it though when you eliminate 3 people, only to be killed by the 4th and then they rez the original 3 again almost instantly?

Squad spawns are still in so working from the back can still happen... its just harder to pull off with less people but more rewarding when it does happen.

Caporegime
How frustrating is it though when you eliminate 3 people, only to be killed by the 4th and then they rez the original 3 again almost instantly?

Squad spawns are still in so working from the back can still happen... its just harder to pull off with less people but more rewarding when it does happen.

Yup it is annoying but it is things like that which make battlefield well, battlefield! :D

Back
Top Bottom