***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Got the Dual coil RBA for the SMOK TFV4, so just made some twisted 26awg wire and wrapped two spaced coils, came out to 0.105ohms, give a quick fire to check for even glow and no hot spots.
Got the DNA200 set to 80w pre heat and 6.5 punch and 70w normal... not even hitting the temp limit and its darn warm vape with the air flow base fully open, i have a Delrin drip tip and even it gets warm lol

s4m5lll.jpg

Man of Honour
Damn Froz LMAO... nutter, but once you get your old chip RMA'd you can rebuild it hopefully...

Nice looking box and a tidy small fit, well done, like the way you did the 510 negative.

The 510 new just kinda happened that way it wasn't planned but it's the only way it'll fit.

Not much hope in rebuilding the VTBox I cut the leads on the 510 to get the board out

Soldato
Long shot, but only thing i can think of... if you have a soldering iron, put a blob of solder on the base of that 510 pin on the RBA, this will allow you to put the pin back in properly to make a good connection but extend the base of the pin so it connects to the actual tank base, and you can sand the solder blob till you get the perfect fit?

Good idea mate, I'll try and locate my old soldering iron.

Soldato
The 510 new just kinda happened that way it wasn't planned but it's the only way it'll fit.

Not much hope in rebuilding the VTBox I cut the leads on the 510 to get the board out

Sure you could de-solder the old wires and fit new, you might need to force the press fit 510 out to get at it mind, but shame to waste a mod, especially a brand new one... from the internal size dimensions, with a little bit of cutting/grinding, you could fit a dual 18650 sled inside the VTBox200 chassis.

Soldato
Drill out the 510 and put a new one in, its a decent frame and a 510 will cost less than a fiver, just measure up and make sure it fits. i though the vtbox would look nice with stabalized wood scaled instead of the original covers.

Soldato
The original VTBox200 had a massive hole under the 510 plate and thus was glued in, no way to put in a normal veritube or fat daddy 510, the revieced box has a press fit 510, but no idea what they did to the frames to do this, so not sure if you could get a veritube or fat daddy fitted, only Froz can say as he has the box in bits lol

Man of Honour
It looks like a Varitube should fit, not sure about a Fat Daddy as I've never bought one.

I'll see if I can get the original 510 out tomorrow.
Just reworked my lid design to make it fit so about to upload to shapeways and hunt for a free shipping code then I can order one.

Think I've managed to score myself some free batteries sometime next week from my local B&M as well

Soldato
If a varitube will fit then a Fat Daddy should too, only difference between them is the threading, one is finer than the other, but if you need to drill out to fit a Varitube then you can fit a Fat Daddy just as easy.
The Varitube tends to be shorter in overall length than the standard Fat Daddy V3 and older 510's, but there is a new shorter version in the V4..

Man of Honour
I'll see what I can do with it but I'm not hugely bothered, the VTBox was a worthy donor to get this finished.

Spent a good couple of hours having my brain picked by the owner once the shop had gone quiet

Soldato
My DNA200 came from Modmaker and cost £59.99... but you hopefully can get another chip back in it and revive the beast, its a marmite box though, some love its looks and others hate it... i have to admit to being drawn to it, though i hate the white text on the doors but imagine that could be removed or covered somehow, but the thing that put me right off was the build quality of the first release, glued 510, wrongly wired battery and even though they fixed both of those in later releases... the battery is still a Big ?, as none in the wild have proven to be anywhere near the advertised mAh.

Man of Honour
They are a really really heavy device too. Think I paid £65 for my last board as I ordered it from StealthVape as I need some bits from them anyway.

Most people say they are actually around 1300mah

Soldato
I don't know what myepack are like for honoring incorrect pricing, but the OBS CRIUS RTA is listed on their main page at £21.99, but when you go to buy it, its listed at £12.99 ;)

Man of Honour
Just modified my CAD drawings for the enclosure to make it 5mm thicker for someone else to rehouse his VTBox200 using the original battery

Will post some photos when he's sent me one of how it turns out on a traditional 3D printer

Associate
Just picked up some Suicide Bunny Mothers milk and some more Mrs Lords Custard Cream, both 12mg nic.
Starting to look at other options now though regarding mods.
Seen a smok x cube ii for 60 notes earlier and it seems ok spec wise...any reviews from you lot.

Soldato
Just picked up some Suicide Bunny Mothers milk and some more Mrs Lords Custard Cream, both 12mg nic.
Starting to look at other options now though regarding mods.
Seen a smok x cube ii for 60 notes earlier and it seems ok spec wise...any reviews from you lot.

Try gearbest, the exact same for £32 I believe (according to an FB group I'm part of) and from an EU warehouse.

Soldato
Well i checked my bank account today as got paid last night, seams i have save a nice little bundle... so i have ordered a second Wismec, but this time from Totally Wicked as they are the main Distributor for the device so should have the mod sooner than from Cigreen... £149 with 3 VTC4 cells... not quite as good as the Cigreen deal, but between the two orders its cost me £291 with 9 Cells... my Vapor Flask DNA40 cost me £259 with no cells so i am happy enough...

Looiking at cigreen vs the TW offer now.

I'm not familiar with the 30Q's, anything with them I should consider over the 25R (I've got 9 of these, very trusty batteries, but intrigued with a new rival!)

with the TW one, I'm worried it'll contain their awful branding plastered on the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom