***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Day ruined.

Just tore a solder pad on my DNA200 board while building in my new tiny enclosure. Think its time to give up and buy one

That sucks , i have done exactly the same thing.I tried using 14 gauge PVC for the battery leads & just to stiff , lifted the B+ pad completely off & the fuse sprang off as well.Changed to 16 gauge silicon & much easier to work with.
Board is on its way back for RMA.

Soldato
The top of your coil... the leg lead is very close to the next wrap, you may be getting a hot lead... plus the rest of the wraps are uneven too...if you are running in TC mode and what device and power settings are you using?

Yeah I seem to struggle a bit getting vertical coils spaced evenly - horizontal seems a bit easier.

I've been using it on Ipv3 Li , tried various settings from 410-450F, 30-50J

Man of Honour
Well,

Now I've finished my strop, soldered the battery sled up without the B+ as that was torn off the board but positioned and it all fits, so I'm going to head out in a short while and grab a VTbox200 from my B&M as its the cheapest DNA200 they've got a £105. Then once I get the boards back from RMA I can finish the Dual 18650 mod, Sell the VTBox and Sell the second board and offset most of the cost assuming I get around £110 back

Soldato
sterilize in milton and then rinse under hot water or maybe you can try an ultrasonic bath.
Been debating an Ultrasonic, actually...

Just use water, perhaps a touch of detergent, then bathe for a few minutes? That's it?
Does it work to clear out atties as well?

Seems there are some in Maplins for around £40 - Are those types any good, or do I need to be spending 'Caselabs' level of money on this?

Soldato
I just rinsed under the hot tap for a few minutes then flicked out all the liquid i could and then dried as best i could with a towel, juiced up and vaped, there was no issue that way.

Associate
Hey guys, I need your help please.

I have been using my EFusion DNA200 for about a week without any issues. Tonight, my Uwell Crown was delivered, so I thought I'd try the .25 Ni coil in it. When it came to firing, I noticed there was practically no vapour production at all. After 2 or 3 tries, I heard a small "squeal" coming from the EFusion and then it seemed to reset itself; the screen went black then came back very faintly with a different wattage output showing and TC disabled. After a few minutes, the screen went dead again and now it won't turn on at all.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? I am about to start the Google trawl for answers but would greatly appreciate any advice thrown this way.

Man of Honour
Hey guys, I need your help please.

I have been using my EFusion DNA200 for about a week without any issues. Tonight, my Uwell Crown was delivered, so I thought I'd try the .25 Ni coil in it. When it came to firing, I noticed there was practically no vapour production at all. After 2 or 3 tries, I heard a small "squeal" coming from the EFusion and then it seemed to reset itself; the screen went black then came back very faintly with a different wattage output showing and TC disabled. After a few minutes, the screen went dead again and now it won't turn on at all.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? I am about to start the Google trawl for answers but would greatly appreciate any advice thrown this way.

Not experienced an issue like that with a DNA200 but you'll need to check which coil you actually have in the crown.

The 0.25 is a Stainless Steel coil, these can be used either I'm wattage mode or in temperature control using the correct TFR, which in this case is 304SS. The nickel coil is the 0.15 coil

Soldato
Ive had 4 DNA200's and never seen the issue you describe, id suggest heading over to the Evolv Forums and posting a question on there in case its been seen in the DNA200 community.
If you connect it to the USB of your computer, does it power up and does windows see it? if yes, then you have most likely blown the onboard 25amp fuse which can be replaced by yourself if you are really good at soldering, or you can send it to Evolv in the USA to be repaired, or contact the vendor for return.

http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/

Associate
Thanks for the replies Prozennova and UKDTweak.

When plugged in to the computer, at first I received an "Error: Power Surge On Hub Port: A USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port." message. Now, nothing happens.

I'll have a look over on the Evolv forums and see what I can find then start the returns process if needed.

Permabanned
Well that's vaping over for me :( Had surgery this week for a second collapsed lung in as many years and can't help thinking vaping contributed this time, by that i mean the act of vaping not the juice/chemicals etc. I'd often wondered whether the suction action was bad for my lungs considering i'd had a collapsed lung in the past, i still don't know whether it was tbh but not taking the risk anymore.

Soldato
Well that's vaping over for me :( Had surgery this week for a second collapsed lung in as many years and can't help thinking vaping contributed this time, by that i mean the act of vaping not the juice/chemicals etc. I'd often wondered whether the suction action was bad for my lungs considering i'd had a collapsed lung in the past, i still don't know whether it was tbh but not taking the risk anymore.

Was it the same lung that collapsed?
IN a typical procedure that will "staple" the wall of the lung along the back wall, in fact once that is done you are less likely to have another lung collapse than a person that hasn't had that procedure done before!

Don
Well that sucks.
I'm in hospital at the moment so can't vape. I've got the VT200 with me so I keep trying to run out and have a crafty puff.
The thing I'm finding though is that unlike when I smoked, I can go hours or even days without vaping without getting any cravings.

Soldato
Hey guys :D None smoker/vaper here and wanted to ask something. I know nothing about vaping but am entirely confused by some people i worked with who never smoked in there life yet started vaping. Is there something i am missing? I though this would be a kind of quit smoking tool. But now im confused by none smokers vaping?

Permabanned
Been debating an Ultrasonic, actually...

Just use water, perhaps a touch of detergent, then bathe for a few minutes? That's it?
Does it work to clear out atties as well?

Seems there are some in Maplins for around £40 - Are those types any good, or do I need to be spending 'Caselabs' level of money on this?

Never used one so can't advise but many people on ukv used to rate them highly for cleaning and getting rid of smells from eliquids. Some even steep their elquid in there :eek: However be careful if you have cheap plated atomizers as they can strip away the coating.

I just use a drop of baby bottle sterilizer or if I am feeling brave I will lob attys with the baby bottle steamer.

iirc they have been cheaper than that at Maplins, there is one there now for £30, possibly cheaper if you go through ebay, amazon, supermarket

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys :D None smoker/vaper here and wanted to ask something. I know nothing about vaping but am entirely confused by some people i worked with who never smoked in there life yet started vaping. Is there something i am missing? I though this would be a kind of quit smoking tool. But now im confused by none smokers vaping?

Vaping is generally used as a tool to get off fags, but once you get into the flavours and gear, it can become a bit of a hobby and ive known some none smokers to vape because of the great tasting juice, see you can get nicotine free juice so therefore not addictive in any way, I myself started over a year and a half ago just to help quit smoking, but quickly found i loved the flavours and tastes in the juice and so moved on to better kit to get the best out of the juice i vape and that led to buying more mods and tanks and drippers in a search for the best flavour etc... that then led to building my own mods as i could not find a mod in the size and battery configuration i wanted, it is now a hobby for me... i can go long periods without a vape if i want to, but i tend to vape all evening as i just love the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom