***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Got mine 3 weeks ago from here http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/

I bought these:
TMC Wire - 317L Grade Stainless Steel Wire - 0.35mm (350 Micron - 28 AWG) - 10 Metre Spool 1 £1.99
TMC Wire - 317L Grade Stainless Steel Wire - 0.4mm (400 Micron - 26 AWG) - 10 Metre Spool 1 £2.49
TMC Wire - 317L Grade Stainless Steel Wire - 0.5mm (500 Micron - 24 AWG) - 10 Metre Spool 1 £2.49

Total £6.97

Thanks for the info :)

Cheers all

Soldato
Hey guys, I'm finally going to make my first proper recipe today. :)

Flattered you're using my recipe! I wasn't so clear but when I said 4:3:1 ratio I meant that should make up 6-8% total, so I think you can get away with 4% applie pie, 3% apple, 1% cookie. Especially at 50/50 PG/VG, you can use less flavour for the same taste than higher VG. As for the marzipan and cinnamon, I'd make the mix up, see how it tastes, then add 1 drop of each per 10ml of mix. The flavourart bottles drop at about 0.02-0.03ml apparently, so 1 drop in 10ml is about 0.2-0.3%. If it's not enough, add another :) other than that, looks good to me!

Edit: just noticed you're making up a 5ml tester, I wouldn't worry too much about putting a drop of each in that, it's still only 0.6% max. I couldn't taste that much cinnamon and marzipan so I don't think it'll blow your head off, might be nicer in fact!

Last edited:
Don
Been vaping the RX200 all day. I'm really rather impressed.
I've got the black one and it actually feels better in the hand than the DNA200 version due to the rough texture. It looks the business with a black tank on there too. Been running the new black Aromamizer with a simple clapton Kanthal build in it.
TC in SS mode is kinda poo. It works but cuts the power so dramatically that you get a blast of vape and then nothing while it sorts itself out. Not ideal. Seems fine with titanium though.

All in all, it's a fantastic mod for the money and the more I use it and my little VTC Mini, the more I wonder why I bother with expensive SX350J and DNA200 mods when you can get a really, really good vape for a tiny fraction of the cost.

Talking of which, having gone from Kanthal to NI200 then titanium and finally stainless steel in TC mode I'm actually moving back to simple kanthal builds more and more. No messing about and I know the same build at 50W will be the same no matter what mod I stick it on.
Once I start pulling out my mechs I'll have come full circle.

Soldato
I've got the black one and it actually feels better in the hand than the DNA200 version due to the rough texture. It looks the business with a black tank on there too. Been running the new black Aromamizer with a simple clapton Kanthal build in it.

TC in SS mode is kinda poo.

Talking of which, having gone from Kanthal to NI200 then titanium and finally stainless steel in TC mode I'm actually moving back to simple kanthal builds more and more.

Been working in the shop today so I've had a look and feel around with both colours, they sit perfectly in my hand. Might have to pick one up, I love the design and kinda wish I'd held out and got the realeaux rather than my hotcig, not that it isn't brilliant but the batteries can be a faff. Would be nice to have the crazy battery life in some situations. Just wish I could have the DNA200 in the black finish with the same price :p

With regards to SS and TC, I'm inclined to agree. Titanium has been shelved since getting some SS, and I pretty much use it like kanthal, with the difference that the TC is nice juuust in case I have a dry wick. I had an uneven wicking problem on my aromamizer, one was wicking fine but the other stayed dry. If I'd had it on power mode it'd have been burnt hit city but the TC throttled it and only gave me a slight taste to let me know something was up. The pre-heat feature of TC is nice too, cold to thick vapour in an instant without having a high limit.

Soldato
All in all, it's a fantastic mod for the money and the more I use it and my little VTC Mini, the more I wonder why I bother with expensive SX350J and DNA200 mods when you can get a really, really good vape for a tiny fraction of the cost.
This paragraph is what I meant about no doubts in my mind, hard to have the same thoughts on a 30 quid mod as one can get a 120-160 mod. It might not be so accurate or have as many features but for the money, it's hard to dislike. The SX will be dedicated to my Squape, just so it'll continue to be used.

I'm running 0.5mm 317L at .22ohm in the RDTA, at 45w / 500f; that's working for me. I've not tried any other modes yet but will do at some time no doubt.

Soldato
TC in SS mode is kinda poo. It works but cuts the power so dramatically that you get a blast of vape and then nothing while it sorts itself out. Not ideal. Seems fine with titanium though.

Talking of which, having gone from Kanthal to NI200 then titanium and finally stainless steel in TC mode I'm actually moving back to simple kanthal builds more and more. No messing about and I know the same build at 50W will be the same no matter what mod I stick it on.

I find with SS in TC, if you have too much power hitting the coils, the boards cant register the tiny ohms change quick enough and you get a very erratic power delivery, this can be seen in escribe on the DNA200 device manager and you can feel it on an SX350j by the pulsing, so i would try your SS build on the RX but lower the power until you get a sustained draw.
I have not been able to find any info on what TCR the RX uses for SS and this could be an issue too, my m8 tried the UWell Crown 05 SS coil head and said the RX would not fire it in TC mode at all, so having the right SS will be important.

Associate
This paragraph is what I meant about no doubts in my mind, hard to have the same thoughts on a 30 quid mod as one can get a 120-160 mod. It might not be so accurate or have as many features but for the money, it's hard to dislike. The SX will be dedicated to my Squape, just so it'll continue to be used.

I'm running 0.5mm 317L at .22ohm in the RDTA, at 45w / 500f; that's working for me. I've not tried any other modes yet but will do at some time no doubt.

What diameter coil & number of wraps are you using?

Cheers all

Don
my m8 tried the UWell Crown 05 SS coil head and said the RX would not fire it in TC mode at all, so having the right SS will be important.

Same. It will fire the 0.25 but cuts power immediately no matter if the temp is set to 300C.
It seems to work in ti mode if the temp is set to 140C ish. I'm guessing the TCR is set too low in SS mode.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Hey guys, I'm finally going to make my first proper recipe today. :)

Can someone check my percentages here for a 5ml sample of apple pie. I've used Danneh's recipe, (the diluted one), plus added the Apple and Cookie using his suggested 4:3:1 ratio.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28868557&postcount=9992

Do my figures look correct?

The cinnamon and marzipan though are coming out at 0.01grams, and though my scales are meant to go down to 0.01, I can only get them to read 0.03 lowest, so maybe I should leave those two out, or take a chance and add a drop for each and maybe blow my head off? :p I'm using all FA concentrates btw. Thanks.

snip[/QUOTE]

Don't use that calculator man, it's crap unless you put in all the specific weights.

Use [url]http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create[/url] instead.

I'd probably make 10ml instead of 5ml just to make it easier to weigh out etc.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/J51SeKZ.png

I thought it was a 'cheapo Chinese mod' ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Kanthal is used in power mode (v/v or v/w) were the other wires are used in temp controlled mods. Is the big difference, there is also some worry around Kanthal having aluminium in it but I believe it is pretty stable until super high temps (I'm sure someone with better knowledge about this will be along to correct me)

Soldato
Kanthal is used in power mode (v/v or v/w) were the other wires are used in temp controlled mods. Is the big difference, there is also some worry around Kanthal having aluminium in it but I believe it is pretty stable until super high temps (I'm sure someone with better knowledge about this will be along to correct me)

Thank you - that's very useful to know.

.... Now to find the last bit of kit I need .... one of those coil wrapping things, is this any good ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magic-Sti...TA-RDA-RBA-Vape-Coiling-Jig-DIY-/181934714031

Soldato
Don't use that calculator man, it's crap unless you put in all the specific weights.

Use http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create instead.

I'd probably make 10ml instead of 5ml just to make it easier to weigh out etc.

J51SeKZ.png

Hey Gee, I just tested that create calculator by putting the same percentages in as you and naturally got the same results. I really like it, mostly because you can select the brand of your own concentrate, so yeah, I'll continue to use it instead of ejuicemeup. I will say though, the only real difference I noticed in final results is nicotine. Same figure of 0.42 ml in ejuicemeup but the grams are different, showing 0.41g instead of 0.53g. Perhaps that's what you mean? Unless of course the recipe create site uses a higher gram weight than me for nicotine? I set my nicotine gram set to 1. http://s17.postimg.org/5ozjqsu67/Apple_Pie.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
The ceramic tweeters with the ebay one would be a selling point for me. They are great for doing the fiddly bits after putting the coil in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom