The Walking Dead Season 2.

Soldato
I wouldn't put it past Carl for being the reason the zombies have come about...

:D

Sure there's a lot of plot holes, inconsistencies (especially with the zombie behaviour) and general little spats of annoyance - but it doesn't bother me in the slightest! :)

I'm really pleased to see this on television, and although not a patch on the excellence of the comics (currently up to comic #94 :cool:), I'll be watching every season they make.

Absolutely chuffed to see Michone's appearance! :D

edit:
2012-03-19.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Disappointing end to a disappointing season, wasn't expecting anything less really. I was genuinely surprised when the credits appeared, it didn't feel like the typical dramatic "cliffhanger" end to a season at all.

Oh well, on to other things until it comes back I suppose.

Associate
Disappointing end to a disappointing season, wasn't expecting anything less really. I was genuinely surprised when the credits appeared, it didn't feel like the typical dramatic "cliffhanger" end to a season at all.

Oh well, on to other things until it comes back I suppose.

For real? The first half of season 2 was slow I admit, but the second half was awesome. I don't see how you could like the 1st season and not like the 2nd half of the 2nd season tbh. Meh. Pretty much everyone else thought it was a great episode.

(lori vs broom picture)
so true

Soldato
It was an ok but extremely frustrating episode (due to the points that most people have pointed out).

Something that has frustrated me throughout both seasons.....Running through an area with zombies (most recently the blond wench in the woods before meeting the Samurai lady). So, she's running through the woods being chased by slow moving Zombies.
"Quick, look, there is a zombie 20ft to the left, I better shoot it or it may bite me (if I lay down and have a 3 hour kip). That was close, oh no, wait, there's another one 30ft to my right, POW! HEADSHOT and look, another, this one is 2ft away, "click click", darn, out of ammo, looks like it's feeding time".

Why the hell would you waste ammo on zombies that are nowhere near you and/or not blocking any path you may need to take??

I also, lol'd at Herschels infinite ammo shotgun. :p

Associate
The last 2 episodes were ridiculous.

During the search for Randall, no-one sees the huge swarm of zombies which is all around the farm.

Somehow the zombies which were behind Rick and Carl ended up in front of them and all around the house before them.

The zombies were drawn there by the chopper a few days ago (which appear to be going into the city, not out of) and in all their days of walking there was not a single thing which distracted them from that path. They also would have left Atlanta before the survivors, so they should have seen them on the road as they were leaving the city.

When the zombies hit the fence, none attempted to climb it, even though we saw in season 1 how they were able to climb fire escapes and at least one climbed a fence after Rick and Glen IIRC.

Hershel's son was an idiot - he gets to the barn and Rick and Carl get on the roof of the van, then instead of driving off he goes an opens the door so zombies can eat him???

Somehow everyone gets headshots 100% of the time, even from moving vehicles.

As others have said, Hershel has unlimited ammo and best aim, even with a shotty.

Lori was terrible - "You should kill Shane", "Sorry Shane", "Why'd you kill Shane you MONSTA?"

Rick not telling them what the scientist said all the way from season 1 was ridiculous. The way they reacted was too. All of a sudden wanting a new leader. It felt forced. And the way he explained killing Shane was totally unclear - seems like the writers didn't feel like explaining it to the characters since the viewers saw it already.

The zombies on chains was silly. Why don't they try and attack everything even if they have no jaw/teeth? Kirkman said they just became docile when they realised they couldn't eat, but this sounds like a copout. The zombies are supposed to be brain dead and unable to learn.

I still watch the show even with all the terrible writing since it's the only post-apocalyptic zombie show on TV.

Caporegime
(most recently the blond wench in the woods before meeting the Samurai lady). So, she's running through the woods being chased by slow moving Zombies.
"Quick, look, there is a zombie 20ft to the left, I better shoot it or it may bite me (if I lay down and have a 3 hour kip). That was close, oh no, wait, there's another one 30ft to my right, POW! HEADSHOT and look, another, this one is 2ft away, "click click", darn, out of ammo, looks like it's feeding time".

Why the hell would you waste ammo on zombies that are nowhere near you and/or not blocking any path you may need to take??

Also that, I was going "WTF!?" when she killed ones that where no near her :confused:

During the search for Randall, no-one sees the huge swarm of zombies which is all around the farm.

Somehow the zombies which were behind Rick and Carl ended up in front of them and all around the house before them.

The zombies were drawn there by the chopper a few days ago (which appear to be going into the city, not out of) and in all their days of walking there was not a single thing which distracted them from that path. They also would have left Atlanta before the survivors, so they should have seen them on the road as they were leaving the city.

Hershel's son was an idiot - he gets to the barn and Rick and Carl get on the roof of the van, then instead of driving off he goes an opens the door so zombies can eat him???

Somehow everyone gets headshots 100% of the time, even from moving vehicles.

Lori was terrible - "You should kill Shane", "Sorry Shane", "Why'd you kill Shane you MONSTA?"

Rick not telling them what the scientist said all the way from season 1 was ridiculous. All of a sudden wanting a new leader. It felt forced. And the way he explained killing Shane was totally unclear - seems like the writers didn't feel like explaining it to the characters since the viewers saw it already.

The zombies on chains was silly. Why don't they try and attack everything even if they have no jaw/teeth? Kirkman said they just became docile when they realised they couldn't eat, but this sounds like a copout. The zombies are supposed to be brain dead and unable to learn.

Agree!

For me episode 12 was the much much better episode, the ending was just great. But it made no sense whatsoever as to why the zombies got attracted by Carl firing his gun, yet not the gunshot before that by Shane :confused:

Found these images amusing! :D

h4zI7.png

rUKsk.jpg

2m8T4.jpg

TbN5q.jpg

Associate
The zombies on chains was silly. Why don't they try and attack everything even if they have no jaw/teeth? Kirkman said they just became docile when they realised they couldn't eat, but this sounds like a copout. The zombies are supposed to be brain dead and unable to learn

You do realise this was in the comics?

Agreed with most of the rest of what you said though. Rick's explanation at the end was terrible. Lori is a retard.

Soldato
For real? The first half of season 2 was slow I admit, but the second half was awesome. I don't see how you could like the 1st season and not like the 2nd half of the 2nd season tbh. Meh. Pretty much everyone else thought it was a great episode.

Because the pace was completely off. Even at its slowest, the first season had better pace than the second ever did, and it felt like the final couple of episodes they were just crammed with all the action and panic that should have been spread more evenly over the whole season.

Even at times when it looked like something interesting might happen, like them being stuck out in the bar after finding Hershel, or being attacked while they're off trying to get rid of the new guy, they still ended up back at the goddamn farm again.

Caporegime
Where else would they go? :confused:

They got out of those situations safely in the end (it wasn't exactly a walk in the part, their lives were literally on the edge in those 2 scenes you mentioned with danger around every corner), they are hardly going to stick around areas that are infested with walkers just for the lolz :p

I thought the pace was fine tbh (granted the first half was pretty slow) especially the second half of the season except the last episode, I felt that it was very rushed regarding every thing really, the script, stupid scenes, the whole episode came across like they did the entire thing in one day with very little thought.

EDIT:

IMO I would say the pace for the second half of season 2 was the same as season 1.

Last edited:

DcD

DcD

Associate

This was quite frankly the last straw for me in season 2, it was steadily going downhill but when I saw that I was like "HOW CAN YOU **** UP SCRIPTING THIS SO BADLY? HOW MUCH ARE YOU GETTING PAID?!".

It's like...

"Shane is dangerous, you need to kill him."
-
"Shane thinks I'm his and you NEED to kill him."
-
"I love you Shane, even though you tried to rape me, tried to kill my husband, killed two people and constantly **** up the group".
-
"WHAT YOU KILLED SHANE? DON'T TOUCH ME, GET OFF ME. I HATE YOU AND AM NOW SCARED OF YOU!"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Caporegime
why couldn't they have just followed the comic :(

yes some people would ahve known the plot in advance but it would have been epic.

Associate
This is becoming like Heroes where there was dip in quality between the first & second season ..... the second season of this show is has ended up as passable .... I'll see what the third season holds and see if it can improve.

Lori was so poorly written in the last episode, I agree with the "WTF"s on her turnabout on Shane's death .... She's been goading Rick to do something about Shane and when Rick actually does the right thing, she's out of character.

There were some interesting things about the second season such as Shane's descent into moral ambiguity, the moral tussle on letting Randall go or not, Herschel's initial views on whether the walkers were able to be saved and Rick finally manning up .... these were compelling themes of the show.

Unfortunately the firing of Frank Darabont as showrunner by AMC (retard studios execs ofc) has hurt the writing in general. They really needed someone to keep the writers in check. A good director would know about decent pacing and the stretching of the missing Sofia was an obvious symptom of budget constraints. Someone of Frank Darabont's calibre would never have let finding Sophia go on for that long, it almost made me stop watching the damn show as it felt at least 2 episodes too long before the reveal.

I really hope they take the feedback from the fans to make improvements or hire some better writers.

Caporegime
This thread has so many spoilers for people who haven't yet watched the final episode of the season. I know that it has already aired last week in the US, but for the benefit of the UK viewers it'd be nice for us to be able to read the thread while having the choice of whether to view spoilers or not. The tags are there for a reason after all.

Caporegime
nUGw7.jpg

Sorry if already posted. Love the way Carl is just standing there obliviously picking his nose. Pretty much sums him up, the annoying little scrote.

Just after a zombie attack he's allowed to wonder off on a dangerous highway willy-nilly.

Also Glenn looks like Anthony Kim, swing and all.

Last edited:
Soldato
This thread has so many spoilers for people who haven't yet watched the final episode of the season. I know that it has already aired last week in the US, but for the benefit of the UK viewers it'd be nice for us to be able to read the thread while having the choice of whether to view spoilers or not. The tags are there for a reason after all.

Sucks that people who follow the UK schedule are behind. Yes, you are BEHIND, and therefore fair game for spoilers. If you are following the UK Schedule, don't read the internet topics about the program if you don't want to be spoilered. It's really easy. I haven't watched the Wire yet, but I don't complain that by reading a internet thread about it I'll get spoilered, as I realise that I'm actually behind by a good number of years, and not just a week or 2.

Back
Top Bottom