The Walking Dead Season 2.

Permabanned
My point being you can't spoil something that hasn't even been written yet.

My other point being, people should stop making out they are 'in the know' becasue they have read the comics and then in the next breath admit that the story doesn't follow the comics exactly anyway :)

Soldato
My point being you can't spoil something that hasn't even been written yet.

My other point being, people should stop making out they are 'in the know' becasue they have read the comics and then in the next breath admit that the story doesn't follow the comics exactly anyway :)

But you are also missing the point this is the thread "Walking Dead" (SEASON 2)

There is another thread which you can discuss season 3.

Caporegime
Sucks that people who follow the UK schedule are behind. Yes, you are BEHIND, and therefore fair game for spoilers. If you are following the UK Schedule, don't read the internet topics about the program if you don't want to be spoilered. It's really easy. I haven't watched the Wire yet, but I don't complain that by reading a internet thread about it I'll get spoilered, as I realise that I'm actually behind by a good number of years, and not just a week or 2.

So because of the laziness of others I'm not allowed to read or comment on topics relating to The Walking Dead? What if I wanted to come on here and discuss last week's episode and what I think the finale will be like? Oh wait I can't because people have already watched it in advance of the UK schedule and posted a huge pile of spoilers relating to it. Fantastic.

It takes literally seconds to put spoiler tags around something, it's simple courtesy and if they weren't meant to be used they wouldn't have been added. I also read somewhere that talking about shows in advance of the UK airing was either frowned upon or an infringement of the rules. In any case it's just thoughtless at best.

Not everybody is able to watch the US episode during the week, and frankly your suggestion of "don't read or post in the thread if you don't want spoilers" is laughable, as is the comparison to The Wire since it's YEARS old and not being aired for the first time. :confused:

Associate
Haha, all of T-Dog's lines from Series 2, in < 5 minutes. :D

Funny how true that video is. It shows how little screentime and development some of the characters have had. I'd be interested to see how long a video lasts with any of the characters that have been in more of the spotlight.

Soldato
Sucks that people who follow the UK schedule are behind. Yes, you are BEHIND, and therefore fair game for spoilers. If you are following the UK Schedule, don't read the internet topics about the program if you don't want to be spoilered. It's really easy. I haven't watched the Wire yet, but I don't complain that by reading a internet thread about it I'll get spoilered, as I realise that I'm actually behind by a good number of years, and not just a week or 2.

Seriously WTF? Selfish much?

Soldato
It's not fair but it is a good general rule for the internet. It's pretty retarded to go on IMDb for example and then complain about spoilers but you shouldn't have to worry about that here.

Soldato
Woe is me.

You basically decided to pick up on someone making a thread about the potential story/spoilers for season 3. That's it, you seem to have a complex issue with him, thinking he's posturing with his knowledge to the point of creepy relent. You're coming across pretty harsh, you say it's impossible to know anything from the comics and it hasn't followed it.

What you fail in doing is mentioning you can know what most likely to happen (The word is called speculation), and that it already has followed some of the comic already. (This is called fact).
Now if you take into account what we know as fact and turn that into speculation for future airings, we have a discussion, one which you decided to troll.

So give him a break.

Seriously WTF? Selfish much?

Well, to be fair I don't even read threads on UK viewings until I HAVE SEEN IT.
Even if a year has passed, would you read it? So what's a weeks difference.

I'll come off a bit of a dick here, trust me I'm not but I'm trying to prove a point; you're 33 right? I'm surprised you haven't realised by now that no matter where you go, if you read a thread about something you don't want spoiled there is a very high chance you'll have something spoiled. I knew this since I was the wee age of 13, I just applied simple logic to it.
Nobody gave a damn when people finished Mass Effect 3 earlier because of different country unlocks before the UK got it, sure you could use a VPN to get it earlier in the same way you can download US shows earlier.

Regardless if it is ALLOWED OR NOT it would be prudent for you to avoid threads until you're at a stage you will be spoiler free, this happened on these forums and many other forums over the past decade and no amount of moderation can keep up with it. I don't agree or disagree with the rules, they are not mine to make or change but I can help in saying what you can do to potentially avoid it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Umm... Yeah thanks for the IT lesson.
FYI I already knew what was happening in E13. I'm simply not as rude as some to divulge to the forum before the UK air date.

Soldato
Oh wow, what did I start?

My thread is just speculation based on the comics, I only said spoilers because if you haven't read the comics yet, it will pretty much ruin season 3 for you.

And the problem with that is.........? :confused:
My issue is simply that it's got a stupid name, because it's pretty much got nothing to do with season 3. :)

You should have called it "Walking Dead comic discussion" or "Walking Dead possible upcoming plots" or somesuch. Because even when episode 1 of season 3 does actually air, I'm not going to want to go near that thread, because you will no doubt have talked about things that will happen after that episode.

There really should be a separate comics thread anyway, because it seems like you guys that have read it can't help but tell us humble TV-watchers what to expect.

Soldato
Umm... Yeah thanks for the IT lesson.
FYI I already knew what was happening in E13. I'm simply not as rude as some to divulge to the forum before the UK air date.

What I was trying to say (and I partially agree with you) is that this should include everyone, if you understand it, others should too. At least if people get burnt once reading spoilers then maybe next time they'll be careful :p

Oh wow, what did I start?

My issue is simply that it's got a stupid name, because it's pretty much got nothing to do with season 3. :)

You should have called it "Walking Dead comic discussion" or "Walking Dead possible upcoming plots" or somesuch. Because even when episode 1 of season 3 does actually air, I'm not going to want to go near that thread, because you will no doubt have talked about things that will happen after that episode.

There really should be a separate comics thread anyway, because it seems like you guys that have read it can't help but tell us humble TV-watchers what to expect.

What about ANY book/comic to movie/tv series threads that crop up before it has aired?
Oh right, it happens all the time and you're just being really obsessively anal about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
What I was trying to say (and I partially agree with you) is that this should include everyone, if you understand it, others should too. At least if people get burnt once reading spoilers then maybe next time they'll be careful :p

But they shouldn't have to. Quite simply it's against forum rules.

Soldato
But they shouldn't have to. Quite simply it's against forum rules.

Which brings me back to my original reply to you, which I mentioned, regardless if it's allowed or not. Seems you didn't read it all.

Fact is, you can't rely on other random strangers and new people to the forum who don't know all the rules.
So people should take a step and avoid it themselves :p

Soldato
As past experience has shown, threads that end up as petty squabbles get closed - much to the detriment of the majority of users who are here to discuss the show.

Kindly end the arguements and get back to the zombies :)

Soldato
Where else would they go? :confused:

I don't know, but then I'm not being paid to 'write' the show. I just think it would have been more interesting if perhaps they'd tried to find the other group's camp (which I actually thought might happen after they took the guy prisoner), or some of them ended up fleeing the farm for a while, or something. Anything. But no, always back at the damn farm in time for the credits to roll.

It seems like they know only two extremes now: Drag something out across god knows how many episodes, or rush it so much that you're left wondering what the hell just happened.

Soldato
I thought the final episode was incredibly poor. Poor camera work highlighting that they had less than 50 zombie extras on set pretty much ruined for me. Dreadfull character dialogue and un-natural and plot conflicting reactions to events left me reaching for a magazine mid way through.

Can't see it lasting beyond S3 if I'm honest.

Caporegime
Yeah they could have done that, but the problem with that is:

- they killed 2 of their guys
- they tortured Randall till he told them about his group
- they didn't like what they found out, a very large group heavily armed and that some of them raped teenagers and any other women that they came across IIRC
- And of course the behaviour/hygiene of the fat guy in the bar :p

They obviously wanted nothing to do with that group and couldn't take the risk of going to "scout" out that large group of people and getting caught and in return them (probably would have been Rick, Shane, Daryl who would have checked them out) being tortured (to reveal their safe location), killed or worse.

And of course because they could stay at the farm where it is safe :p or go and try looking for this group not knowing what they might run into.

They really could have made the last episode much better, in fact I would say that episode out of them all has felt the most rushed one :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom