The Walking Dead Season 2.

Soldato
I have just started reading the comic books as cbr's.
I cannot believe how different it is. It ridiculous, within the first 10 comics more has happened and a much quicker pace than the first season ever did, and there are some very major character differences and plots, with some characters existing in the series that don't in the book.
Anyone know why they chose to completely change things.

Because the comic moves too quickly for a TV series. They padded out some of the story behind the comic basically to make it suitable for TV.

I like the change to Shane for example, killing him off so early in the TV series wouldn't have worked very well, we got to know the character and watch him evolve through the show, it made his ending far more dramatic for it.

Soldato
Potential minor spoiler:

I got to thinking, why didn't they dig a big old trench around the farm boundary?

Can't wait for Season 3 :D

You take 10-ish able body men to build a "trench" big enough to feel secure and see how long it takes, on top of all the other **** they been through :p

But still can anyone tell me why they are so deaf/stupid??? :p

Soldato
Because the comic moves too quickly for a TV series. They padded out some of the story behind the comic basically to make it suitable for TV.

I like the change to Shane for example, killing him off so early in the TV series wouldn't have worked very well, we got to know the character and watch him evolve through the show, it made his ending far more dramatic for it.

I can see your point about padding things out, but that to me would have taken extra scenes within the general story. Where's Tyresse, why was did the sophia story exist, whys her mum a short hair basket case. The epa place. Take a good story and adapt it, don't balls it up with complete toss.

Back
Top Bottom