US: **The Walking Dead Season 7 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Soldato
Was discussing the show with a mate recently and we both agreed its turned into our 'Smallville'- although WD hasn't got to that level of bad we just want it to end but have spent so much time watching it we will finish it. Or in Smallville terms 'we just wanna see the ************ fly!' but we don't even know what that means for this show lol

Finale was ok, nothing surprising, tiger was cool but I wasn't surprised by anything in the finale.

Soldato
Honestly ive really enjoyed season 7 but i thought the season end episode was utter crap.

The shootouts were pathetic,people standing out in the open not getting hit once,Turning around and shooting enemy 3 foot away from them behind,Then that stupid tiger..omg.

I hope they can end negan pretty fast in season 8 and just move on,I think they're dragging this Negan thing on a bit too much now,Hes a cool character and all but its getting bit repetitive.

Soldato
So that whole series was much ado about nothing. The whole thing was a build up to that?
It's been an absolute drag watching it this season. Shame, I really enjoyed the first 3-4 seasons but now there's nothing making me want to watch more.
I think that was my final episode.

Soldato
Have to say, that is one well trained Tigger. Knows only to attack the right people and leave everyone else alone, despite everyone having guns and going hell for leather at each other. Also, gotta love Negan's scope mounted on his suppressor. Wonder if he'd been watching 'Escape From New York' as a warm up before he set out and decided on some sort of tribute to Snake Plissken?

hADo660.jpg

what was the toy soldier all about?

It slipped out of Baby's door handle. Walking Dead/Supernatural crossover coming soon.

Soldato
Disappointing finale tbh lots of dumb ass moments, felt like a parody most of the time. Can the production team not afford to use blanks in their guns all this fake recoil and cgi muzzle flashes are looking silly.

Soldato
It was OK, if not predictable.

It was always going to be an episode that pulled the story-lines back together. I thought the glimpses of Sacha in the casket were overdone, we all knew what was coming within 30 seconds of it starting.

While it was good to see the Tiger doing it's stuff, how on earth it knew the "good guys, from the bad guys" was a bit of a mystery, as big and ferocious as it was I don't think it would have been a match for an M16 at 100 yards. Though not in a position to do anything, could be Dwight is a man of his word? He did bring down the trees to slow Negan, also the little soldier toy message hints that they now have a man on the inside. As for the scavengers, who cares? They are a bit like a square peg in a round hole, they don't really fit in with anything bar bringing numbers to the game. The odd way they talk is just nonsense. It does feel like it's losing its way a little. It's gone from being gritty and intense to more comic book ott. The battle between them all just wasn't as convincing as other clashes.

Hopefully Maggie will come to the fore next season, because that's the second time in a row that Rick's screwed up. (Just how many times can one man be shot/stabbed?)

Last edited:
Soldato
The waste folk betrayal is out of tone with previous episodes in which they are involved tbh. Rick has made so many mistakes its laughable. They totally played up the fact he had found people to fight the saviors...another episode where he gets guns for them. They have come to an understanding. Even laughs between them (happy triumphant music playing over it them together etc). Is Rick so bad at reading people now??

Also before the Tiger saved HIS son. Rick didnt do anything just cried...i dont think he was gonna try to save Carl which is mind boggling. Lucille was in mid swing and i didnt see Rick leap into action...

Only reason i still root for Rick is because hes come back before. Hes been through the darkness so why doesnt he man up now? Maggie cant be leader because she hasnt been through the same fire and hell Rick has. Only one i would think could replace Rick is Carol. (shes already leader of the Kingdom sortof)

Rick should have shot wasteface leader woman in the head without a seconds thought. Instead he lets himself get bullied and shot in the side and kicked down to the ground. Maybe dark Rick is gone? And wont be back?

Associate
Was it just me or was there a great funny line by Negun when he shouted "Holy **** they have got a tiger!"
Ha yeah that was good, followed by "**** the pregnant lady is still alive!" And giving them the finger on the way out as like 30 people unload full auto at him and he's untouched.

Thought rick was going to quick draw that trash woman on top of the tower and blow her head off. I was disappoint. Their betrayal was too obvious, I don't know why they decided to trust some total strangers, who are obviously a bit deranged and then let them into their base. I would have kept them outside to attack the rear or something.
Also how did Carol and co get in? Is there a back door? Or is that giant hole in the fence still there somewhere from when the tower fell and just not shown?

Associate
They really, REALLY need to storyboard their large fights and plan them over a model or something. It's just badly put together shots of people spraying bullets around and hitting nothing.

They should probably move to a world that's just plain run out of ammunition to make it easier for themselves as it loses all credibility. Numbers really mean very little if you have a dozen people with automatic rifles waiting to ambush a large group.
Also where were all the soldiers from the kingdom? They bravely run/ride into the rescue, all 8 of them - 2 of which were from Ricks group. One person with an ak should have mown them down in a few seconds. They really should have splashed the cash and a script/director with folks from the movies like GOT does for it's centre piece episodes. No reason they couldn't make something similar to black hawk down or something in terms of intensity, scale and making blooming sense with a large number of extras.

They really missed a trick there. People will be talking about battle of hardholm, battle of the *unwanted sons*, Blackwater etc for many years - Walking Dead really could have had a similar episode. Maybe they need less episodes per year?

Did like Negans reaction to the Tiger, he's going to want one of those, bad!

Caporegime
I've enjoyed most of the Walking Dead until now, and felt it's stayed pretty true to the comic roots, but this season has been disappointing. The Negan story is hard work, because it is really drawn out and slow, because they are genuinely subjugated by him, and maybe that hasn't translated well to the screen, but there's other things that they've changed that really haven't worked well.

Associate
Wow that was pure comedy at the end. And the close ups of Sasha and the scenes with Abraham were toe curling, dumb, boring and awful.

Im still in shock how back that fight scene played.

Soldato
Glad it wasn't just me who thought the episode was a bit naff, people picking up on the same stuff too.

Series as a while was ok. Finale was terrible.

Back
Top Bottom