US: **The Walking Dead Season 7 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Caporegime
Yeah the shootout choreography was beyond laughable, it was tragic, and completely ruined the episode for me - so many times there was no reason not to shoot someone etc. but instead just had a gun held on them and so on completely ridiculous writing.

its weird but it played out almost as i put not sure if i writ it here or not.only thing i thought was the tiger would take out negan.

negan is a great big character so it would have to be a epic ending for him to go.

some of it was very ham fisted the exchange with rick and negan was class.

Soldato
Hmm. The finale was mixed for me. I liked elements of it and liked the coming together of everyone at the very end. But I think the "twist" of the garbage people turning on them was just a twist for the sake of it and too unrealistic. In fact, that word would sum it all up for me...realism. This episode lost all sense of being believable - as believable as a zombie series can get anyway - in terms of the human fighting parts. I agree that too many times we see people with guns trained on them to survive. It's becoming like a (bad) bond film. It could have been done so much better.

Soldato
Yup hoping they cut back on the "king" talk for next season, it was cringe worthy his script.... Plus you can never tell what he is really thinking/feeling due to that stupid act he puts on....

Following his little conversation with Carol, I think that's part and parcel of his character. He is doing exactly that, playing the "character" that he thinks the people around him/need and want. I thought he said "fake it until you make it" He acknowledged that is a stupid "act" but it serves/served a purpose of uniting the group. He hid the transactions with the saviours from the group to protect them. Yeah, agreed the language he uses is slightly odd, but it's as nothing compared to the scavengers, who up to yet just don't fit-in at all with any of it, other than just bringing numbers to the game.

I think the whole of the next series will be a series of "tit for tat" skirmishes and a insight into who the scavengers are, why they dress like goths and talk like 3 year olds who are leaning the alphabet. I think the next series will be better, while this one has been about the breaking up of the group, the next one will all be about a united front. Apart from sneaky Gregory... :):)

Ricks death... I thought this was funny (Not a spoiler)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sitqPtSu5vI

Caporegime
Yup I get why he did at first but it is now time for him to drop the act and be serious about the situation they're in. If they are going to keep him acting like a king then at the very least, I hope they stop the heroic speeches etc. :p Heck he has one big bad ass tiger at his command to unite people :D

Caporegime
Hmm. The finale was mixed for me. I liked elements of it and liked the coming together of everyone at the very end. But I think the "twist" of the garbage people turning on them was just a twist for the sake of it and too unrealistic. In fact, that word would sum it all up for me...realism. This episode lost all sense of being believable - as believable as a zombie series can get anyway - in terms of the human fighting parts. I agree that too many times we see people with guns trained on them to survive. It's becoming like a (bad) bond film. It could have been done so much better.
The junkyard people don't feature in the comics and I think it's telling that they are terribly written. The TV show will be overtaking the comics next series or the one after at the latest so I expect it to go to pieces at that point.

Associate
Fairly sure if you watch the bit where Rosita gets shot it then pans over to Tara pointing and firing in her exact direction. It made it look like she shot her but I think someone just post production added gunfire to her gun when they shouldn't have :/

That episode felt more like a mid-season finale building up to an explosion second half of a season, rather than the season finale. I certainly saw Sasha's death coming and it was not badly handled. We also have two "spies" now in Negan's camp and I will be interested in seeing where this leads.

I found the Tiger scenes pretty good, reminded me of the Dire Wolves in Game of Thrones, but it is a surprise that no-one shot it. Also I didn't see the brain-damaged garbage people swapping sides coming, genuinely because it was stupid and felt forced.

Despite the flaws, there were interesting scenes such as the exchange between Rick and Negan and it will be interesting to see if next season pans out as well as I hoped this one would.

Soldato
That episode felt more like a mid-season finale building up to an explosion second half of a season, rather than the season finale. I certainly saw Sasha's death coming and it was not badly handled. We also have two "spies" now in Negan's camp and I will be interested in seeing where this leads.

I found the Tiger scenes pretty good, reminded me of the Dire Wolves in Game of Thrones, but it is a surprise that no-one shot it. Also I didn't see the brain-damaged garbage people swapping sides coming, genuinely because it was stupid and felt forced.

Despite the flaws, there were interesting scenes such as the exchange between Rick and Negan and it will be interesting to see if next season pans out as well as I hoped this one would.

Think you have the nub of it there, it didn't hold the intensity that it had following the executions by Negan. I think everyone was spoiled a little by last seasons finale, it was more akin to a mid-season swap-over. I think they went for the big battle finish, but "less is more" with a tighter focus on individuals would have worked better.

Same here, despite the odd "as-if" moment, and the "A-team esq" battle I still enjoyed it and I'm hopeful for next season as all the groups come together and the potential for Dwight to play his part. I wanted Eugene to come-good, but I suspect he's a dead man walking now.

I thought the Tiger scene was quite well done considering it's actually a bloke in a blue onsie diving in. :) (ignoring the fact it apparently knows the goodies from the baddies by sight)

Caporegime
i think you can allow for the tiger not being shot as it would be a proper WTF ??? a tiger moment.:D so i think you would kinda be a little surprised and with all the shooting going off a little slow to react.

Soldato
The whole season would have fitted into 3 or 4 episodes and been great. The middle 6 or 8 episodes were largely irrelevant. But still enjoyable.

It's just occurred to me that they have started to shift away from "reality gone zombie" to "reality gone sci-fi". It feels more like "Mad-Max beyond the Thunderdome" than "28days later".

Plus I get really annoyed by plot-failures. When Sasha was up in the tower with the sniper rifle. OK they were searching the building for zombies - JUST MOVE away and then come back 2 days later. They had the perfect vantage point to kill Neegan and cut the head of the snake.

I'm losing connection with the characters because I am losing contact with their reality - I can't identify with it anymore.

Will I watch the next series - for sure. Will I be as keen - not so much.

Soldato
I was hoping rick was just going to put a bullet in Eugenes head when he finished talking :(
Same. Well, i was hoping he'd use Lucille on him. I don't know if i have mentioned it before, but I really hate that character :p. I wanted them to defeat the saviours and then leave Eugene alone to fend for himself and as the camera pans out as they walk away a load of walkers start flooding in.

Not sure I'll bother with another season of this. Started off great, but turned into mediocre filler that lead to a rubbish finale. I can see next season being more of the same, but ending with the finale that should have happened this season.

Soldato
The season finale was weak, the second part of the season was weak too apart from like one or two episodes. I just hate when people keep shooting standing near each other and everyone just survives. I hope they are going to come up with some better ides in the future as the show is getting slowly boring.

Associate
Was really hoping for a more definitive ending regarding Negan and the Saviors. They could at least of left Negan with a serious injury. Next season will just be pussy footing around working towards yet another plan to kill Negan and the Saviors. They have already dragged this story line out too long.

Soldato
Was really hoping for a more definitive ending regarding Negan and the Saviors. They could at least of left Negan with a serious injury. Next season will just be pussy footing around working towards yet another plan to kill Negan and the Saviors. They have already dragged this story line out too long.

No i think it will be more brutal. Negan said they were going to war. Where Negan was just trying to keep control last series, he'll be all out ready to kill the next one. Except this time his enemies have guns and will be fighting back. I reckon it will be quite bloody.

Associate
No i think it will be more brutal. Negan said they were going to war. Where Negan was just trying to keep control last series, he'll be all out ready to kill the next one. Except this time his enemies have guns and will be fighting back. I reckon it will be quite bloody.

I agree to a degree but i still think there will be a lot of pussy footing around before anything good happens. The whole season will not be running battles between the two. i would be very surprised if more than 3 episodes had some decent action in them.

Back
Top Bottom