US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Soldato
I’m finished with this show.

I saved up about 4 episodes to binge watch up to mid season hoping it would improve but it really hasn’t. Such a poor mid season break I can’t even be bothered to list them.

I always resisted reading the comics as I enjoyed the show, I’m just going to read them now instead.

Soldato
Ok, so what is with this season, Neegan could have been killed atleast 2 times so far easily... One time Rick had a clear shot & the other he had his barb wired bat beating Neegan with it, kind of made me mad really...

I haven't read the comics but I know Carl is one of, if not the main character later down the lines (I know the show likes to move away from certain comic stories) this has annoyed most of the fan base that they are happily keeping characters no one cares about around or the money maker that is Daryll.

Strange when shows do that...

Last edited:
Soldato
So much buildup about Karl and then have the critical stuff happening off screen....a total waste of a character and buildup...very much damp squid reveal.

Also last few episodes have been taking cues from Got regarding timey wimey stuff because it's all over the place. Did Eugene just do his one man A team moment off camera to manufacture the tons of bullets they would need??? Lol srsly Eugene is gone anyway....very annoying character...too many betrayals bud.... so many idiotic actions from supposedly smart people.

As usual Rick is Mia from a lot of the episodes...same with Michonne and Daryl. Too many crappy characters getting screentime...

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Finally got round to watching ep 8 last night. Didn't understand half of what was going on but best part was Carl being bitten, about time he's gone from the show.

Soldato
Didn't understand half of what was going on
me neither, at least with streaming on nowtv the blackness of most of the scenes meant it was even hard to see
am reading the telegraph catchup since I can't be bothered watching it again - the telepgraph don't have a what was the point paragraph summarising this one

Associate
me neither, at least with streaming on nowtv the blackness of most of the scenes meant it was even hard to see
am reading the telegraph catchup since I can't be bothered watching it again - the telepgraph don't have a what was the point paragraph summarising this one

Yeah has nowtv got worse for streaming of late, found the last few walking dead’s really poor clarity?

Soldato
Did Eugene just do his one man A team moment off camera to manufacture the tons of bullets they would need??? Lol srsly Eugene is gone anyway....very annoying character...too many betrayals bud.... so many idiotic actions from supposedly smart people.

Ya, like all the zombies around the sanctuary were killed, sure... Eugene is a double crossing jerk, Neegen keeps magically getting away, lets count them Rick had a clear shot at him with a gone & he had Neegens bat beating him, both missed ops...

Associate
Just got round to watching the last few episodes. Had actual rage at the incompetence and lack of logic in so much of it!

So, none of the snipers watching the sanctuary bother to report the fact there's a huge amount of gunfire coming from there?
The Sanctuary suddenly had enough bullets to get rid of large amounts of the horde and lead the rest away?
None of the towns, Alexandria or Kingdom have people watching approaches or guards on wall capable of giving warnings?
Yet again, Neegan and his mobs are able to stand outside the gates with no cover where literally one person with an assault rifle would turn them into swiss cheese.
The heavily armed Hilltop convoy just watch the smaller number of vehicles pull up, allow the saviours to jump out and just take their rifles off them??!?!?!?!? w the actual f?
The saviours allow the hilltop to just head on home without putting guards in with them?!
The King chap is "worth more than the rest of them together"? What? Than all the people in his Kingdom?! What!?

I just don't get it. This show must have a huge budget. Has a lot of talented people working on it etc. How can the people at the reins just get so much simple stuff wrong?!

They need less episodes a season and someone with some common sense to storyboard their episodes with decent directors who know how to film action scenes involving guns. Or just get rid of the guns entirely.

Soldato
So, none of the snipers watching the sanctuary bother to report the fact there's a huge amount of gunfire coming from there?

Think the problem is the communications. They were trying to keep everything on the DL hence why at certain stages they were passing notes left in certain locations to keep radio silence.

The Sanctuary suddenly had enough bullets to get rid of large amounts of the horde and lead the rest away?

Eugene made them. He came up with the plan. If they had the machinery and materials he could make them. Unfortunately the timeline wasn't clear so it looks like he manifested them out of his mulleted butt.

None of the towns, Alexandria or Kingdom have people watching approaches or guards on wall capable of giving warnings?

Well i took this as the group had been a little complacent and they thought they had them trapped so they were not expecting them and as a consequence were taken by surprise.

Yet again, Neegan and his mobs are able to stand outside the gates with no cover where literally one person with an assault rifle would turn them into swiss cheese.

Wouldn't be good TV would it now.. ;)

The heavily armed Hilltop convoy just watch the smaller number of vehicles pull up, allow the saviours to jump out and just take their rifles off them??!?!?!?!? w the actual f?

Again they were complacent and got taken by surprise.

The saviours allow the hilltop to just head on home without putting guards in with them?!

I think they had made their point so didn't need to.

The King chap is "worth more than the rest of them together"? What? Than all the people in his Kingdom?! What!?

Maybe his leadership and ability to bring people together to survive trump the others. They certainly believed it enough to die for it.

Anyway, just my take on it these points.

Soldato
I give up watching the talking dead too, no matter how poor the episodes are, the host and the guests are so far up the casts arse that they can’t say a bad word about it.

They just praise it every week.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Showrunner got fired before next season, there is still (tiny) hope for this phoenix.

When I say fired, I mean - they actually promoted that numpt to run the entire franchise including the Fear of The Walking Dead. So, yeah, probably time to jump the ship...

Associate
After I stopped watching this after episode 1 of this season I am truly baffled why I stuck with it for so long, just about anything is better than TWD. ,well maybe not Corrie or EastEnders that is

Man of Honour
I still haven't watched the finale of season 8 yet - just can't bring myself to LOL - so much tripe in the last episode I did watch I'd feel stupid watching it :s gonna give whatever comes out next of FTWD a try but I can't see myself returning to TWD short of a completely fundamental shake up.

Soldato
Can’t remember if I bothered watching all the episodes :o. It kills me when shows just aim to go on and on... it just ends up being less good than it could be, then going down hill. I wish they’d craft a story arc and end up with something they’d be proud of.

I think of eg. Breaking Bad. Obviously it’s not universally liked, but it’s a top notch show where they told a story and ended up with something thought of as a classic. No one’s ever going to look back at the Walking Dead and think of it in those terms... at best it’ll be something that started out well, then meandered down a mediocre path until it died. How depressing.

I’ve heard season 16 is meant to be a right corker!

Soldato
Not the best start for the second half of the show, I think that goes down as the longest death scene certainly in TWD if not any show?

Wonder what will happen now with Maggie being off the show due to a pay issue, not that she's been important to the plot this season.

Back
Top Bottom