US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Soldato
Given up on The Walking Dead..

Only well acted characters with any depth or intrigue are Daryl, Rick, Maggie, Carol & Morgan.. Most of which never share scenes anymore..

Boring stale TV that has me cringing 90% of the time, had a good run.. but its done.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Its not just the acting I have a gripe with but the screenplay and dialogue. It is cringing at times. The whole Michonne and Rick thing as well. It feels awkward and forced.

Biggest mistake is Negan and his head honchoes just brazenly walk out into the open without a care in the world and not one person sniped or shot them?

Soldato
LOL The Tiger CG Was laughable.. Maybe they spent all the budget on blanks :D Anyway for saying that the tiger had just bitten someones head clean off he was incredibly clean in the very next scene.. :p

Oh and that woman is faster than Oliver Queen..

Permabanned
It truly is an awful show nowadays and has been for several seasons, yet for some stupid reason I still download and watch it... out of habit and the need to see something through to the end no matter how crap it becomes.

Season 1 was good (Pilot was genuinely brilliant) but its been downhill since then and the script/dialogue is jaw dropingly cringey at times. So much so they have managed to make great actors look like bad actors (Chad Coleman and Seth Gillam both brilliant in "The Wire").

Also it has the most stupid shootout scenes I've seen in a long time.

Associate
I usually only renew NowTV when TWD comes round again, and with the more recent seasons I was only really watching it because I'd been with it since the pilot.

This time I'd put it off as we were getting through Stranger Things first, but having seen a few headlines in my news feed and reading a few comments here, I wonder if it's time to make a clean break and forget about it?

Soldato
I usually only renew NowTV when TWD comes round again, and with the more recent seasons I was only really watching it because I'd been with it since the pilot.

This time I'd put it off as we were getting through Stranger Things first, but having seen a few headlines in my news feed and reading a few comments here, I wonder if it's time to make a clean break and forget about it?

To be honest I'd just watch it and make your own mind up. The show has it's faults but personally I'd still give it an hour of my time compared to some of the other dross that is aired. I hear and sort of agree that the show lacks realism in more than a few of the fight scenes. But we've been watching TV shows for years the cops hiding behind car doors that are bullet proof, missing at point blank and making the impossible shot at the end of the show.

Ep 1 was all over the place, but deliberately so as much as anything. Ep 2 started to put the jigsaw together and had better pace. The show need some new characters with plausible back stories to drive it on. While I enjoy Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal of "Negan" as the ultimate baddie. The character is pretty rubbish with no substance to him other than being crazy as a box of frogs at the same time as being a charismatic sadist.

Is it as good as it was? Dunno... Is it worth sticking with? For now I'd say yes.

Soldato
I’m hoping ezekial goes soon, I’m sick of the king bs now.

Also in episode 2 they are shooting people in the head from 20ft away while walking but couldn’t hit negan when stood still :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I think what I find boring is the locations as well.

Part of the fun when it started out was the horror of the outbreak related to everyday life. There is now no concept of any type of reality to relate to. It's more like a sci-fi shooter that could be set on another planet.

Soldato
I think what I find boring is the locations as well.

Part of the fun when it started out was the horror of the outbreak related to everyday life. There is now no concept of any type of reality to relate to. It's more like a sci-fi shooter that could be set on another planet.

LOL, they don't appear to have any seasons either. That said I think it's supposed to be set in Atlanta and I'm not sure whether they have severe winters or not??

Permabanned
They moved from Atlanta ages ago. Now they're around Alexandria in Virginia, near DC, closer to New York than Atlanta. Yeah, I would like to see a snowy winter.

And I posted after the first episode that I'll not be watching the rest until the show season is finished, and I'm sticking to my word. Just popped in.

Soldato
It truly is an awful show nowadays and has been for several seasons, yet for some stupid reason I still download and watch it... out of habit and the need to see something through to the end no matter how crap it becomes.

Season 1 was good (Pilot was genuinely brilliant) but its been downhill since then and the script/dialogue is jaw dropingly cringey at times. So much so they have managed to make great actors look like bad actors (Chad Coleman and Seth Gillam both brilliant in "The Wire").

Also it has the most stupid shootout scenes I've seen in a long time.
I agree the first few seasons were incredible and you actually cared about the characters but now it’s just annoying how all the same “main” characters get out of the most ridiculous situations unscathed.
Like all popular American tv shows they never know when to quit. They drag them on far too long because it earns them lots of money and they end up destroying the quality and legacy of the show.
Another prime example of that was Lost. Started out epic then became an absolute farce

Soldato
worst one of the season and that's saying something

i am so lost on plot, location, characters, is maggie pregnant,. the polaroids, morgan and jesus

just what?!

Permabanned
Like all popular American tv shows they never know when to quit. They drag them on far too long because it earns them lots of money and they end up destroying the quality and legacy of the show.
Another prime example of that was Lost. Started out epic then became an absolute farce

It's certainly a trend that happens a lot, driven by greed no doubt, but I disagree that all popular American TV shows succumb to it. I wouldn't say The Wire, The Sopranos, The Shield, etc. became farces.

Man of Honour
Highlight of the episode was seeing that Rick went back and got the baby.

It’s starting to become dross. I’ve supported it right up until last episode but these last two episodes have been all over the place

Associate
don't know where to start really. so poor.

i'm not sure what's going on anymore. why was half the group ..... i don't even. find a tiger? find ammo? ask them to surrender?

pretty sure the dead bloke next to morgan blinked. i understand that most of the survivors wouldn't be combat trianed but **** me, they're under attack one blokw still sat in his chair and people walking round like it was a sunday morning and opening doors like they were at home

and darrell and his cross bow is really annoying now. use a gun you macho ****

if the dreadlock guy had burst into speach towards the end. i was going to switch it off!

Hah wait till you see the start of EP3

Associate
Daryl just headshotting everyone Rick trying to reason with, taking no crap lol. I thought Rick would have expressed some annoyance to the one at the end.

Caporegime
haha best comedy show of 2017 upto yet.just needs to add ricky gervais to complete this utter farce lol.

almost broken people in group to now the most awesome killing squad since hitler.wtf ! everyone has a machine guns just blazing full auto killing anything that moves.king rasta just chatting bs and smiling.driving me wild ! :p please just kill him.get back to somekind of reasonable plot already.

i get what they trying to show.the killers of the people they hate they are becoming.thats obvious but the jump from being stomped on to absolute sas style skills of everyone is comedy gold.its like a 13 year old is running the show now.

Back
Top Bottom