US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Caporegime
They need someone to ask simple logical questions during filming like.. after his squad was mowed down by a cannon why did King Ezekiel decide to sit around shouting and firing guns where they were all killed? and why didn't he draw any attention to himself and get shot? Also, why didn't the huge guy with the 2H axe pick him up and carry him instead of complaining about slow he is hobbling around? Also, Rick driving head on towards a guy with a machine gun and not even ducking, as if you would.

It just seems to have become a series of badly thought out time filling scenes that add nothing of substance to the story now. In the earlier seasons meeting and taking out Negan's gang would have happened in the space of a season and the gang would have moved onto another interesting storyline but it's been drawn out for multiple seasons now with lots of nonsense scenes.

Permabanned
^ I disagree with the "meeting and taking out Negan's gang [...] in the space of a season". Negan is bigger than that in the comics. I think it should be half a season for meeting Negan and being under his control, the other half to make alliances and begin to resist but suffer setbacks, a final half for the war, and then another half and beyond for other content that I won't spoil for non-comic readers. I would like that if it was handled well - but yeah, the creators are badly mishandling it.

Last edited:
Soldato
They need someone to ask simple logical questions during filming like.. after his squad was mowed down by a cannon why did King Ezekiel decide to sit around shouting and firing guns where they were all killed? and why didn't he draw any attention to himself and get shot? Also, why didn't the huge guy with the 2H axe pick him up and carry him instead of complaining about slow he is hobbling around? Also, Rick driving head on towards a guy with a machine gun and not even ducking, as if you would.

I thought the ep was better but the scenes with the .50cal machine guns were completely inconsistent. One min they have mowed down a load of people blasting big chunks out of them from about 50-100 meters away then Rick and Darryl were less than 20-30m away and there were only small bullet holes in the jeep/bike..

Associate
and there were only small bullet holes in the jeep/bike..

...for those bullets that didn't inexplicably miss. The gunplay in season 8 has just been abysmal, from the sounds to the actions not even cycling etc. I never remember it being this bad in the previous seasons. (The more I think about it the more I imagine them filming the episodes with the actors shouting "bang", "rat-tat-tat-tat" like when you were kids).

Soldato
Just watched the latest episode. oh my this season has been laughable! What the hell has happened? Have they changed writers or directors? It’s like a comedy every episode has just been so fake and far fetched it’s a joke.
When carol was behind that truck and they were all shooting at her she would not have survived that. And then Ric and Darrel dodging shots from that guy in the truck with a machine gun 6ft away. :rolleyes:
And don’t get me started on “the king” and his tiger. How did that get killed by the walkers :confused:
Are we going to see a zombie tiger next week that knows to only attack bad people?

Caporegime
Didn't the writers of this series claim a while back it could go on for another 10 years or something to that effect? Its hardly surprising with how they construct episodes, you get one episode then 3 or 4 following it looking at the first episode from different angles. As if anyone actually gave a ****.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Oh my god, that last episode.... I honestly cannot recall a TV show EVER to start the season with a major shootout then continue for the next several episodes with non stop action and bullets flying and yet NOTHING HAPPENS. You just struggle to stay awake or try not to damage your jaw from constant yawning.

Soldato
Has it even been acknowledged were they got all these guns and ammo from because didn’t Negan and his crew take everything they had throughout last season including the last episode when the gang who live in the scrapyard who they thought were helping them turned on them and revealed they were Negan and proceeded to take whatever weapons they had left from them so they literally had nothing :confused:

Associate
I felt more for the death in this episode than any of the main characters in recent seasons.
I thought the same thing. The 3 of them spent so much time standing and talking about leaving/not leaving the King behind that they could have carried him up that little hill 5 times. No way rotten corpses could get through a tigers hide lol.

Soldato
This has become a parody now.

Seeing a bunch of people i dont know or care about shoot millions of bullets and miss is the most pointless rubbish i've ever seen!

And that 50 cal, doing a few bullet holes in the jeep BAAAHAHA. Joke..... the whole season is an absolute JOKE!

This has to be one of the worst shows on TV atm!

Caporegime
Has it even been acknowledged were they got all these guns and ammo from because didn’t Negan and his crew take everything they had throughout last season including the last episode when the gang who live in the scrapyard who they thought were helping them turned on them and revealed they were Negan and proceeded to take whatever weapons they had left from them so they literally had nothing :confused:
It makes no sense. There was a brief mention of Eugene having figured out how to make bullets but then all of a sudden he had gone over to Negan's lot. In the comics he stuck with Rick's lot and made loads of bullets for them.

I guess the writers decided last minute to send him over to Negan but overlooked the fact that it was quite useful having him on hand to make bullets so just magicked a bunch up from somewhere.

Anyway. I'm not even watching this now. I watched the first episode and it was rubbish, and I've checked in here each week to see whether I'm missing anything and it seems I'm definitely not.

Caporegime
"I don't like thing, but I'll keep following thing and making sure people are aware I don't like thing."
Whatever.

I'm not following it. I'm not watching it. I'm sticking my head in here once a week to see whether all of a sudden someone is going "PHEW, those first few episodes were rubbish, but at last it's back on track!"

I don't want to miss it if it's good, but I don't want to waste my time if it's not. For the sake of a few minutes scanning comments in here I can see whether I should get back to it.

Soldato
It makes no sense. There was a brief mention of Eugene having figured out how to make bullets but then all of a sudden he had gone over to Negan's lot. In the comics he stuck with Rick's lot and made loads of bullets for them.

I guess the writers decided last minute to send him over to Negan but overlooked the fact that it was quite useful having him on hand to make bullets so just magicked a bunch up from somewhere.

Anyway. I'm not even watching this now. I watched the first episode and it was rubbish, and I've checked in here each week to see whether I'm missing anything and it seems I'm definitely not.
Absolutely forgot about Eugene, he's still alive right?

Soldato
I’m waiting to see how Negan is going to get out of the container that the priest “who had a gun” was in when he went strolling over to him with his trusty baseball bat. All he has to do is shoot Negan but no doubt he will get out somehow. Surprised they have not got back to this it was at the end of episode 1 was it not?

Soldato
I’m waiting to see how Negan is going to get out of the container that the priest “who had a gun” was in when he went strolling over to him with his trusty baseball bat. All he has to do is shoot Negan but no doubt he will get out somehow. Surprised they have not got back to this it was at the end of episode 1 was it not?

"Fan theory" has it that Father Gabriel looks like he's still alive because he's Negan's insider. It was mentioned a few episodes back that Negan knew they were planning something. Be interesting to see what happens with Eugene, he's one of the more interesting characters.

Overall I think the last episode was better than the first 3. Apart from the head to head battles being really poorly done the show has just lost it narrative with all the bouncing back and forth between characters on the run up to the major Negan scene. I've followed the show from the beginning, but the first 3 episodes of series 8 have been a bit pish really. It's almost as though it's a completely different set or writers. Any show that's based in a world where there's been a zombie apocalypse requires you to suspend your disbelief and use your imagination to some extent, but some of the fire-fights have been absolutely dire this season. How a guy on the rear of a truck with a .50 cal machine gun can miss a bloke on a following motorbike beggars belief. Let alone the bloke on the motorbike then manages to shoot him with a handgun while dodging said bullets. That was a deffo a 70's "A Team" moment. Sad to see the Tiger go out with a whimper and not a bang. I guess CG is too expensive to continue for a season.

Back
Top Bottom