Theresa May to create new internet that would be controlled and regulated by government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
People finally realising what's happening just break my heart, It's good that people are realising, but the saddening thing is it's now too late. Should have had this discussion 5 years ago when I warned everyone what's happening.

Soldato
Having lived through all the cold war propaganda, I believe that maybe 10-20% of what I read in the press may conceivably be an approximation of the truth as seen by the writer. The remainder could contain a grain of reality surrounded by supposition and bias.

So no difference really.

Well, the difference is that during the cold war, there wasn't a global platform where millions of people (including those living through the events) could all share their knowledge & experiences, uncensored and unfiltered.

Obviously everyone is biased, but if you read enough accounts from a range of differing viewpoints, you can get to a close approximation of a neutral account.

So yes, you're right, as far as the media/press is concerned, not a lot has changed, however looking at the bigger picture, it's completely different (which is exactly what TM is trying to reverse)

Soldato
Well, the difference is that during the cold war, there wasn't a global platform where millions of people (including those living through the events) could all share their knowledge & experiences, uncensored and unfiltered.

Obviously everyone is biased, but if you read enough accounts from a range of differing viewpoints, you can get to a close approximation of a neutral account.

So yes, you're right, as far as the media/press is concerned, not a lot has changed, however looking at the bigger picture, it's completely different (which is exactly what TM is trying to reverse)

As much as i agree with your post, i will also add that it has never been easier to spread 'fashionable' misinformation. Despite it being easier than ever to obtain several viewpoints on the same events or subjects, all too often do people stop at the first one that they want to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom