ThermalRight Silver Arrow S-BE on Modern Sockets?

Soldato
Hi all, I'm pondering pulling the trigger on a 12600k based build, but I'm debating over the CPU cooler. I have a Silver Arrow SB-E cooler from my old (current) 3570k 1155 socket build, and I was wondering if I could reuse it if I had newer brackets etc. These kits always seemed very similar to the Noctua D15, a design that's still going, so I was curious. Would be nice to save the dosh!

If not, what recommendations would you suggest? I'm already looking at the D15 in black.

Soldato
OP
For the sake of knowing the new stuff can fit straight on I'll probably just go with a newer Noctua kit.
I did think about watercooling, but I still get (probably unfounded) heebie jeebies about water in a PC case haha

Man of Honour
For the sake of knowing the new stuff can fit straight on I'll probably just go with a newer Noctua kit.
I did think about watercooling, but I still get (probably unfounded) heebie jeebies about water in a PC case haha
Lol.

A lot of coolers although state lga 1700 compatable but do not come with the correct backplate to mount the cooler and have to be ordered from the manufacturers website or purchase one. I would check this out before purchase.

There are some great watercoolers that can best the top air coolers but if your unsure then maybe stick with air.

I have a watercooler been solid for the past 6 years.

Associate
Thermalright have a new bracket for it - LGA1700-B1.

When I got an AM4 compatible universal mount for an AXP-140 I went through the Thermalright Germany support email as they don't seem to have any UK distribution. You can often find the kits on eBay from time to time, but will likely be paying a premium.

Man of Honour
Thermalright have a new bracket for it - LGA1700-B1.

When I got an AM4 compatible universal mount for an AXP-140 I went through the Thermalright Germany support email as they don't seem to have any UK distribution. You can often find the kits on eBay from time to time, but will likely be paying a premium.
Nice find.

@TehBluebear

Back
Top Bottom