Thermaltake Big Water 745?

Caporegime
Thermaltake Bigwater 754? - *First Watercooling setup

I've been looking at some basic watercooling kits to start me off and noticed this offering from Thermaltake.

Just wondering if there would be an opportunity for expansion later on with this like GFX cooling?

Also, has anyone got any comments to make about this?

It will be cooling an E6600 and will need to fit an NZXT Lexa Blackline case.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had one of these to introduce me to watercooling...and I will just say, don't bother.

Cooling is not as bad as some people make it out to be, it doesn't perform worse than high-end air.... but it's just a crapola kit basically and you don't want it!

If you want to get into watercooling piece together a custom kit...it's not as hard as you might think.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been looking at some basic watercooling kits to start me off and noticed this offering from Thermaltake.

Just wondering if there would be an opportunity for expansion later on with this like GFX cooling?

Don't get thermaltake! All the hassle of water-cooling with cooling performance worse than high end air cooling. It sounds like you're on a budget, so you'd do better to either try and get very cheap second hand watercooling bits or just stick with air cooling.

Caporegime
OP
I had one of these to introduce me to watercooling...and I will just say, don't bother.

Cooling is not as bad as some people make it out to be, but it's just a crapola kit basically and you don't want it!

If you want to get into watercooling piece together a custom kit...it's not as hard as you might think.

A custom kit really isn't on the cards as I have neither the money nor the patience to carry it out :p

When I go to do something myself I keep seeing things I can add but don't need, raising the cost. At least with a kit, it's a fixed price. :D

Could you suggest a good basic CPU watercooling kit?

Soldato

There's a load of good reviews for it if you search (on google), you'd probably need to upgrade the pump if you're looking to cool extra components though.

Soldato
The Swiftech H20-220 compact kit is about 110-120 quid and not a bad kit. But if you want to expand on to cool the GFX later on I'm not sure if the pump can handle it.

There are quite a few good air coolers out there you know, a fraction of the cost.

I have the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 and it cools pretty darn well for how much it cost me.

Soldato
A custom kit really isn't on the cards as I have neither the money nor the patience to carry it out :p

When I go to do something myself I keep seeing things I can add but don't need, raising the cost. At least with a kit, it's a fixed price. :D

Could you suggest a good basic CPU watercooling kit?

I'm going to be putting lots of cheap watercooling bits up for sale in members market later today if you're interested. :)

Soldato
yeah might as well do it all at once.....dont bother with the RAM though...its just for looks really.

A few suggestions on what to look for:

pump--laing DDC 10w, 18w, or D5
radiator --thermochill PA120.2 or PA120.3 (if you have space)
CPU block --Dtek fuzion or EK Supreme
GPU block --anything really....something like a maze4 would be nice since its barely restrictive at all

Caporegime
OP
I'll take a pic of my case when I get home to show where everything will fit. I'm guessing the Blackline was built with WC in mind as it has two holes in the back for tubing.

Caporegime
OP
OK, no worries. Just picked up thermal paste from the local PC place so will finally install the CPU and post the pics of the case to see if all will fit. :)

Associate
speaking from experience, a friend of myne got one of these and a week laters the perspex block leaked wiping out his pc

Back
Top Bottom