Thermaltake LANBOX VF1000SWA

Associate
I recently purchased a Thermaltake LANBOX VF1000SWA for my parts to sit inside.... I must say its a very nice case indeed hosting my Phenom, an ATI 4870 2 drives etc etc. I am however a little concerned about the kind of heat this thing is throwing at me, I run it on my desk and the thing is pretty much as hot as a radiator. My CPU temp (AMD Phenom 9500 AM2+) is at 60-65 degrees idle rising to as much as 70-72 on load (@2.4ghz; 200mhz o.c) while my HD4870 idles at around 70 degrees and goes to as much as 90 on load. Does anybody have experience with this case? How to cool it?

I am using a 3rd party CPU cooler (i have no idea what manufacturer) although by the looks of it i doubt it is much better than the stock cooler. There is 2x TT 60mm fans just above where the motherboard lies on the back and a 80mm blue LED fan on the front (these 3 fans came with the lanbox itself).

Due to the position of the power supply (ColorsIT 750Watt Duel Rail Cheapo PSU) I doubt I have much clearance for a mahusive CPU HS/Fan however again if anybody has experience with this case and can recommend a competent CPU cooling package.

I wanted this case for the portability and general versatility however I don't want to compromise my parts going BOOM! : )

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
I had this case for a while but sadly I used it with a socket 775 setup and a low profile artic cooling and my temps were fine, that was with using stock cooling. Your gpu temps are nothing scary to be honest, but I wouldn't like them to get any higher which will probably happen with age. So suggest just regulary cleaning the machine.

Possibly something like this would be a good cooler for the case, but I can't remember the exact height of cooler you can fit in.

Soldato
I looked into this case but found the problems you're having - sadly it's a poorly ventilated case and high temps are a side effect of that.

Top Bottom