Thing tgat make you go hmmm

It's obvious the 16 year old has been paid to take the fall. I hope he's just been arrested so that they can follow the chain to right people
I hope the same and he admits who actually undertook the work.
Not too mention there is further issues with this too, what is a 16 yr old doing working outside typical social working hours? Using bladed equipment in the dead of night? Was he working alone? X Y Z.

Not just the felling of the tree here but other concerns should hopefully find its way back to the company who has done this.

Staffordshire Crooked House: Owners of wonky pub ordered to rebuild

Amazed I was able to find this stupidly named thread.
Simple, just claim the site was ransacked and barely anything remains.. the amount of people on the site grabbing souvenirs and flogging things was nuts (https://www.expressandstar.com/news...se-rubble-by-looters-up-for-sale-on-facebook/)

aXIz2Ujl.jpg

Glad the owners have not got away with this, shockingly brazen (assuming found guilty, it's not concluded yet, but I think I'm safe in assuming its a done deal)..

I suspect this is going to be very expensive for the owners, and probably the exact opposite of what they were expecting to happen when the building just happened to burn down without the fire service being able to gain access, and then happened to just have the demolition team available within a couple of days to knock it down before any investigation or survey could be done by third parties such as the council.

I am now wondering if they had bothered to get insurance on it*, and if so will the insurance company actually pay out for a complete rebuild given the demolition wasn't ordered or authorised by the council and the insurance company wouldn't have had a chance to assess the damage to decide if it was more economically viable in the event of a claim to repair or rebuild (we all know that insurance companies just love it when you don't follow their standard claims procedures).

*I can think of a couple of reasons a developer who didn't care about/want a building might have not got any insurance on it, the first being that they didn't care if it say burned down, the other being that insurance companies tend to look at potential arson very carefully before considering paying out.

Bloody right an’all. Disgusting the way they behaved. Can’t stand the way some people just think they can ride roughshod over our history to make a few quid. To me it’s just as bad as criminals who loot historic sites.

It says they have to comply to the notice within 3 years, I hope they get whalloped with a custodial sentence if they don't finish the rebuild by then.

Also what happens if they just declare bankruptcy?

I have a feeling this place won't get rebuilt and the owners will likely get away with it in one way or another.

It says they have to comply to the notice within 3 years, I hope they get whalloped with a custodial sentence if they don't finish the rebuild by then.

Also what happens if they just declare bankruptcy?

I have a feeling this place won't get rebuilt and the owners will likely get away with it in one way or another.

One of my Builder mates who owns a big firm responded to this on Facebook going through all the things that will/should happen and he reckons it will be years before anything happens one way or the other.

Police are treating it as arson and Mayor Andy Burnham has called for it to be rebuilt brick for brick and any application for change of use to be blocked by the council. Meanwhile the director of teh company that bought the site no-one has been able to comtact for comment her name and facebook picture has been published though. Haha.Hahahaha.
He can call for it all he likes. It wont pass building control.

Seen that the council demands it...
However, good luck finding a builder who will be happy to build it against building control.

It wont be insurable or Mortgageable in the future.

It simply won't happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom