think i might need a new printer....

Soldato
so the past few years i've been running an epson wf3620, it's done ok although a bit hungry on the old ink cartridges.

thing is it's decided to throw up an 0xf3 error which seems to indicate something big's gone in it. i've had her apart (well as far apart as you can reasonably take anything these days) and given it a good clean, everything seems kosher, print head moves no problem no jams everything seems to be in order.

tried resetting her (who the hell thought it was a good idea getting you to hold down a button for 2 minutes when 20s would do?) but nothing.

so probably gonna have to replace here and figured instead of just bailing to the place that shall not be named (or can it be named? ocuk don't sell printers so it doesn't count?) and grabbing the cheapest one that'll fit my needs i'd ask here.

pretty much as long as it's lan capable (ethernet is available), does automatic double sided printing/scanning and doesn't cost a fortune to run then i'm happy.

Soldato
OP
Does need to be color? i have a got a Black and white Brother laser printer, very good, and no sucking up loads of cartridges

yeah it needs colour sadly.

I've had my Brother DCP-9020CDW for a long time now. Very pleased with it, but it's no good for photos.

don't print photos on a regular basis so could live with that, what's it like in terms of ink cartridge life/cost?

Back
Top Bottom