Think the weather's grim? Get used to it.

Capodecina
Soldato
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/weather/article2013348.ece

The heavy rain that spoilt May and June looks set to stay for the rest of summer, Met Office research suggests.

Cooler sea temperatures in the Pacific Ocean prompted by the La Niña weather system, sister to El Niño, have been identified as the likely cause of summer depressions sweeping across Northern Europe.

Can I just say - excellent!

Soldato
Love the comment in the "have your say" box at the bottom of the article..

Yes I do agree. The wet weather is here to stay. Good job im going abroad in September. Get some sun at least.

Permabanned
Don't mind if it pees down... it'll keep the scrotes off the streets in the school holidays!

EDIT: Stops my suffering as well (hay fever)

Caporegime
J.T said:
Should the cool weather not be countered by the Global warming :confused:

Myth. Global Warming does NOT mean that everywhere gets much hotter weather, just that the globe as a whole gains 1ºc or so on average.

Our weather could get considerably worse.

This is all assuming you believe in the whole "global warming" hype anyway. I'm of the belief that this is just a weather cycle, it has happened before, it WILL happen again.

Man of Honour
Shame really, it's a real pain to keep the car clean in this sort of weather and it makes spending a few days polishing far less rewarding when you don't get to admire the fruits your labour for more than a day at the time. Was looking forward to a pleasant 2 months off over Summer :(

Man of Honour
paradigm said:
This is all assuming you believe in the whole "global warming" hype anyway. I'm of the belief that this is just a weather cycle, it has happened before, it WILL happen again.
Weather cycle or not it is global warming :)

I agree with you btw, but global warming is still global warming.

Man of Honour
I apologise, it's my fault. I made a point of buying a new car with working air conditioning, and air conditioning for the house in preparation for the summer.

Sorry everyone :(

Man of Honour
Dolph said:
I apologise, it's my fault. I made a point of buying a new car with working air conditioning, and air conditioning for the house in preparation for the summer.

Sorry everyone :(
You'll still need it. Its nice and rainy but its still too warm.

Back
Top Bottom