Thinking about a Mini Cooper S Countryman

Soldato
OP
geekman, i know but getting around the back streets in the cayenne is such a pain, parking is a bigger issue as the street I park on is so narrow

Congratulations on the baby! Hope you’re all doing well! With all the associated baby clobber, our Sportage (reverse tardis) struggles with weekends away. If it’s your only car make sure it’s got a big boot whatever you end up going for!

Also, make sure you get out to all those restaurants while your little one is still little and will sleep out and about!

Thank you, im just so tired and working 13h shifts in ITU then having a crying baby all night is a nightmare.

Picked up the car int he end, I figured that is had a warranty for 18 months, its a nice little car actually.

Caporegime
bmw i3?

mini's have all the running costs of a bmw with none of the upsides. they also have a lot of issues. maybe newer models using bmw engines are better. but they all have turbos and superchargers if you want anything "fun". i'd stay away from mini tbh.

the new toyota hybrid looks ace. the small suv crossover type. look into that if you don't like the look of an i3.

Caporegime
bmw i3?

mini's have all the running costs of a bmw with none of the upsides. they also have a lot of issues. maybe newer models using bmw engines are better. but they all have turbos and superchargers if you want anything "fun". i'd stay away from mini tbh.

the new toyota hybrid looks ace. the small suv crossover type. look into that if you don't like the look of an i3.
An i3 is stupid idea. You can’t even get in the back without the front passengers undoing their seat belts. Plus they are tiny.

He wants a smaller car not a tiny one

Caporegime
An i3 is stupid idea. You can’t even get in the back without the front passengers undoing their seat belts. Plus they are tiny.

He wants a smaller car not a tiny one

he is also in london. so ideally an electric or hybrid to avoid the congestion charges would be better no?

also help him fit into the little parking on offer.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
By who? Jeep is a brand. I’ve never known anyone call a generic SUV a Jeep.

I have. It was quite a common term to use when I was younger, a bit like using "hoover".
If anything, the term SUV was pretty much the term that has mostly replaced it.

I'm still confused how "sport" ended up in something that typically describes a mobile lump of lard that is worse in nearly every way than most estate cars, with the exception of it's off road capabilities, that are unused for 95% of users and gradually being dilated for the newer versions.

Soldato
Wife looked at these before opting for a Mustang (yah similar cars! :p), originally interested in the Countryman for the larger boot space but in reality very little difference to the Clubman which had a much nicer driving position and feel. Had a Clubman Cooper S for a 48 hour test drive and it was a lovely car, drove well, very comfortable and capable at speed just lacked that excitement of the what we remembered Minis being like (she had a standard cooper a good number of years back).

My advice would be regardless of buying new/used get down to your local Mini dealership and arrange one of these long test drives.

Back
Top Bottom