Thinking about buying a secretlabs..

Man of Honour
Again much appreciated thank you, I'm seriously contemplating the change myself but it's a lot money, I definitely don't want used I just want to find a chair that ends the back pain it's just a massive shame there isn't a place you can go to try the whole range out
Herman Miller allow free and no questions asked returns.

I've been banging the drum on here until blue in the face about just how bad all these gaming chair are. Mostly ignored though. :cry:

Soldato
Herman Miller allow free and no questions asked returns.

I've been banging the drum on here until blue in the face about just how bad all these gaming chair are. Mostly ignored though. :cry:

Fair play, which one do you have, why did you get it and how is it for you?

I'm not sure the secret labs chairs are quite as gamery as some of the others, it's better than a lot of the office chairs I've used and it has some positives but its not sorting my back issues and I should have something more posture orientated. Saying that I also console game at my desk and the secret labs allows you to do that which suits a lot of people for having a chair for both work and console gaming at a desk but my back goes nuts when I do that

Soldato
I really like my secret labs chair. The new models don't seem to suffer from the creaky lumbar issues that they seem to have gotten a bit of a reputation for.

For me it's a good gaming /office chair crossover and I honestly can't really fault it.

Soldato
I did try one in John Lewis and didn't really get on with it but from what I understand it's not meant to be comfy at first it has to be used for a while to correct posture before it becomes more comfortable .
Yes, and I had the same experience at first, and thought what the heck is this and why doesn't it immediately feel comfortable.
The acid test will be tomorrow, when I can dedicate a full day to playing through Doom Eternal (again) and I'll see/feel how my body is the morning after.
I will say that when using the Secretlab, I have to constantly adjust and contort my frame to even have a snowballs chance in hell of feeling comfortable for even a few minutes, whereas with the Aeron it feels like a custom fit the more I use it, and super comfortsble i

Soldato
Keep us updated if you don't mind I'm interested to hear how you get on!
I spent around 8 hours gaming today and never once had to shift around in the chair to get either comfortable or have to move because I was in pain, which is something I can't say about the SL.
I game with the chair reclined and with my feet on the desk and with the SL I would have to almost lay sideways in it to stop the back pain.
The main difference (amongst many) I think is the lumbar support which just works and also my upper back/shoulders are supported correctly.
The best explanation I can give is that it just fits and what I need supporting is supported.
I've just sat in the SL again and my god it's awful in comparison, like utterly bad.
None of what I've said is because I've spent a small fortune on the HM, it's because it is really that good for my back.
Usually on a Sunday I'll crawl out of bed feeling utterly broken (back & knees) as I've gamed the previous day, so tomorrow morning will be interesting.

Luckily enough I had a Amazon delivery first thing this morning of a new headrest for the Aeron, and boy did that put the cherry on top, so to speak..

11dh7bp.jpg

Apologies if I'm rambling on, but you did ask :D

Soldato
The headrest is this one..

This morning was the first time in ages that I didn't have to sit on the bed to put my socks on, so the chair seems to have sorted my knee pain.
The seat base on the Aeron is approx 6cm shorter than the SL and I seem to sit in it in a more natural position.
My lower back was significantly better today, and I attribute that to the much much better lumbar support.
I genuinely think that in a few weeks all pain will be gone as it kind of make you sit with the correct posture.
Here's hoping!

Soldato
I've had a DXRacer D series since August 2014.
Apart from the seat and the head cushion PU leather peeling away (it's basically a cloth seat now) had no problems with it, not uncomfortable no back pain.
I'm one of the odd ones who sit with my legs crossed in strange ways usually with my right knee resting on the desk just in front of my keyboard usually but I tend to shift throughout the day. Sometimes I sit with my feet on the edge of the seat (I'm quite bendy) with my knees pointing upwards legs resting against the desk.. Sitting "correctly" is not uncomfortable but it just feels strange and wrong in my head maybe its just like I like being curled up partly and my knees being close to my chest feels nice?

I was looking at getting a Secretlabs Titan....eventually...due to the cloth fabric option and the wide seat base which would be nice for the way I sit.

Last edited:
Soldato
After a weekend in the Aeron, and what felt like my posture getting correctly realigned, I went into work as usual this morning and plonked my ass in the gaming style chair at my desk.
I’ve sat in this thing on and off between jobs during the day for a few months and it’s caused no discomfort, until today.
By mid day my lower back was giving me some serious aggro and I asked my boss (long time friend) if he wouldn’t mind if I replaced it out of my own pocket for something better.
To be fair to him, he asked his wife to go get me an Habitat mesh chair from Argos and he’d foot the bill.
An hour later in the chair, I was pain free again, hurrah.
I have to agree with @ChrisD. when he said that gaming chairs are just bad.
I’m sure they suit some people, but for me they’re just a no go, full stop.

Back
Top Bottom