Thinking about moving to a Ninja Foodi.

Soldato
As above, thinking about a Ninja Foodi.

Main reasons are electric consumption as I'm sure this would saves lot compared to an oven and also features, seems like it can do a lot?

Not sure which one is best though, there seems to be loads of different ones, do they allow you to cook pretty much anything too?

Soldato
These things cost what £200?

Sure it will cost less to run but that £200 gets you about 1000kwh of electric at the moment. To put that in perspective, I use 3700kwh a year for the entire house. £200 is going to buy you enough electric to cover all your normal oven needs for 2-3 years if not more.

By all means get one of you want one but don’t think you are doing so under the illusion of saving money.

Associate
These things cost what £200?

Sure it will cost less to run but that £200 gets you about 1000kwh of electric at the moment. To put that in perspective, I use 3700kwh a year for the entire house. £200 is going to buy you enough electric to cover all your normal oven needs for 2-3 years if not more.

By all means get one of you want one but don’t think you are doing so under the illusion of saving money.

Agree with this... doubt it makes a full replacement with added headaches

Soldato
I got the Mrs one last year, the 9 in 1 version, she absolutely loves it. The main oven only ever gets used for doing a big roast or when not everything will fit in it. Can cook a whole chicken in half an hour, and it's crip on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside :D One of the best items in the kitchen by a long stretch.

Soldato
Love our Foodi. Went for the mini to take up less counter space but after comparing side by side there isn't much in it. Mainly use it to air fry and pressure cook.

Soldato
Main reasons are electric consumption as I'm sure this would saves lot compared to an oven and also features, seems like it can do a lot?

Doesn't it depend on your diet - if you do roasts with yorkshire puddings/pots that would usually share oven, lasagna, macn cheese, sausage toad, ... can't see it would be useful;
usually have a main and desert in oven at the same time too.
if you fry stuff then don't you already have a solution ?

energy consumption - de-luxe has a 1.7kw radiant ring , our oven has a 2kw fan element, so .. if its on for the same time won't save much.
they look a pig to clean, unless that's not your job Ninja Foodi Deluxe Fan Disassembly For Easy Cleaning!!
part-pressurecooking a chicken, like on videos - I'd need to see what it tastes like, if you have forked out money for a decent chicken then saving a few p on the oven seems questionable.

I'd prefer to dedicate counter-top space to a combo microwave, a bit more asthetic too.

Soldato
Power consumption is all about the volume being heated and heat loss rather than the power it’s rated for.

For example an oven may have a 2kw element and it will pull 2kw until it’s up to temperature but after that it’s only heating how much ‘heat’ it’s losing out of the gaps, through its casing and when someone opens the door.

If you put a 2kw oven on for an hour, it will not use anything like 2kwhs unless the door has been left open the entire time.

The same will apply to the Ninja.

Soldato
We have one of the larger ones that does pretty much everything... and I've not once used the thing.
Wife uses it for some stuff, such as dehydrating beef to make pseudo-biltong/jerky, and it's not bad... rice comes out like packet rice, which I kinda like but is still crap compared to proper stuff done on the hob... steamed/pressure-cooked stuff is pretty good, but takes ages to get the steam/pressure up...

TBH, I don't think we've yet found it more convenient or cheaper than any other option, bearing in mind it's going up against our old, cheap, crappy electric oven and hob.

Soldato
The Foodi has been bit of a revelation for me.
Does absolutely killer marinated chicken wings/legs etc, incredible chips, courgettes, parsnips and whatever.
In the morning I chuck 3 sausages in the thing for my breakfast sammich and it just does its thing, no hassle, no mess.
I like that you can pressure cook meat in it then cook as usual for a decent tender stew.

Man of Honour
Bought one last week and so far used it to cook potato wedges, frozen chips, chicken curry, roast beef, chicken and beef burgers.

So far I'm impressed with it. So easy to clean as well.

Will be roasting a chicken today and slow cooking a pork casserole tomorrow.

Man of Honour
Wow, that's a good price!

Just had a look, there's currently a 20% ebay voucher but can't see it with a Foodi.

More likely that any merchant that was selling them has now sold out. That voucher code was available from last Friday.

Just wait for the next one. Like I said, they seem to be almost weekly discount codes at the minute. If I remember I'll quote you and post in here next time they come up on offer.

Back
Top Bottom