Thinking of selling my iphone 3g

Associate
I am thinking of selling my iphone bacause i am getting bored of it now. The qiestion is what would I get to put in its place. Its looking likei will get around £200 max for my phone so will be looking to by one around that price, New or old. I will be using my sim card as i stil have a few months left on my contract so will have to be able to take an iphone O2 sim card.

Associate
If you didnt update past 3.0 you'll get more for it, since it can be unlocked :)

If you updated past 3.0 then it can't be unlocked and 200 is probably realistic.

Associate
3.1 can be unlocked :)

Nope it can't. The phone has two parts the OS and the baseband.

If you updated to 3.1 in itunes, you're baseband will have been updated. Once updated it can't be unlocked using the same exploit because apple have closed it.

If you had 3.0 and used the dev team update method then that would update your OS to 3.1 but leave your baseband at 3.0, so it could then be unlocked.

Bottom line, if you updated to 3.1 in itunes, you can't unlock your phone (applies to 3G and 3GS)

Soldato
Fair do's and I admit I possess no technological expertise in this matter. I was only going by the testimonials of a few sites (which you might claim to be ripping people off) that claim to be able to do it, 3.1 that is.

Back
Top Bottom