This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Had a horrible dream last night very scary.

Did some research and it’s called a false awakening with sleep paralysis.

Happened twice n then finally got to sleep!
I've been getting them for years terrifying when they start.

mine come in like phases for a week then disappear for months even years.

I think being over tired is a large contributor to the likely hood of them occurring. with me it definitely is

at least you realised it's not real lol.... took me ages to work that out, now I can always notice a very subtle difference in the room even if it's just a tiny gap in the curtains letting light through etc.

mines never been anything scary just waking up paralysed and like wiggling my fingers and toes trying to break out of it, then actually waking up.

you can go more than 1 level deep btw like russian dolls that's the proper crazy.....

false awakening > False awakening > oh I'm actually awake this time thank god I'm not trapped in a dream world with freddy kruger or something....

Permabanned
What happened in your dream or is it too much to relate on here?

I've had sleep paralysis episodes in the past and they're not fun at all.
No I can relate fine. In my first one I was trying to wake up, getting up then going back into bed but then once I got in I was stuck then couldn’t move and then it would loop.

the second time was where I was falling into a hot pot as the earth moved below me and it even felt hot but then I would stop, then fall again over n over n over.

I've been getting them for years terrifying when they start.

First time I’ve had dreams like that, I wonder if it’s because I fell asleep with my light on causing a break in REM.

Man of Honour
The most messed up stuff dream wise for me is those times when for a few seconds after waking you actually see stuff which isn't there as real as if it was - very rare but I've had some instances of it. Sometimes it is just meaningless numbers/letters on a wall which almost instantly vanish but other times it is quite complex. I think the worst one was when my coat hanging on the back of my door was a horses head, fully detailed black leathery head with evil looking eyes which turned towards me then instantly vanished as I woke up proper but for a few moments was as real as anything else.

For some reason dreams and stuff like that don't scare me as something in the back of my mind knows it is a dream somehow even when it is intense.

Soldato
Been binge watching old ghost documentaries, can't get enough of them. Not the scripted "Oh look my EMF reader went off", the ones with the dramatisation and re-enactments.

No I can relate fine. In my first one I was trying to wake up, getting up then going back into bed but then once I got in I was stuck then couldn’t move and then it would loop.

the second time was where I was falling into a hot pot as the earth moved below me and it even felt hot but then I would stop, then fall again over n over n over.

First time I’ve had dreams like that, I wonder if it’s because I fell asleep with my light on causing a break in REM.
Ahhhh yikes. :(

They are definitely much more alarming and panic inducing if you have not experienced them before.

Subject matter is another thing entirely!

In one I dreamt I was being raped by a 3 armed demon and it felt so real being pinned down and unable to move.

Think it took about 4 or 5 goes of trying desperately to wake myself up.

I went to bed so frightened the following night that it happened again and I realised that the deeper I slept, the more likely it was to happen.

I had so many episodes that I was eventually diagnosed with nightmare disorder.

However I learned to kind of control them so that if something scary happened, I could go back and repeat the scene and change the outcome.

They're very weird.

Try to not think about it too much and I'm sure you will be fine tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom