This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an email from my old dentist saying I am due a check up ,haven't been for 4 years ,was over the moon ,so I got the check up an ex ray and a tooth patch up for the lowest tier £23 ish is it.
I mention it now as am eating an oat bar and the tooth isn't catching my tongue any more

Fuel. Passes all the required checks apart from visible and lubricosity. Dark and cloudy. Looks like crap.
Drained the tanks, flushed the systems and they're running perfectly. Might pull the injectors just to check them next week.

Wow, and your engineers were scratching their heads over that for 2 weeks? Seems pretty obvious, where do I apply? :D

This happens to me all the time, get to a national speed limit and they are nowhere to be seen because they drive 40 everywhere. ******* ****.

Think it was the case - the NSL sections unfortunately weren't long enough for me to get that far ahead of them, get into the 30 and they were quickly right up behind me again... absolutely no need for it.

Just had someone tail gating me through the 30s and 40s - gave them a chance to go past me and didn't take it, got to the open road and I was up to 60 and they were miles back, then again in the 30s and 40s so close behind me at one point the proximity sensor on my vehicle flashed up... in the end pulled over to let them past - but they decided to take a turning instead (think they thought I was going to road rage them)... absolute brain dead idiot - if I'd had to unexpectedly stop even moderately quickly they'd have been into the back of me.
This is usually the elderly, they would drive at 40mph everywhere because it's a "safe" speed in their mind. This is why if you are ever at a Speed Awareness course, it is full of older drivers, who got caught doing 40 in a 30 as they pay zero attention to the signs on the roads.

This is usually the elderly, they would drive at 40mph everywhere because it's a "safe" speed in their mind. This is why if you are ever at a Speed Awareness course, it is full of older drivers, who got caught doing 40 in a 30 as they pay zero attention to the signs on the roads.

Friend of mine used to have an office opposite a centre where they held speed awareness causes. 50% of the drivers were basically school run mums. Another 40% elderly.

Some numpty overtook me and two sets of traffic lights later, I was ahead of him. What did he gain from doing that?

I sometimes get people tail gating me on my way to work, I take a diversion, though longer route, around a busy town, when I rejoin the main road again the other side I often have them catch up behind me again a few minutes later.

Couldn't get a good look at the driver in the dark but it was an older compact sports car of 1970s/80s vintage, MGB kind of looking, so possibly an older driver.

So, there’s a seawater pipe we’ve been maintaining watches to babysit (I’ve been working 0400-0800 & 1600-2000) because it started dripping a few days ago from a cement box that had been built around it to contain a previous leak, has now developed a hole elsewhere outside of the cement box and started dumping water into the engine room.

Management has known about this for 2 months, and done nothing because they’d have to ask the charterer if we could take time out to fix it, and they didn’t have the balls to both tell them about the problem, and ask for the time we’d need to fix it. How do these cretins get these jobs?

Last edited:
Think shop assistants should withheld lottery winnings from horrible customers. Customer came in today having won £260 on four numbers (a roll down draw) on Lotto. He was kicking off as the newsagents couldn’t pay out - as their limit is £100. He should be grateful in winning this amount. I was begrudgingly handed over the £260 to him.

Only customers that talk nicely to us deserve the money.

This, I definitely wasn’t expecting to be the only 20 year old in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom