This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My placement at uni was going well until 5 weeks from the end, my mentor turns out to be a drunk and druggy, uni deem them not fit to pass me and pull me from placement, I now have to redo the placement, means I have nothing to do for the next few months, money is ok but can't really commit to a summer of fun. I'm going stir crazy at moment in house just playing games. ARRRHHHHHHHHH basically, it's costing me 10-20k by not passing this summer and then getting a job ;(

Caporegime
My placement at uni was going well until 5 weeks from the end, my mentor turns out to be a drunk and druggy, uni deem them not fit to pass me and pull me from placement, I now have to redo the placement, means I have nothing to do for the next few months, money is ok but can't really commit to a summer of fun. I'm going stir crazy at moment in house just playing games. ARRRHHHHHHHHH basically, it's costing me 10-20k by not passing this summer and then getting a job ;(

I don't see how that should have impacted on you at all. Surely it was their job to ensure your mentor is competent, by failing to do so they have not been competent.

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
I don't see how that should have impacted on you at all. Surely it was their job to ensure your mentor is competent, by failing to do so they have not been competent.
Indeed, spent hours with the boss of the course talking through everything, she was great. The mentor was arguing I wasn't very good and they were going to fail me, despite me passing first placement with flying colours, just the way life goes sometimes.

Caporegime
It's scary as.

I've worked out I'll need around 20k+ as a deposit.

That's not much off of the property price my parents bought as their first...

Thankfully my salary will help, however, I receive what I would class as a significant bonus, and that won't be taken into account, or it may be, but only half of it. Fair enough I guess, still annoying as it takes 40kish off of what I could be lent...

Yeah, I have next to nothing as I've not been in a position to save untill now. The wife is self employed so trying to rack clients up but it just takes time annoyingly.

We was told we'll need 10k minimum for a 180k odd property around here, which probably will get me a flat at best

Caporegime
OP
Thinking of jacking in my position as a rep for a car club I help with, I just cannot stand the amount of riced out chavved up **** that many of the members drive, and I cannot keep my thoughts to myself. They have asked me to arrange the stand at USC for about 30 cars but I think I'd struggle to pick 30 which aren't utter tripe and I'll just end up saying the wrong thing to someone if I choose any old ****. :p

Someone just joined with an E87 1 series, its slammed onto some black alloys, has eBay special plastic arches, that stupid paint job which seems popular these days where its loads of triangles of different shades of grey, bonnet vents, stupid bumpers a-la max power, and loads of Hartge and Reiger stickers and badges when I don't imagine there is a single Hartge or Reiger part on it, and some of the other admin have commented on it complimenting it etc and I found it hard not to write a paragraph about how **** it looks. :p

Caporegime
Thinking of jacking in my position as a rep for a car club I help with, I just cannot stand the amount of riced out chavved up **** that many of the members drive, and I cannot keep my thoughts to myself. They have asked me to arrange the stand at USC for about 30 cars but I think I'd struggle to pick 30 which aren't utter tripe and I'll just end up saying the wrong thing to someone if I choose any old ****. :p

Someone just joined with an E87 1 series, its slammed onto some black alloys, has eBay special plastic arches, that stupid paint job which seems popular these days where its loads of triangles of different shades of grey, bonnet vents, stupid bumpers a-la max power, and loads of Hartge and Reiger stickers and badges when I don't imagine there is a single Hartge or Reiger part on it, and some of the other admin have commented on it complimenting it etc and I found it hard not to write a paragraph about how **** it looks. :p

That's what happens when you let grudas join!

Caporegime
OP
Well I told the group owner that I'm throwing in the towel this morning. One less thing for me to worry about.

Though my friend who is also a rep hasn't replied to my message despite seeing it so I hope I haven't ****ed her off. :eek: :p

Caporegime
OP
Well my collection of about 100 unique (as in no two the same) bottle caps has been accidentally disposed of... It took a surprising amount of time to accumulate so many! About 5 years or so... :(

Some of them are no longer in production, and some of them my boss got me from abroad...

Soldato
The company I work for, it's stocks almost tripled since I joined a year ago. Praise Jebus for signing bonus and quarterly stock bonus's as well as vested bonus.

Soldato
Just had the neighbor around.
Somebody has smashed into the back of my work pickup, bits of bumper and headlights everywhere.
Amount of damage to the pickup? A slightly bent tow bar and mangled rear step....

Hilux 1 other persons car -200

Caporegime
Just had the neighbor around.
Somebody has smashed into the back of my work pickup, bits of bumper and headlights everywhere.
Amount of damage to the pickup? A slightly bent tow bar and mangled rear step....

Hilux 1 other persons car -200

Crashed in to a parked car? Bet they didn't stick around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom