This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Just ordered 1100 ltrs of heating oil - 60p a ltr so total bill of £700 ish.

Filled up with Diesel this morning at £1.53 ltr.

Elec I was paying £14 for 72 units and now paying same for 60 units a week.

Won't be able to buy loo rolls now till next year.

Soldato
OP
On top of the £700 oil bill- I have also forked out at least £500 on logs over this last year and that is just for a small log burner -Some of that though is stored to dry for next winter if we are all here then.

At my old house I had a Clearview 700 and put a boiler in that -It did use a lot of logs with only 5 rads -There was also the oil boiler running at least 8 more rads - In those days I was being give wood - I also remember paying £70 for 4 ton tipper load from the new bridge they built at Ironbridge (replaced old bridge)

The trouble is inflation has gone way above the average persons income and it's hitting hard- It's not as though it's gone up slowly.

Soldato
OP
Could you have no have ordered 3/4 of that then the rest could have gone on toilet roll.

Absolutely not - That 1/4 will cost quite a lot more when I need it - we can always do what we did in my childhood. Cut up Daily Mail into squares -stack them -bodge hole in corner -put some string through and bingo home made loo roll.
I am kidding - like someone else said on here I have a loft full of loo rolls :D.

Soldato
OP
At 8.00 this morning there was banging on door -Opened up and guy said Oil delivery - I didn't think people started work that early :)

They have to use the Tonka toy to me because of Gypo drive - they put concrete path edging across end instead of curb edging I wanted (they said it's over the top) The first tanker that drove up cracked them so now I only let them put back wheels over but even that is too much -Then they need a full length hose - Tank is right at back of property so it just reaches.

1100 ltrs at 60.85p came to £703 - My first ever load of oil cost me 10p ltr -The was a long time ago.

Soldato
OP
Putting the oil slip in filing cabinet I looked at old oil bills

2020 was 34p ltr
2021 was 38p ltr
2022 is 60.85p

Wife has just got a statement of her pension for this year -£26 per month for 14yrs work - The company pension scheme fell over and after the dust had cleared and it was sold off this is the result.

Since xmas we have put £25 each and the £100 each fuel allowance into the oil suppliers account so on this delivery we had £300 so it eased the pain.
We will contunue to do this every month now.

Soldato
OP
I did a 2 yrs fixed with E.on Next -and it runs out in May - I don't think my £61 a month is going to cover the next deal i can get.
Electric only.
I am going to stock up on candles - If I buy enough I might make a few million £

My first ever oil delivery was 10p ltr

Soldato
OP
My BT deal has just gone up by £4.60 a month. It's now started for me.

I love this below average income talk - it's as though only a few are on it. - In all my life I have never earned anywhere near average which I think is around £30k (or more)

My pension is way below that -In fact it's below the year 2000 national average. (look it up)

Soldato
OP
Just checked my fixed with E.On and it runs out in June - I am now paying 20.1 kw and 18.58 per day.

Anyone any idea how much this is going to go up and how many jars of Vasline do I need. ?

ps They wouldn't let me check new prices.

Soldato
OP
Not so much energy but still a year long pay out.

The council tax arrived this morning and it's gone up £6 a month - next one on door mat will be water bill - Electric is fixed till June.

Soldato
OP
Took a meter reading on 31st March then another today -They charged me £7.38 for three days :eek:

Meter man is coming tomorrow to fit a smart one - I buckled under in the end.

Soldato
OP
I think the wife has suddenly realised how serious the price rise of energy is going to affect her.
I sat down with her and said come June when our electric deal finishes you realise we will both have to be in shower at same time -
Her face was a picture you could have pushed a bus into her mouth.
I AM NOT showering with you - you smell.
I said hang on -it's your fault for feeding me cabbage/sprouts/brocolli to keep me healthy -it's not my fault I always have wind.

Hopefully I might get good old egg - chips and peas in future. :D:D

Soldato
OP
As I said in earlier post my fixed with E.on is finishing at end of June so we have been working on cutting our leccy usage - I pay £62 a month and I was just about using that - some months in credit by a few quid -I have just recieved this weeks cost for reading the meter (do it every Monday) and looks like I am about £37 in credit.
I just hope my 62 quid doesn't double.

Soldato
OP
Oh well - I have nothing else to look forward to.

Last time rises of this magnitude was when Poll Tax was introduced - My rates went from £250 a year to £750 a year - really skinned me - the following year PT was scrapped and rates reduced by £250 so it was a 100% rise for nothing.

Soldato
OP
I have had my smart meter since last Thursday and I am struggling to find the meter readings - Bare in mind my eyes are not perfect -the meter is in a dark corner in garage and I have new reading glasses for the left eye and right eye is no good anyway so I am one eyed Dick -and a big work LED torch.
If anyone has one of these where is the readings - I have found 00037 kw but not sure if that is what I am lookin for -
Also on the home display -where is it on there.
I am on electric only.
tlneazzl.png.jpg This is not my picture just a screen shot.

One other thing -on the indoor display does the green light go out when it's charged showing orange light then later green comes on again for a while to charge again.

Getting a bit toxic some of these replies above.

Soldato
OP
Totted up my daily reading on remote smart meter - 57 from monday to sunday last proper meter was 60 - All I did was make sure wife turned oven on when we needed it instead of and hour before to warm it up,

I can't decide wether to buy a new fridge/freeze for garage as the one we have is 30yrs old - Are they massively more efficient these days.

Back
Top Bottom