This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Commissario
My energy fixed price ends on 31st May and I've just been looking around today. We currently pay around £165/month but the best price I can get is £310/month. That's an increase of £1740/year, practically doubling our current cost.

It's not ridiculous, it's criminal.

Soldato
Just ordered 1100 ltrs of heating oil - 60p a ltr so total bill of £700 ish.

Filled up with Diesel this morning at £1.53 ltr.

Elec I was paying £14 for 72 units and now paying same for 60 units a week.

Won't be able to buy loo rolls now till next year.

Additionally, look at how much of vehicle fuel is tax. And look at how much of domestic energy is green tax etc.

Associate
Its utterly scummy and disgusting and the perfect metaphor for the state of capitalism.

Yes, but only because we've chosen a brand of capitalism that isn't based on a true free market (which for me makes it not really capitalism, but that's probably a subject to be tackled another time).

Man of Honour
My energy fixed price ends on 31st May and I've just been looking around today. We currently pay around £165/month but the best price I can get is £310/month. That's an increase of £1740/year, practically doubling our current cost.

Ours is £150 a month currently, havent heard yet what it will go to in April but in a piece of plus news, the last of the nippers is moving out in June, and as they use WAAAAAAY more energy than both of us combined that will counterbalance any rise :)

Associate
This is what happens when the governments turn on the money printers. Something crazy like 40% of all usd ever in existence were created after covid.

Soldato
Ours is £150 a month currently, havent heard yet what it will go to in April but in a piece of plus news, the last of the nippers is moving out in June, and as they use WAAAAAAY more energy than both of us combined that will counterbalance any rise :)

You'd be surprised at how little difference it makes, things like heating use don't really change that much.

Man of Honour
You'd be surprised at how little difference it makes, things like heating use don't really change that much.

It will make a big difference to us, as an example...we dont have the heating on as we're never cold but nipper has his bedroom window open 24 hours a day (to allow...ahem..."smoke" to go out the window) , which means he is cold all the time and has the heating on constantly. He has big screen tv, a mass of DJ equipment , 2 consoles, 1 PC, 1 fridge, 2 laptops on 24/7. He does at minimum, 3 washing machine loads and 3 tumble dryer loads every day and takes at minimum 2 (often 3) showers every day

Caporegime
Moved into our house with oil CH in september last year. 40p/l at the time looked historically pretty high so I didn't brim the tank, thinking that the price would probably come down. What a fail.

Not sure what charts you were looking at. 40p per litre was more money than the historic low of 20.97 on 1st May but prices were driven downwards due to covid. Prior to covid they had been between 45p and 60p per litre for years. I would have brimmed it at 40p per litre.

Even back in 2011 it was 60p per litre.

Soldato

And now imagine a poor pensioner or someone on UC looking at those increases. It doesn't seem too much like hyperbole to say that people are going to die next winter just because they can't afford to put the heating on.

Soldato
It will make a big difference to us, as an example...we dont have the heating on as we're never cold but nipper has his bedroom window open 24 hours a day (to allow...ahem..."smoke" to go out the window) , which means he is cold all the time and has the heating on constantly. He has big screen tv, a mass of DJ equipment , 2 consoles, 1 PC, 1 fridge, 2 laptops on 24/7. He does at minimum, 3 washing machine loads and 3 tumble dryer loads every day and takes at minimum 2 (often 3) showers every day

Ha, well that is extreme and ummm rather odd :p

Edit: 3 tumble dryer loads a day! Unless you a heat pump dryer that could be 5-6kw per cycle. The unit rate from April is about 28p a kwh.

Man of Honour
It sounds like getting him treated for his OCD will be a lot cheaper than his 'leccy bill....

Tell me about it, I have literally no idea at all how someone uses so many clothing items in a single day, anyone would think he is a catwalk model :) I suspect its mostly down to the fact that any fabric item which resides in his room for more than say....3 minutes, ends up reeking of a certain plant based product, meaning he has to clean them all over again

Soldato
Just ordered 1100 ltrs of heating oil - 60p a ltr so total bill of £700 ish.

Filled up with Diesel this morning at £1.53 ltr.

Elec I was paying £14 for 72 units and now paying same for 60 units a week.

Won't be able to buy loo rolls now till next year.

60p is not that bad, 90p per liter in Greece. And the basic income is 582 euros/month, very few are heating their homes, thank god we live down south lol

Back
Top Bottom