This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Just ordered 1100 ltrs of heating oil - 60p a ltr so total bill of £700 ish.

Filled up with Diesel this morning at £1.53 ltr.

Elec I was paying £14 for 72 units and now paying same for 60 units a week.

Won't be able to buy loo rolls now till next year.

Don
But this is the future that our illustrious Brexit-willing nationalites wanted.

We were warned that costs would increase as a result, and yet that was apparently the "price we are willing to pay for autonomy".

And it's only going to get worse.

Man of Honour
Just did the same, 1200 litres around 60p compared to 3 months ago when it was 44p I seem to recall.

Glad I locked my mortgage in at 1.2% until completion, road looks rocky ahead.

Man of Honour

We were warned that costs would increase as a result, and yet that was apparently the "price we are willing to pay for autonomy".

Cant be all down to brexit though surely, I mean other nations fuel prices have rocketed too and none of them had Brexit. I mean, not everything is Brexits fault :D

Soldato
Moved into our house with oil CH in september last year. 40p/l at the time looked historically pretty high so I didn't brim the tank, thinking that the price would probably come down. What a fail.

Don
Cant be all down to brexit though surely, I mean other nations fuel prices have rocketed too and none of them had Brexit. I mean, not everything is Brexits fault :D

RPI in UK is nearly 8%, I dont think anywhere else in the major EU economies are anywhere near that. Increased fuel costs are just part of the picture

Man of Honour
RPI in UK is nearly 8%, I dont think anywhere else in the major EU economies are anywhere near that. Increased fuel costs are just part of the picture

Which in effect means that its not just down to Brexit. I think its very important in all things in life to get blame pointed at the right things so Brexit being merely one of many factors, I'm ok with

Soldato

I'm sure in the winter I was paying 55-60p for kerosene 10 years ago, maybe hazy memories. Has heating oil gone up that much year on year? I know there are reasonable seasonal swings. I paid 60p a litre in December so I fee your pain.

Soldato

Filled up with Diesel this morning at £1.53 ltr.

Elec I was paying £14 for 72 units and now paying same for 60 units a week.

Won't be able to buy loo rolls now till next year.
The worst thing is that costs around £1200 per month for just a single bedroom flat now :mad: and £555,000 average house prices

Soldato

This is nothing to do with brexit.

Amazing how remainers STILL try to blame everything and anything bad on brexit.

They'd probably find a way to blame an earthquake or meteor strike on brexit somehow!

Soldato
The whole world is in unsustainable debt, the goverment bail outs, the massive gifts incentives to pharmaceutical companies to get all the covid things for us, we gotta pay all that back now, which is impossible, somethings got to give

I haz 4090!
Don

Whoa, that didn’t take long for someone to come and wrongly point the finger at us leaving the EU. I wonder what we’ll blame on it next.

Associate
Didn't take long for this thread to go to **** I see :D

The whole world is in unsustainable debt, the goverment bail outs, the massive gifts incentives to pharmaceutical companies to get all the covid things for us, we gotta pay all that back now, which is impossible, somethings got to give

This guy gets it. A lot of people seem to think that the govt really can just print money to buy us nice things for free, but nothing is free in reality and the politicians aren't going to pay out of their pockets. No prizes for guessing who foots the bill every time ;)

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have no idea how some people are going to handle next winter. I assume the government will do what they always do. Lump the costs on the poor and then when the poor can't afford it they will just move the burden onto the next rung up. Wouldn't want the wealthy or multinational companies to suffer would you.

Thankfully we are just coming out of the winter so bills should be going down again but for many they will just be counting down the days until the winter sets in again.

There seriously should be some sort of uprising when the average person can barely heat their house and run their car and the companies who providing the service are posting record profits. Its utterly scummy and disgusting and the perfect metaphor for the state of capitalism.

Soldato
Energy prices are just ridiculous and it hasn't even gone up to the stupidly high rates coming in April.

All those pubs / restaurants expecting people to finally come back out won't have anyone in them as we are all cutting back on luxury expenses.

Back
Top Bottom