This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
People questioning why their monthly payments are being requested higher than current use, should consider that April/May isn’t typical use for all months of the year.

What's not typical about April/May compared to other months? If you're referring to gas usage because of central heating in winter, I already accounted for that.

I hadn't considered the 20% hike later, so I assume that's where my oversight was.

Caporegime
Only had smart meter 3 days.
Seem to be hitting 2-2.5 a day for electricity.

They couldn't fit a smart meter for the gas due to the weird meter box. But gas is less important.

So looking at 70-80 a month for electricity.

Rates
electricity - 21p unit. 24p standing
Gas - 5p unit. 25p standing
(ends August 2024)

Soldato
Only had smart meter 3 days.
Seem to be hitting 2-2.5 a day for electricity.

They couldn't fit a smart meter for the gas due to the weird meter box. But gas is less important.

So looking at 70-80 a month for electricity.

Rates
electricity - 21p unit. 24p standing
Gas - 5p unit. 25p standing
(ends August 2024)
About similar to mine, with the same sort of deal. God I hope the current prices go down before then...

Caporegime
About similar to mine, with the same sort of deal. God I hope the current prices go down before then...

I can't see it myself.
Well. I guess I hope it comes down a bit. But it's hope more than a belief.

I guess I'll use the time to figure out if solar is worth it. If its looking this bad (or dare I say it.. Worse) in 2024 ill absolutely be looking for cost mitigation some how!

Soldato
I can't see it myself.
Well. I guess I hope it comes down a bit. But it's hope more than a belief.

I guess I'll use the time to figure out if solar is worth it. If its looking this bad (or dare I say it.. Worse) in 2024 ill absolutely be looking for cost mitigation some how!
Doubt I will be going solar but will definitely be putting cash aside to cushion the blow. I consider myself very fortunate that my old deal finished late last year and I fixed at a non stupid price. My DD is £125 a month and in credit...

Caporegime
Doubt I will be going solar but will definitely be putting cash aside to cushion the blow. I consider myself very fortunate that my old deal finished late last year and I fixed at a non stupid price. My DD is £125 a month and in credit...

Ive been paying 230 a month. When they did the smart meter some guy came round and took an official reading. Now I'm 600 in credit!

Think gonna ask for 400 of that back.

Caporegime
My plasma barely registers on standby.
It's a really old g30

When on however... :(

It's amazing really how much difference a bright to dark picture changes the power draw!

Man of Honour
Please turn your TVs off stand by. My TV uses 60w of energy - based on the smart meter when its on standby.

Mine uses 0.5-0.6w in standby though can be a little higher if stuff is connected, averages around 60-70w in use but can peak well over 150w in bright scenes.

Soldato
one watt is later 2013+ eu regs and connectedness is a justification to surpass that
checked bedroom tv/radio which is nearly 20yrs old is listed as 2W, when philips made sets that lasted, plus proper speakers.

Back
Top Bottom